The Legend

You Are Living In MY World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jiyong was watching Dara who kept on changing the TV channels, not focused on anything. She already scrolled the streaming channels from Netflix to Hulu to Paramount+, but still seemingly couldn't decide on anything.

 

At this point, Jiyong knew Dara was just passing time. She was still dressed in his pair of white sweatshirts and sweatpants that were too big for her, sitting on the gray couch with her legs up and hugging her knees, her eyes glued on the TV but her mind was somewhere else. She had been like this since after their breakfast and refused other meals after that.

 

Dara has been quiet too, barely speaking to Jiyong, with him catching her spacing out or with a distant look on her face. She would sigh now and then too.

 

If Dara was not falling into depression, Jiyong didn't know how to call this then. She was sad.

 

When she told him bits of what happened yesterday, he understood her instantly, losing the lead role she was so excited about took a great toll on her and it would take a while for her to be back to her old self again. It was a ed up situation. Jiyong couldn't help himself to get angry when he found out how it happened. If only he was there...

 

If only he could do something to cheer her up right now, too.

 

Beep

 

Jiyong felt his phone vibrate from his back pocket as he straightened up from sitting on the dining table. He was mostly just watching Dara being somber. He respected her silence and he admitted, he liked watching her in his place.

 

Jiyong flipped his phone open and saw Taeyang's number. He read the message.

 

Taeyang: I'm here.

 

Jiyong closed his phone as he looked one last time at Dara before speaking,

 

"I'll be gone for a few minutes. Will you be fine?" He asked her which only gained a small nod from her.

 

Sighing, Jiyong took his coat and keys hanging from the foyer as he put on his shoes. He then opened the door and softly closed it behind.

 

He walked to the elevator and pressed the down button. It arrived shortly, and he entered, pushing the B button from his 7th-floor residence. The ride was short, and he exited on the basement level.

 

A familiar white Cadillac CT5-V was parked in the corner and at the sight of Jiyong heading towards the car, Taeyang climbed out of his sports car and greeted Jiyong with a smile as he showed him a couple of shopping bags.

 

"Here. Just like you asked. Female clothes from shirts, pants, dresses, pajamas, uhm underwear. All in regular small sizes." Taeyang shrugged as he handed him the bags.

 

Jiyong didn't say anything as he received them.

 

Taeyang leaned on the hood of his car as he eyed Jiyong knowingly, prodding silently.

 

Jiyong sighed, "Dara's here."

 

Taeyang 'O'-ed in understanding, "Got it. Of course." He smirked. "She was the reason you were distracted last night then." He concluded.

 

Jiyong raked his hair frustratingly as he huffed at the reminder of last night. "How's Daesung?"

 

Taeyang tapped his fingers on the car, humming, "He's fine and out of danger. Demanding to go practice with TOP to a shooting range which TOP immediately shut down." He laughed. "Back to his annoying self and corny jokes."

 

Jiyong was glad to hear that as he nodded. "How about the others?"

 

Taeyang's smile dropped. "Fine too. Though I gave them VIP treatment from my family's hospital, the boys still wanted to get back to District 1. You know how they can be." He shook his head. "Those cowards surprisingly attacking us at the border pissed our men off. They want to go to Seoul and get back to those bastards."

 

Jiyong clenched his jaw as Taeyang nodded.

 

"I know, it's a bad idea." Taeyang sighed heavily. "You know it's only a matter of time before Woojae would do something outrageous again, right?" He asked. "What's your plan?"

 

Jiyong's eyes darkened as his voice was dangerously low. "Take control of District 2 and piss the bastard Woojae even more."

 

Taeyang widened his eyes. District 2 is north of District 1, it's the closest city to Seoul. The smallest District out of the 9 Districts. "District 2 has been with District 1 for a while now. It's probably their biggest allies." He informed him with worry.

 

"Exactly," Jiyong smirked.

 

Taeyang clicked his tongue. "How would you do that?" He paused, "Though our men would like the idea. They've been thirsty for some actions for a while now."

 

Jiyong looked at him. "District 2 is in the North. Winter is coming. With how their electricity there, they need District 7's lumber industry so..." he lingered on his words.

 

Taeyang widened his eyes again at the realization. "You gonna stop the wood supply to their district?"

 

Jiyong didn't answer that as he shrugged his shoulders.

 

That's a yes. Taeyang couldn't help but worry. "How about the homeless people there? They would freeze to death." He pointed out.

 

Jiyong's eyes remained cold. "They're just collateral damage. Before that can happen, District 2 has seven hours to decide where their allegiance should be."

 

Taeyang couldn't agree with him but still nodded. "They might as well run to District 1 for refuge."

 

Jiyong scoffed. "With how that bastard Woojae likes his city pretty and clean. I doubt he'd welcome these outsiders back in his city."

 

Taeyang agreed. "Woojae do fancy pretty things." He shook his head at the numerous outrageous things Woojae had done in his District. If it's an eyesore, he would get rid of it right away. From people to jobs, to buildings, to plants, etc. He wants them 'pretty' if he had to kill to keep the city 'pretty and clean', he would've done so in a snap of his finger. He wouldn't be called the King of Seoul for no reason.

 

Because of Woojae's ruthlessness, the homeless of District 1 scattered away to impoverished neighboring districts like District 2 and District 3.

 

Taeyang was reminded of something. "You know this is what Joo Woojae wanted right?" He asked his friend who didn't answer. He continued, "He wanted to be like the legendary Vincenzo. He wants to control all the districts like in the past. What a psychopath."

 

Jiyong gritted his teeth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter