Seven

You Are Living In MY World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

"You are mine."

 

Dara blinked. Still daydreaming.

 

"Park, are you listening? Back to earth."

 

She blinked again, at Mr. Jin who was looking at her like she had grown two heads.

 

"Ah, what were you saying again, Mr. Jin?" She tried to focus on what her Theater Club teacher was saying in front of her.

 

It was three days after school break and club practices resumed. To say that she was distracted and acting robotic was an understatement. But she still managed to nail her lines. 

 

'Damn, Jiyong, and your 'You Are Mine' words to me. Ugh.'

 

Mr. Jin shook his head at her. "I said, congratulations. You are getting your role back as Lady Macbeth." He said, nonchalantly, as if this news was nothing surprising and out of the ordinary. "Ms. Bae is out since she won't be bothered in showing up to practices." he scowled talking about it. "I don't want any more headaches when the play is just around the corner and tickets are sold out. The Board agrees with me. Congrats, kid." He tapped her shoulder. "The guard also told me you've been coming here diligently to practice even on school break. That's pure dedication." He seemed proud of her as he turned his back away from her, like he hadn't just dropped the news she had been soo looking forward to hearing.

 

She suppressed the grin showing on her face. Oh my. Finally, finally!

 

Jiyong succeeded. THEY succeeded.

 

Jiyong was so good at distracting Suzy that she lost her focus on this play, as she expected. She's almost proud of herself for concocting this master plan.

 

She was doing little dances in her head when she saw Minzy in the corner, looking happy for her.

 

Oh, one more thing.

 

Dara caught up to Mr. Jin as he turned to face her again when she tapped his shoulder. He gave her a questioning look.

 

"Yes, Miss Park?"

 

She cleared . "I have a suggestion to make." She began. "Since I have Lady Macbeth's role back and the second witch's role is open, I suggest we give it to Minzy."

 

"Minzy who?"

 

She pointed to the surprised-looking Minzy peeking behind the stage curtains. "Gong Minzy. Freshman. You assigned her for stage lights but she's too talented to be staying behind the scenes." She smiled proudly talking about Minzy. "I was not the only one coming here every day to practice last school break. Minzy was with me. Plus, she memorized all the lines of all the roles. Awesome, isn't she?"

 

Mr. Jin looked deep in thought, a bit impressed at what Dara just told him as he studied Minzy for the first time. Minzy was embarrassed to be the center of Mr. Jin's attention and to anyone who heard Dara endorsing the freshman about her hidden talents.

 

"So...?" Dara asked, hopeful.

 

Mr. Jin nodded. "Okay, I'll give Gong Minzy a chance." He then remembered something. "Who will be assigned for stage lights then?"

 

Dara flipped her hair as she turned her back at the same time she answered, "You, of course, Mr. Jin. We need all the help for the sold-out play of yours."

 

Before Mr. Jin could protest, Dara escaped backstage and tackled Minzy for a hug.

 

"You'll do great." She whispered to the freshman.

 

Minzy blushed. "Thank you, Dara-sunbaenim. I'll do my best."

 

Dara grinned and hugged Minzy tighter.

 

Contrary to what most people think about her, including Jiyong sometimes, she can be nice. She's not always the gloomy, nonchalant, and occasionally mean poor girl most people think.

 

It's nice to be nice, sometimes, she realized.

 

 

"Who are you glaring at?"

 

Dara looked up to the voice of Kim Jaejoong who sat down beside her in the school cafeteria during today's lunch break.

 

Jaejoong followed her line of gaze (glare) and smirked upon seeing Jiyong and Suzy eating lunch together a few tables from them.

 

Since it's winter season already and it's getting colder for students to eat lunch in the picnic benches outside, most students eat their lunches in the school cafeteria now. It's never been busier for the canteen staff, to say the least.

 

Jaejoong looked back at Dara as she harshly munched on her apple. He cocked an eyebrow at her.

 

She turned her glare towards him when he didn't say anything to her, only with a smug look on his face.

 

"What?!" She hissed under her breath when she couldn't hold it anymore.

 

Jaejoong chuckled. "You're jealous." He blurted, sounding too pleased for his own good.

 

She frowned at him right away. "I'm not."

 

"Uh-huh."

 

"Wipe that grin off your face, Kim."

 

He laughed this time. "You're too cute when jealous, Park."

 

"Shut up." She puffed her bangs as she threw a french fry on his chest. "What are you even doing here? I rather have you freezing on the rooftop than sitting beside me here. I prefer to be alone."

 

Jaejoong dramatically touched the left part of his chest. "Ouch, Park. You hurt my feelings. And here I thought, our mutual trauma from two weekends ago will only make us closer."

 

She rolled her eyes at him. Speaking of which, she almost forgot Jaejoong was with her during the whole ordeal. "Seriously, why are you sitting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter