Dino

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

*Hyperthermia / Heat

*Performance team special

 

—————

It was a hot summer day, Dino could swear it was 50 degrees and he was standing right under the strong sunlight for the last couple of hours finishing up with his shoot.

 

Their stylist was going in and about him for a while as he was sweating a lot and needed his hair and makeup to be fixed "I'm sorry" Dino apologized to their staff

"Don't be it's too hot it's expected you're not doing anything wrong"the stylist smiled being the sweetest person ever and Dino felt rather reassured.

 

Dino was finally done after a while and joint the rest of his team members for a late lunch. Everything seemed to be okay for a while until he started feeling nauseous. Dino only managed to swallow a few spoons  down before he put his spoon down gently. He leaned back in his chair quietly watching the rest of s eating and talking nonstop.

He didn't want to force himself to eat more because he knew they had to go back shooting soon and he didn't want to feel worse later.

 

What Dino didn't realize that day was that  he was standing under the blazing sun for too long that he was about to have a heat . It only stared with him feeling nauseous but after the shoot was over, he was already dizzy and unfocused.

 

Dino trailed behind Hoshi as they made their way to the van. Dino flopping into the chair immediately feeling exhausted, he looked out the window merely staring at people and things pass by as they were finally on their way to the dorm.

 

On the way, Dino started feeling a bit cold and clammy. His body aching and muscles rather a bit weak, he felt like energy was being from his body ever too quickly and when Jeonghan called his name about three times without a reply, Jun reached out to pat him on the shoulder

 

"Buddy are you okay?" June pressed tightly over the younger's shoulder, his eyes full with concern

 

"Mmm what?" Dino jolted up to meet Jun's confused face "I'm sorry what?"

 

"Jeonghan been calling you for a while, are you okay you're rather pale"

 

Dino blinked trying to regain focus "I feel dizzy and nauseous" he swallowed hard "Mu head hurts"

 

Hoshi frowned in worry and so did I the others "What? Since when?" Hoshi asked

 

"Lunch" he simply replied closing his eyes trying to rest them for a while

 

"Is it something you ate?" Jeonghan asked fearing a food poisoning situation

 

"No I don't think so" Dino said "I didn't test that much because I was nauseous, so it wasn't the food"

 

"Then what is it?" Jun asked with the same worried voice

 

"I don't know I want to sleep, it's cold" Dino said and immediately Hoshi placed his palm against the younger's forehead "You're definitely developing a fever" he announced brining the boy closer and exchanged a worried look with Jeonghan

 

"You'll be okay we'll take you home and take care of you" Hoshi reassure the younger who was leaning against his shoulder. Dino lived together with the performance team, Hoshi, Jun and The8 and when Jeonghan couldn't join them, the older made sure to tell them what to do

 

"Cold shower and compresses got it Han" Hoshi nodded before leaving the van. He turned around to see Dino walking slowly with Jun by his side "I'll call you if I need anything" Jeonghan nodded and Hoshi closed the door and hurried his way next to Dino.

From their 2nd Van, Minghao stepped out saying goodbye to the others before closing the door and met the rest of Performance team by their entrance door. Minghao looked a bit confused seeing Dino being supported by Jun

 

"What happened?" He urgently asked

 

"He's coming down with something apparently" Jun replied still holding Dino close helping him to slowly walk to the elevator

 

The ride was tense and quiet "Fever?" Minghao asked and Jun nodded. They didn't understand just how fast and sudden Dino's condition worsened but they knew that he should be taking some time to rest.

 

Jun lead him inside trailing behind Hoshi who opened their front door. Dino was dizzy and nauseous even though he didn't eat much, his steps a bit hazy and weak clutching into Jun's arm as he walked inside their home and the older sitting him down on the living room couch.

 

"We Shiism get you under a cold shower, it will definitely help" Hoshi stated and Dino nodded agreeing, a cool shower sounded nice

 

"You're warming up quickly" he reached closer to the younger feeling the heat radiating out of him "Chan for how long you've been in the sun?"

 

"Humm?" Dino looked up at Hoshi, not fully understanding what he asked "I don't know" he seemed unfocused and disoriented and just too tired to argue with anyone. He leaned forward when Hoshi placed his palm against his forehead again and down to his neck and back

 

"I think it's a heat rather than a cold" ... "Is your head throbbing?"

 

"So bad ... yes" Dino replied, his head was killing him to say the least and voices where a bit blocked out

 

"Okay cold shower it is then ... come one buddy" Hoshi gently picked Dino up to his feet and walked again to the shower signaling Jun and Minghao to follow him.

The water was cold and Dino flinched but he can't deny that he actually enjoyed it. The cool feeling against his heated body felt soothing and the ringing in his ears seemed to have calmed down after a while.

 

Dino was in the tub for about 40minutes when the younger decided that it was enough.

 

"Are you sure?" Jun asked "Lets stay for a bit more Dino"

 

"No I'm okay" ... "I want to rinse off and go to bed" he looked much better, more awake and focused and Jun was glad that at least he was regaining his composure. He helped him out if the tub and wrapped him with a towel, Hoshi walked in a few seconds later with a fresh clean pyjama which Dino waisted no time to slip into and weakly walked to his shared bedroom with Hoshi.

 

He sat down and Minghao brought him a tray of food

"You didn't eat earlier, we got you some painkillers as well they should help with your headache"

 

"You need to rest and drink a lot of fluids Chan" Hoshi instructed bringing a bottle of water close to Dino's lips, the younger nodded and took without hesitation. He ate what he could, gulped down the painkillers and simply laid down feeling his body ache as he did.

 

Soon, a cold towel was placed over his forehead and managed to get some sleep and the three took turns to keep an eye on him through the night.