Minwon: Okay

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

 

--------------------

Sure, it was a long night, S.Coups had to leave the room a few times to call the others back at the dorm and tell them how things were going. Luckily, Wonwoo was peacefully sleeping, the doctor came in a while ago and removed the oxygen mask, he didn't need it anymore and told them it's just a matter of time until he finally wakes up, he simply needed some rest.

Relieved, Mingyu, S,Coups and Jeonghan tried to get some rest without leaving Wonwoo's side. Their manager was kind enough to get them some snacks and promised them to take care of everything. Seungkwan was in tears, the other end of the line sounded chaotic, the first few phone calls were so messy but later, all seemed to have calmed down. They could sense the calmness in Jeonghan's voice and it wasn't a fake one, they knew that Wonwoo was in safe hands and that they will be seeing him soon in no time.

When Wonwoo finally woke up, this time, he was more aware of what was going on around him. He took a quick scan of the room and everything seemed so calm and peaceful. His eyes landed on Mingyu sleeping on a chair not so far away from him but he couldn't spot anyone else. Mingyu must have been tired, after all the restless time he spent worrying about him and it made Wonwoo feel greatful and guilty at the same time, he got them into so much trouble, he had to undergo surgery for heaven's sake, things got very serious in a very short period of time and he didn't know where to even start apologizing.

He didn't move much, he just stood still watching the white ceiling, Wonwoo realized that Mingyu probably wouldn't wake up anytime soon, he must have been tired. He aimlessly blinked for a while, he was going in and out of his own thoughts, he couldn't wait to get home and be with everyone else, and to get back to his normal life and most importantly he just wanted to eat ... just sit and have a proper meal, he suddenly felt too hungry like he didn't eat for days and he craved a nice hot meal with his friends. 
 

He sighed deeply trying to rest for a little while before Mingyu wakes up or maybe someone walks in. And he was right because about 10 minutes later, Jeonghan slowly opened the door to the hospital room. Sure, Wonwoo was still too weak to move or sit up on his own but as soon as he saw Jeonghan, a smile formed on his face and Jeonghan came running his way to him

"Hi" he said softly whispered now leaning down close to Wonwoo "Are you okay?" He asked and Wonwoo hummed "You're not going back to sleep are you?" 
Wonwoo's voice came out rather rusty and tired "No I'm not" and Jeonghan was relieved 

"Are you in pain anywhere? Shall I call the doctor?" It wasn't really necessary but Jeonghan was still worried, he looked behind him at the sleeping Mingyu and he gently tapped his arm "Mingyu wake up" he hurriedly woke the younger "I'm going to get the doctor you stay with him"

Dazed, Mingyu jolted up from his chair "What's happening?" He asked really scared "Is he okay?" Jeonghan smiled and calmed him down "You can ask him yourself" 

Wonwoo was rather amused by the scene but also too tired to do anything about it. Jeonghan left for a while and Mingyu came closer "I'm glad you're okay, you really scared us there"

"I know, I'm sorry" Wonwoo mumbled resting his eyes for a bit, Mingyu smiled and didn't say anything for a few seconds "Don't be it's not your fault, I wish you talked to us earlier though" 

"I'm sorry" he said again this time sounding more and more emotional but Mingyu knew better "It's okay you'll be okay" 

The doctor came in after a while, Mingyu and Jeonghan were pushed back to the waiting area again but at least this time they knew it was just a routine checkup. Scoups came back with their manager right about time when the doctor was done he brought some food for all of them and was a bit confused when he saw everyone outside in the waiting room again. 

A while later, they were cleared to come inside again, the doctor reassured them that everything was fine and Wonwoo will bounce back in no time. Relived, they they all walked inside the hospital room where their friend was now sitting up on his bed, looking a bit tired, but a lot better. He was still a bit warm to the touch but at least the pain was gone. Wonwoo exchanged some sweet looks with his leader, it felt like he hasn't seen him for a long time.

Scoups walked up at him and gently wrapped his arms around Wonwoo's shoulders and embraced him closer, for a second, he didn't want to let go but when Wonwoo hissed under his breaths he immediately let go "Did I hurt you?" Scoups gently pushed himself back "I'm okay" Wonwoo whispered "Just don't strangle me" he jokingly said throwing a tired smile. Scoups helped him to lay back down on his bed, Wonwoo's eyes closed shut as he moved back to his position, he was clearly in pain, the wound was still fresh and he's not supposed to be moving a lot. Scoups gently helped him and tightly covered him with the white blanket the clinic offered.

"When are we going home?" Wonwoo asked rather rushing to leave these white walls surrounding him and that's when Scoups smile faded away "Not today" he said and the look on Wonwoo's face looked disappointed. A firm hand was on squeezing his own  "You just got out of surgery" Scoups stated as a facet "You're tired" and Wonwoo really was "You need more rest" and it was true "You need to stay here for a while until you heal"  

A moment of silence took place and Wonwoo ended up nodding and agreeing he was soon wrapped up again under his covers. He tried to take on some bites from the hospital food they provided but nothing was sitting with him so he decided he would eat later. Time was passing by rather too quickly and it was almost night time again. Wonwoo was dozing off, he was resting all day as the doctor ordered and they wouldn't let him move on his own not that he could anyways. 

Mingyu's eyes never left Wonwoo's sleeping figure. The room was clear and quiet everyone left a while ago to freshen up and come back and Mingyu volunteered to stay with Wonwoo until they came back and then they'll switch or take turns "Stop fidgeting around" Mingyu said rather firmly, Wonwoo was still finding a more comfortable place when his wound would stop stinging "I'm okay" he said hissing again and his own movement

"Stop"

Mingyu stood up from his chair finally walking over to him "I'm okay" Wonwoo repeated once more but Mingyu was already by his side fixing his pillow and making sure he was comfortable enough "Better?" And Wonwoo hummed "I'm okay"

Wonwoo said that for the third time and Mingyu stopped for a while, he reached over to hold Wonwoo's hand "Yes you are" he mumbled taking a good look at Wonwoo's face. He was obviously tired and finally falling asleep, Mingyu just watched over him as he surrendered to sleep. Mingyu closed his eyes for a second thinking about all what has happened, everything seemed to be clashing way too quickly at the back of his head but he was thankful and grateful that's all over now, now they were really ... okay.