The Makeover

You Are Living In MY World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Dara awoke the following morning to find herself alone in bed. Jiyong was no longer beside her, and she noticed the crumpled space on his side of the bed. She wondered where he was. It's always nice to wake up cuddling with him. He's so warm and sweet to her.

 

Dara smiled as she remembered his sentiment yesterday. He was angry because he wasn't there for her during her difficult time in high school.

 

She sighed at the painful memories. It would be less painful if she had met Jiyong at that time. To have someone who will comfort and support her and would drop anything just to be with her.

 

She always felt prioritized by him. She knew he liked her more than just 'like', and she was content with what they had. She didn't feel the need to label what they are right now.

 

Fortunately, Jiyong didn't really ask her about it—about what they are. Are they just friends? Friends who care too much for each other and occasionally kiss and snuggle in bed?

 

Dara scoffed as she bit her lip. She had always kept her emotions at bay, likely a result of enduring so much that she built an invisible wall in front of her—one that no one dared or cared to break until she met Jiyong.

 

But the thump of her heart knew that Jiyong is...special. So special that she was afraid to get to know him more. In her mind, he's her best friend--

 

'No, sweetie. Na-uh. He's more than that.' Her subconscious mind quickly argued.

 

Dara sighed. He's more than her friend, yes, who goes to school with her and his college major is Music. Jiyong is ordinary like her.

 

She really want to keep that image of him in her mind. Based on her past experience, being in denial have helped her greatly in the past. It helped her move on, live, and focused on her goals.

 

And right now, her focus is getting her lead role back so she can accomplish her mother's dream for her.

 

How about YOU? What's your dream? Her subconscious again. Dara blinked, she didn't realize she never asked herself what she really wanted in life.

 

She was busy surviving her unfortunate living situation she didn't think she wanted something more aside from having a lead role in a play. Oh yeah, her plan was to have her lead role back, graduate, get a decent job, and get a place of her own away from her aunt.

 

After that? She realized, she has no idea.

 

Maybe that's why she was latching on so much on getting her role back because she didn't really have anything else to focus on. All she knew, she just wanted her lead role back.

 

She had no other purpose.

 

She was having a headache first thing in the morning with these deep thoughts. It must be the talk with Jiyong yesterday and him mentioning about her past that made her feel emotional early in the morning.

 

Beep

 

She was thankful by the ding of her phone as she reached for her phone placed on the bedside table as she read the text message. It's from Ms. Sohee.

 

Dara-ah, you don't have to go to work tonight at -ONE. It's the weekend before Thanksgiving week so people are probably going back to their hometown. I don't think we'll be busy. I also texted Jiyong and the band to not come as well. TGIF! Xoxo

 

She sighed. Not going to work tonight meant a cut on her paycheck. She seriously need to find a full time job with benefits so she can start living comfortably. But that's not gonna happen when she's still in school. She really need to graduate ASAP.

 

Beep

 

Another text came in. She scrunched her eyebrows at the unknown number.

 

Hey, Park. Handsome Jaejoong here. Have you decided if you're going on a D-A-T-E with me tomorrow? I need your answer.

 

P.S: Imagine the triple payment plus the chance to go on a date with the gorgeous ME.

 

She frowned at Jaejoong's text right away. How come even in text, he's annoying. How did he even know her number? He probably got it from one of their club members.

 

She sighed rashly as she read his P.S. multiple times. Triple payment...that's really starting to appeal to her. Not to mention, no part time job for her tonight. A date with the prick can cope up to her financial loss.

 

With a heavy heart, she replied,

 

K

 

Almost instantly, she got a response from him.

 

Great. I'll pick you up at your house tomorrow at 10am. Don't be late. Before you wonder, I already know your address. This small town seriously knows everyone.

 

She didn't reply to that as she just threw her phone to the bed. It's probably a good idea to keep this from Jiyong as she remembered his reaction the last time she mentioned the possibility of a date with Jaejoong to him.

 

She stood up as she decided to get in the shower and prepare for school. She kept her clothes here and the other stuff she received from Jiyong weeks ago. He even bought a new pink dresser in his room to keep her stuff there. Which looks ridiculous against the dark theme in his room.

 

Well, that's Jiyong for you. Making her feel special.

 

She grabbed clean clothes, and get in the warm shower.

 

Once done, she dried off with a white towel and picked up a Dior white long sleeve shirt and Lululemon pants for her school outfit today. She dried and brushed her hair and applied a light makeup and once she was satisfied with how she looked, she made the bed and got out of the room.

 

Jiyong was nowhere in sight but he did leave some breakfast for her with a sticky note on the clear plastic wrap wrapping the plate full of bacon, eggs, and toast with a glass of orange juice. She read the note,

 

'Sorry I have to leave early. Will probably miss school today and won't be home tonight. Feel at home to stay. I already missed you.'

 

Dara suppressed a smile at his last note as she sat down and quietly ate the breakfast Jiyong prepared for her.

 

She wondered where did he go, but then, if he wanted her to know he would include it in the note as well.

 

She ate quietly. Feeling alone and lonely at the moment. She almost couldn't handle the deafening silence of his place.

 

She missed him too.

 

 

 


Like what Jiyong wrote in the note, she didn't see him at school today. She didn't see Suzy during the theater practice either.

 

"Geez, what's gotten into Bae Suzy lately. I need everybody here during practices. The play is fast approaching, for goodness sake!" Mr. Jin said to the whole club, frustratedly.

 

Most were worried but not Dara as a smile appeared on her face. Sooner or later, Mr. Jin would finally realize it was a mistake entrusting the lead role to an unreliable transferee no matter how colorful the past experiences were. Pressure can sometimes do wonders on people.

 

Dara was still smirking when she felt someone staring at her. She looked up to find Jaejoong eyeing her suspiciously.

 

Her smirk only widened as she even winked at him.

 

That only cemented his suspicions as he narrowed his eyes at her.

 

"Ok, practice over. You guys can leave. Enjoy the Thanksgiving holidays. I'll see you after your break." Mr. Jin said as he dismissed everyone.

 

The students bowed and the air of excitement filled the air as it's Thanksgiving week. It's nice to take a break from school and club practices.

 

Jaejoong walked over to Dara as she started to head out to the door.

 

"You did this, didn't you?" Jaejoong asked, suspiciously.

 

Dara glanced at him innocently. "I have n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter