The Condition

You Are Living In MY World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle."

Macbeth

 

 

 

 

It was past midnight, traffic was barely there as two sports cars could be seen racing through the eerily quiet streets of Malcom City.

 

Beating red light after red light, one car was cruising through easily while one car was chasing despairingly.

 

The finish line can be seen ahead as the other man hits the maximum speed of his Chevrolet Corvette in desperation, trying to catch up to the insanely fast black Bugatti Divo ahead.

 

A lot is at stake in this race. This car. His life.

 

"Ahhhh!" He hit the pedal furiously as he screamed perilously.


Then less than a minute, the cars' tires squealed with rapid acceleration, and then the brakes screeched on the pavement with sudden pressure.

 

A flag was raised. The race was over. He lost.

 

Sweating hard as the man stared wide-eyed on his steering wheel, his hand still on the gear. The hell with this car, his life is at stake!

 

Knock

 

A soft tap on the man's window. He didn't look up. It's probably just one of the thugs.

 

"Don't think about it, man." The voice warned.

 

The man looked up this time. With widened eyes and a panicked look on his face, he shifted the gear quickly to turn his car around.

 

He had to escape here...fast. He should have done it while in the middle of the race but his foolish ego engaged him to race in a tiny flick of hope that maybe..maybe he could beat GD.

 

But he already knew it was a foolish thought. GD never loses.

 

Not even a quarter mile away, and suddenly, one of his tires exploded loudly on the spike strips. His car careened wildly in circles until it slammed to a stop against a lamppost. If not for his seat belt, he would have been thrown out of the car and died on the spot.

 

But maybe that way of dying is better than how he was pulled out harshly from his smoking car to be thrown in front of GD who was looking at him dangerously. The car was no use to the gang leader now.

 

"You have seven seconds to leave..." GD lingered on his words as one of his men fired a gun in the sky.

 

The man sobbed pathetically as he gravely raised his hand. "No, GD, please!!! I'm so sorry! I will do whatever you want. Just don't kill me...please!! " he was begging for his life, he even tried to cling to GD's feet but one of his men stepped on his hand.

 

"Don't you dare touch GD." One of his men warned.

 

But GD bent to sit on his heels as he eyed the man coldly.

 

The man gulped in fear. GD might be thinking of different ways to torture him to get any information out of him, before deciding that he was better dead than alive. At the thought, the man peed on his pants.

 

GD looked at him, an unreadable expression on his face. Though his stance is calm, the man knows GD is not someone to mess up with. "Listen." GD started. "I'll give you one last chance." He was seemingly studying the man in front of him.

 

The man sobbed harder hearing that. He's...alive. He's gonna live! GD is showing mercy.

 

GD then stood up. "Bring me seventy million won next week. No extension." He stated, coldly. The man nodded profusely. Listening to whatever he says. His voice dropped a tone lower as he uttered the next words, "Abide and you live. Run and you die." He warned before he turned his back.

 

"Thank you, GD. Thank you!! I will bring the money...! I promise!" The man cried out loud. "When do you want it next week? I will make sure to deliver them to you!"

 

GD ignored him as he got inside his car, starting its engine.

 

"Wednesday." One of GD's men stepped up to answer. "Make sure to bring the money by then or you're dead."

 

GD was silent as a passing thought crossed his mind. Wednesday? Why he has a feeling he has to be somewhere on Wednesday?

 

"Is Wednesday sound good, GD?" his men asked.

 

GD didn't answer as he revved up his car and then ripped the pavement at an unsafe speed. Gone.

 

For his men, that's a yes.

 

 

 

"... District 7 is giving me headaches. They have been actively causing trouble in this town these days. If he's been running around campaigning against me then I have no choice but to put him in his place..."

 

Dara heard Mr. Yang's voice as she was on her way to serve Mrs. Kwon's morning tea. She didn't expect the head of the house to join mademoiselle in the sunroom that Friday morning.

 

Dara stopped on the threshold as she waited for the madame to signal her to enter the room. No servants are supposed to be in the same room as Mr. Yang.

 

Dara looked at the madame. Madame seemed to be looking stunned as she remained quiet. Her eyes widen listening to whatever her husband is saying.

 

"I have an election to win next year so you better put a leash on that thug and not to cause any more havoc in my city." Mr. Yang sipped his coffee. He glanced at Dara.

 

Dara bowed her head. She didn't want to meet Mr. Yang's eyes, too. He seemed to be someone Dara should avoid, she thought.

 

The madame finally noticed her and motioned her to come. Dara complied as she placed the cup of tea in front of her. Madame immediately took it to her lips, her elegant fingers shaking. She drank the tea quickly, obviously nervous.

 

"I-I'll do what I can..." the madame finally said something, looking distressed.

 

Mr. Yang nodded as he stood up and then picked up his briefcase on the table. He strode towards the door and before he could leave the room completely, he said, "His drag racing is getting tiring. Will you be ready for another funeral?" it was a warning in his tone.

 

The madame didn't answer as Mr. Yang left the room. But one thing is for sure next, madame lost it.

 

As Dara expected, Madame threw the cup on the brick wall, as the expensive glass shattered on the floor.

 

Dara bowed as she turned around to head towards the door then slowly closed the door behind. Leaving Madame throwing anything her hand will touch, screaming, and having a meltdown.

 

 

 

 

 

"Cut!"

 

The club director, Mr. Jin, yelled as he motioned for the cast to gather.

 

Dara sighed as she harshly let go of Jaejoong's neck. They had a scene together where Lady Macbeth had Macbeth in a chokehold.

 

"Easy, tigress," Jaejoong said as he massaged his neck. "Your mood seemed to be fouler today than usual." He commented.

 

Dara frowned at him. "Shut up." She said as she walked towards the center stage along with the other cast. She squatted on the floor and ignored Jaejoong when he sat beside her too.

 

 

"So, a big rehearsal is coming next week. No room for mistakes. The play is fast app

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter