The First Witch

You Are Living In MY World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Witches in the Tragedy of Macbeth

 

First Witch

 

"I myself have all the other,
And the very ports they blow,
All the quarters that they know
I' the shipman's card.
I will drain him dry as hay,"

 

 

"Dara-ah."

 

Dara looked up to the owner of the voice. A beautiful woman in her forties fixing expensive-looking pearls in her ears as she was also trying to wear her red Loubotin shoes.

 

Dara stood up from cleaning the floor to bow to the mademoiselle of this huge mansion she was working at.

 

The woman was also holding this nicely wrapped lunchbox in one hand. Though nice, it is a sight that doesn't suit the overall expensive look this woman is showing.

 

Dara knows what's going to happen next.

 

The mademoiselle handed her the lunchbox. "Give this to Jiyong as well today. Tell him it's his favorite sandwich." She gave Dara a smile too.

 

Dara smiled a bit as she received the lunchbox. She bowed to her again.

 

"I will, ma'am." Poor woman, she doesn't even know her son doesn't eat sandwiches.

 

The madame waved her hand to dismiss her as she headed to the doorway. "You can also leave for school. I don't want you late for your class."

 

"Yes, ma'am." Dara bowed again. She gathered her cleaning supplies and was preparing to leave when madame asked her again.

 

"What does my son say about the daily lunches from me?" madame asked, beaming.

 

Dara smiled as she answered, "He said they're very delicious, ma'am."

 

Madame nodded, seemingly satisfied with her answer, as Dara bowed again and then left the room.

 

If only her mademoiselle knew that if Dara wouldn't eat the food, her son would just throw it in the garbage.

 

Rich people and their strange lonely lives.

 

 

Dara works very early to clean Kwon's big mansion. It's probably the biggest house in their small town. They own most of the establishments in the town too. Not to mention, Mrs. Kwon's third husband is the wealthy city mayor. What a life.

Ever since Dara was little, she had dreamed of living in one of these mansions. But Dara also knows it's an impossible dream to have. So when Mrs. Kwon was looking for a part-time house helper. Dara saw this as an opportunity to "achieve her dream of living in this mansion" as a cleaner.

Mrs. Kwon is infamous for being meticulous and perfectionist to the people working for her. Especially if it's in her household. So, when she sees a flaw in her servants, she quickly fires them. From breaking a vase accidentally to spreading rumors about the family.

Madame might look like a perfect looking woman outside, but within her walls, she has a temper unbeknownst to many. Dara had already witnessed it before. But Dara didn't care.

If madame breaks a glass, Dara will be there to clean it and get her a new one. If madame goes berserk and throws a fit by breaking things along the way, Dara will still clean them and even close the windows and doors, so madame will have the privacy of doing this destructive behavior only known to few.

What amazes Dara the most is the madame's quick change in personality when someone of importance is in her presence. She will turn out to be the most philanthropic politician housewife you will ever imagine.

In Dara's mind. 'What a two-faced .'

How did Dara end up working for her for so long? She acts nice.

Dara remembered an event in her life.

Dara was cleaning inside madame's walk-in closet. To describe it best, this is her favorite place in the house.

The room is just full of expensive stuff. From jewelry to expensive shoes to branded clothes, among other things Dara can only see in movies.

Every time Dara is in that room, she is lost in her thoughts. It seems her world is suddenly shining. It makes her forget that she lives an impoverished life. She felt rich just standing in that room. It might be a pathetic thought, but it gave her comfort.

This is how a woman should live. In luxury.

Dara was trying on red Christian Louboutin shoes when she felt a pair of eyes watching her. Calmly, Dara took off the shoes, wiped them, and put them back in their rack.

 

Dara heaved a sigh as she turned her back to face, surprisingly, not an angry Mrs. Kwon.

 

Madame appeared to even look...amused.

 

Instead of apologizing for her intrusion, Dara looked at her straight. "Are you gonna fire me now?"

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter