The Confrontation

You Are Living In MY World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

 

"Why didn't you tell me your boyfriend is a gangster?"

 

That was Jaejoong in Dara's ears.

 

"Why didn't you tell me you're involved with a gang?"

 

She closed her eyes as she turned off the radio, wincing from the impending headache happening to her now.

 

"Park!"

 

That's it.

 

"Shut up." She gritted as she glared at the wide-eyed Jaejoong who was probably as shocked as she was in the whole ordeal with the car chase and now with...this—Jiyong approaching them. "He's not my..." she couldn't say the word. "He's not a..."

 

"Gangster?" Jaejoong finished for her, sarcastically. "I don't know if the concussion from your erratic driving is finally showing up OR you're just in great denial. Because, honey," he jabbed in Jiyong's direction who was tapping the window on her side now and then to the men ahead of them wearing leather jackets and other dark clothing with guns or whatever weapons in their hands. "He's obviously from a gang."

 

She knew Jaejoong was right. She released the breath she didn't know she was holding as she rolled down her window. She was surprised it was still working, considering how badly beaten the Audi had taken from her erratic driving, as Jaejoong said.

 

"Are you hurt?" Jiyong asked right after the window rolled down completely as he quickly scanned Dara's body. Noting her formal look and the nice gown she's wearing. He would've drink the gorgeous sight of her rarely dressed-up but held the compliment in his tongue because of the petrified look on her face. He briefly glanced at the frowning Jaejoong before he focused on Dara's face again.

 

Aside from the bruises and minor cuts on her face and the visible part of her arms due to the whiplash, she looked like she could skip the trip to the emergency room today.

 

She groaned thinking about the body ache that's going to catch her later after her adrenaline subsided. Otherwise, she wanted to believe she's fine.

 

But that was a lie. She was far from fine.

 

"W-what's going on, Jiyong? Why was Teddy and the other men were chasing us?" She mustered the courage to ask, hurt evident in her voice. Not physically but emotionally. Hurt about the realization finally sinking in.

 

Jiyong is a gangster.

 

And is looking defeated and guilty right now as they speak.

 

"I'm sorry," Jiyong whispered to Dara as he opened the door to her side and helped her out.

 

She wasn't surprised to find her legs turned jell-o. But then, her whole body was shaking. Luckily, Jiyong was there to quickly hold her still and prevent her from falling to the cold hard ground of this treacherous woods.

 

Jaejoong on the other hand was cursing profusely once he was out and saw how much beating and damage his not-so brand new car took.

 

Jaejoong groaned out loud as he glared at Jiyong. "You and your girlfriend better do something about my car, or else-"

 

Multiple clicks of the guns were heard in the background as one man stepped forward too.

 

"Or else what, pretty boy?" The guy didn't hide the contempt in his voice.

 

Dara saw the guy's face clearly with the help of the car headlights around them and immediately recognized him, as well as a few of the guys there. She groaned again. Of course. How could she be so oblivious?

 

"TOP, calm down." Taeyang stopped TOP before his impulsiveness got them in trouble again.

 

Jaejoong was taken aback at first by the threat before looking around, eyeing the twenty or more men lurking in the dark, all with contemptuous looks on their faces, then to Kwon Jiyong, who stood calmly and proudly among them.

 

Jaejoong gulped at the sight, chose wisely not to anger the dangerous group further, but still frowned as he looked back at the quiet Dara leaning on Jiyong.

 

"Not only your boyfriend is a gangster but also the gang leader, huh? Great." Jaejoong stated sarcastically. "Did you know all about this, Park?"

 

She didn't answer but the deer in the headlights look on her face probably answered his question as Jaejoong groaned again.

 

"." He cursed.

 

Taeyang sighed at the tension happening as he looked at Jiyong. "Big Teddy and his men are gone. What do you want to do now, GD?"

 

Jiyong didn't answer him but looked at the approaching Daesung who just got back from taking a phone call.

 

"Dear leader." Daesung greeted him then nodded as if the two had a silent conversation going on, then smiled widely at seeing Dara beside the leader. "Hi, Dara. Looking like a queen, huh?" Talking about her gala look. He even winked at her but then she's just too stunned to react to anything right now. Then Daesung looked at Jaejoong next and then widened his eyes at him. "No way! It's the K-pop idol Kim Jaejoong!" He couldn't hide the giddiness in his voice, earning groans from Taeyang and the others.

 

Seungri cleared his throat to get Daesung's attention back to the important matters. "Hyung, you gotta stop fangirl-ing. It's not a good time."

 

When Daesung lunged at Seungri with one arm giving him a lecture about 'living a little' and the two playfully bickering after and Jaejoong muttering 'morons' in the corner, Taeyang and TOP finally approached Jiyong.

 

"What do you want us to do next?" it was TOP who asked this question to Jiyong this time.

 

Jiyong's hand on Dara's waist tightened, she wouldn't be surprised if there's gonna be another bruise showing up later there.

 

"Meeting at my place," Jiyong answered finally, his voice low and firm, even commanding.

 

He then glanced at the Audi and then nodded to someone at the back next. "Yoshi, take this car to the autoshop and have the men there fix it." As if considering something, he coldly looks at Jaejoong. "Unless you want a new one."

 

It wasn't even a question but Jaejoong was taken aback by the cold gaze and command in his tone, talking as if he buys hundred thousand bucks of luxury cars as a hobby.

 

"O-of course, a new one!" Jaejoong managed to answer while trying to hide his nervousness. "Same model, same color."

 

Jiyong nodded. "Consider it done." He then started to walk towards his car, bringing Dara with him.

 

"You know what, I take it back. I want it in color black!" Jaejoong said.

 

Most men there groaned in annoyance. Including Dara, if she finally finds her voice again.

 

TOP was the most annoyed. "Do you want to do something about pretty boy here? I'm sure no one will notice a shallow grave around this area."

 

"You, piece of sh—!" that was Jaejoong.

 

He should really shut his mouth, Dara thought.

 

"No," Jiyong answered firmly as he gently led Dara to the passenger side of his black Bugatti Divo sports car. "He's coming with us to the meeting."

 

Before Taeyang could usher Jaejoong into his car, Jaejoong leaped into the back door on the passenger side of Jiyong's car.

 

"There's no way I'm going with the rest of you! I'm staying with Park," Jaejoong exclaimed as he sat in the back and locked the door for added security if the guys tried to forcefully get him out. They are still strangers to him, after all—dangerous strangers.

 

Jiyong didn't object as Taeyang shrugged his shoulders.

 

Jiyong then nodded to his men who had aided him tonight. "You're done for tonight. Great job," he simply said, their cue to leave as they started to climb into their cars and drove away. He then faced the four guys remaining there. "BIGBANG at my place," he told them as he got inside his car.

 

"You heard the boss. Let's get this meetin' rollin'!" Daesung said, too enthusiastic for his own good.

 

Taeyang sighed as the rest of them got in their own cars and followed Jiyong behind. Who knows if Woojae and his men are still lurking behind and are planning an ambush on Jiyong.

 

 


 

Dara's shock wore off as she sat in the passenger seat of a car driven by Jiyong. However, being inside the car again shook her nerves, and she anxiously looked behind, as if Teddy and his men were still chasing and shooting guns at them.

 

"It's okay, Dara. You can relax now," Jiyong assured softly as he reached for her hand with his free hand, not on the wheel. "You're safe with me."

 

Jaejoong snorted behind them. Jiyong immediately glared at him from the rearview mirror.

 

"Well, Kwon, you can't blame me for betting my right arm that you were the reason those lunatics started chasing and shooting us out of nowhere in the first place," Jaejoong exclaimed, frustrated.

 

Jiyong clenched his jaw and didn't deny anything. It was the truth. But he still wanted to know. He glanced at the quiet Dara. "Why didn't you tell me you were in Seoul today?" he asked, visibly upset as well.

 

Dara pursed her lips. She was past survival and denial mode now, and the next emotion kicking in was anger. Anger at what she had gotten herself into, anger about what happened earlier, and anger in the realization that Jiyong is... this person.

 

"Why you didn't tell me you are a gangster?" She asked back, spice in her voice.

 

Jiyong was quiet as his grip on the steering wheel tightened. He noticed her anger right away. "I never hide it from you. You just don't ask."

 

Dara scoffed at the stupidity of his reason.

 

Jiyong tried to calm her down by reaching for Dara's hand again, which was pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter