Mingyu 2

Stay Strong Seventeen 2

WonWoo was absolutely torn between trying to hush Mingyu and to call his Hyungs at the same time. Eventually, he did, he ran back to the practice room frantically calling S.coups who came immediately followed  by the manager.

 

It must have been no more than two minutes but Wonwoo wasn't comfortable leaving Mingyu alone for that long.

And as soon as they got to the screaming boy, Mingyu was in a sitting position, leaning down shaking and almost hugging himself.

They tried to make him lay down on the bed but Mingyu wouldn't let them, he was in so much pain to move anywhere else.

 

"Mingyu where does it hurt exactly?" Scoups asked but Mingyu didn't answer, he just continued to hold the fabric around his abdomen

"Yes I know but where exactly? Is it your stomach?"

 

Mingyu shook his head saying "No" and moved his hand to a more precise spot

"It's his lower right abdomen" the Manager exclaimed and quickly went on touching Mingyu's face "You're having a fever" he then turned to WonWoo "You said he was dizzy and nauseous?"

 

"Yes, he wanted to vomit earlier but..." WonWoo tried to explain but he got interrupted by the manager "It's his Appendix, we need to get him to the hospital ... NOW"

 

The manager said as he took Mingyu's blanket off and hurried to help him leave the bed

 

"His what?" WonWoo asked while S.coups had the I should have known sooner face on

 

"His appendix Wonwoo-ah, it makes total sense"

 

The manager acted quickly bringing Mingyu to the hospital, the boy was trying so hard to keep himself in check, tossing uncomfortably the whole ride leaning onto WonWoo for support while S.coups sat across them telling him that everything will be okay

 

As soon as they got to the hospital, the doctors immediately took Mingyu away leaving the manager, WonWoo and S.coups in the waiting room.

It was frustrating, the way the doctors just took their friend away telling them that he needed to undergo surgery right away before something worse happen, was the most frightening feeling ever.

 

As they waited, scared and too nervous, Wonwoo couldn't stop fidgeting nervously with his fingers while Scoups couldn't get off his phone texting and calling the others ... mostly Jeonghan. They all just left in a hurry and didn't even explain themselves.

 

What if something went wrong? Wonwoo couldn't shake the bad thoughts away. Mingyu was in so much pain and they figured things out at the very last minute.

 

Their prayers were only for Mingyu to be okay.

 

Actually, they didn't know much about Mingyu's condition so far.

All what the doctor told them that they did well brining Mingyu to the hospital before his condition worsened. He also told them that the surgery won't take more than an hour and that it's nothing to worry about.

 

They waited for an extra 45 minutes until the nurse finally came in calling for them "Kim Mingyu's relatives?"

 

"Yes, we are here" The manager stood up immediately followed by S.coups and WonWoo "The doctor will see you now" she announced and they nervously followed her  the doctor's office who had just come out from Mingyu's the surgery.

 

"Oh come in" The doctor addressed the three nervous looking in front of him

 

"How is he doctor?" Scoups asked without any further introductions, he was in a hurry to hear the answer

 

"He's okay now ... we are preparing him to move him to his ward. The surgery went as smooth as it can be. I'm glad you brought him in time before anything else happens, he's passed the danger state"

 

Wonwoo could feel his knees about to give up hearing the relieving news

 

"Can we see him? Or take him home?" S.coups asked

 

"Not so quick, we need to make sure that there are no side effects ... it's okay to see him but he will not be leaving so soon"

 

The doctor kept going on and on about how they should be taking care of him, what he should eat and how to proceed with Mingyu's recovery and some time later, they were on their way to see him.

 

Mingyu was laying down with an oxygen mask on his nose and mouth, he looked peaceful, at least now he wasn't in so much pain.

The manager was talking on the phone again outside updating his superiors and promised to call Jeonghan himself and reassure the others as well while S.coups and WonWoo occupied a place next the sleeping boy.

 

About 30 minutes later, Mingyu opened his eyes, he looked around as if he just woke up from deep sleep, he wasn't scared but rather calm as if he was prepared for this. He looked around himself watching WonWoo and his leader rushing to his direction "Mingyu? how do you feel?" S.coups asked first followed by a worried WonWoo "I'll go get the doctor"

 

Mingyu tried to move but his new acquired scar prevented him from doing so and took the oxygen off his face

"I'm fine Hyung ... a lot better"

 

S.coups smiled, Mingyu's words were enough to reassure him that the boy was doing fine now. Seconds later, the doctor came in followed by a couple of nurses. WonWoo was panting standing outside by the door frame. S.coups pressed on his shoulder "He's fine .... don't worry he's fine"