The Weakness

You Are Living In MY World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Dara knew she hurt Jiyong.

 

She acted irrationally. She was heartless.

 

Ruthless.

 

It was obvious on his face when she left him that she hurt him.

 

He professed his love to her and she crushed his heart.

 

The pained look on his face will haunt her forever.

 

She acted like a .

 

With that stupid reminder.

 

She couldn't blame him if he won't help her get her role back now. And for good reason.

 

She hurt him.

 

Not even that mind-blowing kiss they shared made her soft towards him.

 

What's wrong with her? Most people when being confess of love, they would be happy, jumping for joy, sharing kisses here and there, and maybe sharing the same feelings.

 

But not Dara. She's good at ruining good feelings like this.

 

She was overwhelmed by the happenings today and she did the first thing she knew how when she was put in a situation she didn't want to be in.

 

Shut down.

 

She was never someone to react well when thrown into sudden circumstances. And the revelations she had today were more than what she bargained for.

 

She was inside the cab on her way home and she smiled bitterly at the thought. It was never her home, but a roof over her head. The closest place she can call home was Jiyong's apartment — with him there, and now, she didn't know what to call it anymore. The idea of Jiyong and her together, she didn't know what to call it anymore.

 

His other identity, the one he claimed he didn't hide from her, it's just she didn't like asking, shook something big inside her.

 

She wiped the tears that fell on her cheeks. She was glad for the silence from the driver who just ignored her throughout the ride.

 

Looking outside the night view of the Malcom City outside the car windows tightened her heart as tears continued to fall.

 

What more secrets lurking in this city?

 

No. The question is,

 

Is she brave enough to discover more of them?

 

Because it looked like the secrets were on the surface after all, and she just didn't like facing them before, didn't like asking questions.

 

But feigning it's not happening in front of her won't work anymore.

 

She was unwillingly into Jiyong's world. Her life is now in danger.

 

But if she was honest about herself for once, if she digs deeper enough, she can find out that she was not worried about her own life.

 

She was more worried about Jiyong's.

 

 

 

Most people like school breaks, but not Dara. School break means she was more around the hole she called a roof over her head.

 

It's not helping that Reaper lives here now too and the lovestruck tinted glasses in her aunt's eyes are not helping either.

 

Her aunt is too blinded by her "love" to see that Reaper is just taking advantage of her. Living rent-free, is free.

 

Inserting himself in their small place but one thing is for sure. Reaper is creepy and makes her uncomfortable.

 

Dara spent her Sunday cooped up in her room. She didn't want to go out and face her Aunt Hyorin and Reaper in the house, being forced to interact with them, fully aware of the uncomfortable way Reaper was looking at her. Like he's undressing her with his eyes when Aunt Hyorin was literally beside him.

 

Dara didn't want to admit it but she was glad when her aunt was around. Her aunt is still catty and y but she rather deal with both of them than be alone only with Reaper.

 

So, she spent most of her day in her room. Catching up with her school break homeworks, reading her lines both as Lady Macbeth and one of the Witches just waiting for Mr. Jin to finally tell her that she got her lead role back, hopefully after the school break. But for now she'll memorize both lines. She's already anxious thinking about the play which is just fast approaching.

 

Another thing she was doing today is looking at her phone. No messages from Jiyong.

 

No missed calls, no texts.

 

And that's new about him. Jiyong ALWAYS checks her. Always reminds her to eat, sends random messages, memes, and links to the songs he's tinkering with, and among other things.

 

He always makes sure he's thinking about her.

 

Her chest tightened again at the silence of her phone. She couldn't blame him. She took him for granted. She hurt him.

 

And he was right.

 

He was her ONLY friend. The only person

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter