Wonwoo: Fever I

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

 

-----------------------

Wonwo slowly undressed, letting his sticky clothes fall to the floor, his head was still spinning, he held on the sides of the sink for support, he needed to catch his breaths before stepping into the shower. 
 

He let the warm water cover his tired body, letting it wash the irritable feelings away. He ran his fingers through his hair catching a skipped breath, the water wasn't good to him today since their schedule started that morning.

The sounds of the water tip tapping was heard from outside where Scoups and Mingyu were discussing quietly 

"He's burning up and in obvious pain Mingyu" Scoups was devastated, he was scolding Mingyu for a while now "You could've said something, he obviously wasn't sleeping well and what type of headache would last this long?" 
 

"I'm sorry I didn't realize it was this bad" Mingyu felt so bad for not noticing it earlier, "I barely saw him at all since last night" he was there the entire time and yet, he didn't notice anything other than the bad dream Wonwoo had, and his headache. 
 

"Anyways" Scoups scoffed "If it's not gone by tonight, I will be calling the doctor" Mingyu nodded feeling most guilty about it. He hated to see his friend in so much pain, and especially with all what they had to do today, it is a miracle that Wonwoo was still standing up.

They waited for him until the water sound stopped, and Wonwoo emerged from the shower looking no better than earlier. If not, his feet were about to bail on him, he leaned on the wall for support until he felt Mingyu's strong arms wrapped around him guiding him to his bed.

Mingyu and Scoups were talking, but Wonwoo wasn't focused enough to understand what they were talking about, he sat on the bed and closed his eyes for a second trying to rest his head from the continuous spinning, he breathed in rather deeply. He suddenly felt the presence of a dry towel on his shoulders, he didn't know that his wet hair was still dripping water. Scoups ruffled his hair gently drying it up and soon Mingyu brought the hair dryer, it only took few minutes before Wonwoo was finally able to lay down.

He was too tired that it hurt, he whined at the feeling when Scoups pushed him down, even though he made sure he was too gentle

"I'm sorry Wonwoo, you'll be fine you need to rest"

But Wonwoo didn't stop fidgeting, everything suddenly started aching badly when his head hit the pillow. Scoups ran another hand on his forehead, Wonwoo was still burning up and this time, he could feel his entire body tensed up, the heat radiating from the younger was no joke.

Wonwoo's muscles were weak and shivering, he couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep in and kept fidgeting here and there causing himself more and more pain until Mingyu put his arm around his shoulders and pulled him closer to him.

Mingyu was no pillow but he definitely was more comfortable than his own bed right now. He wasn't too warm nor too cold and it was easier for Wonwoo to just lean into him for comfort. Mingyu smelled fresh, he just came out of the shower so it must be his shower gel or shampoo, it was soothing to just have him close, it felt safer than anything Wonwoo could think about and without even realizing, between the soothing scent, Mingyu's presence and the cold towel pressed against his forehead, Wonwoo slowly lost track of everything around him and surrendered to sleep.

Finally, Wonwoo had some shut eye. 

It was getting late, Scoups was still not feeling easy about the whole situation, soon, Jeonghan was also there, Seunkwan and Hoshi came in from time to time just to check in while the others decided to just give them some space. Wonwoo needed some rest and nobody wanted to risk waking him up, however, they kinda had to, Wonwoo basically didn't eat all day and his fever wasn't dropping the way Scoups hoped it would soon. The leader kept changing the wet towels on top of Wonwoo's forehead evey now and then sighing everytime he came in contact with Wonwoo's skin.

Mingyu was still holding him tight, the boy was also tired and dozzed off next to Wonwoo a while ago. Scoups chuckled worriedly at the scene in fornt of him. He didn't know exactly what to think. Jeonghan suddenly came in with a tray in his hand, him and the others cooked some dinner. It wasn't much but they wanted Wonwoo to have a home made meal, a healthier choice that hopefully will make him feel better. Scoups sighed, he felt bad for waking him up again, Wonwoo looked exhausted. 

"Shall we wake him up?" Jeonghan asked, his voice above a whisper and Scoups nodded. First, they gently woke up Mingyu who was all dazed and confused looking around himself frantically thinking something has happened. Amused by his reaction, Jeonghan scoffed as he detangled Mingyu away from Wonwoo. 

Wonwoo didn't even flinch, but Mingyu could feel the heat radiating from him, if he knew better he would say that it was worse than before. Scoups kneeled closer to Wonwoo and removed the wet towel he placed on his forehand earlier. He gently stoke his hair and face for a while calling his name a couple of time before Wonwoo responded.

When he opened his eyes, Scoups came to his vision, and the uncomfortable feelings followed. Wonwoo groaned and tightly closed his eyes, Scoups and Jeonghan were talking to him gently but he didn't quite get what they were saying 

"Here, here" Scoups finally put an arm around Wonwoo and scooped him up to a sitting position "I know you're tired and you want to go back to sleep and you will, I promise, I just need you to eat something and take some medicine okay?" 

Wonwoo opened his eyes and Scoups arms were supporting him to sit up. He didn't object much, yes he was hungry, surprisingly very hungry that he finished the whole thing. He was rather more awake at this point, he didn't argue at all and gulped down the medicine that was given to him. Jeonghan smiled proudly as he covered him again with his blanket, Scoups placed the wet towel on his forehead again and watched him go back to sleep