The Watcher

You Are Living In MY World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There are daggers in men’s smiles.”

 

 

"Dara!"

 

Dara looked up from washing the dishes as her eyes couldn't help but land first on Bom's big s before her beaming face. Dara smiled awkwardly at her co-worker.

 

"Yes, Bom?" She asked the woman in her -ONE's uniform, which seemed a size too small, clinging to her body like a second skin.

 

Bom placed one hand on her waist as she shook her head at Dara. "CL is drowning out there making drinks. My feet are killing me from the many orders. It's a busy night. We need help." She nodded in Dara's direction. "We need you out there bussing tables."

 

Dara gulped, ready to object, but Bom lifted her red-painted, manicured finger.

 

"No, no, no buts," Bom said quickly. "Ms. Sohee's order." She flipped her hair and eyed Dara up and down. "Besides, you're too pretty to be hiding in the kitchen. I can use your help out there." She even untied Dara's apron around her waist for emphasis. "C'mon, Dara! But first, you need a makeover!"

 

Before Dara could further object, Bom already dragged her to the girl's locker room for...another makeover.

 

 

It was indeed busy. The bar was at full capacity. Different groups of people could be seen hanging out together, either sitting down, standing up, or dancing on the floor, happily chatting with each other.

 

Dara had already served food and drinks to several tables and could feel the ache in her feet. Geez, she'd never get used to wearing heels. She frowned inside.

 

At least, she somehow managed to convince Bom to let her wear long pants instead of a mini skirt this time -- much to Bom's disappointment. Well Bom couldn't do anything as Dara ran away from her before Bom can strip her out of her clothes. Gosh, that woman had claws.

 

Dara wiped the sweat forming on her temple when she felt someone staring at her. Looking up, she met Jiyong's eyes. He was on the stage with his band, currently taking a short break between gigs. Even as Jiyong's hands tuned his guitar, his eyes remained fixed on her.

 

Dara frowned at him. She remembered what happened at that sketchy alley earlier. Still a bit shaken by the incident, she wasn't in the mood to converse with Jiyong anytime soon. The walk to reach -ONE's earlier was quiet, and even after parting ways at separate entrances, she didn't speak to him. Dara had mixed feelings—ranging from frustration and fear to anger. She decided that ignoring Jiyong was the best choice for now until she could handle her emotions.

 

Dara sighed inside as she looked away. Today was too much.

 

"Dara, here!" CL shouted from behind the bar. Quickly making her way to her, thankful for the call so she can ignore Jiyong once again.

 

CL was smiling as she pushed another tray of drinks toward her. "Glad you're here, Dara," she said, winking. Clearly in a good mood, CL was probably elated by the full tipping jar, and it wasn't even midnight yet. "Full house tonight, ayt? Table 4, please!" she added before going back to expertly mixing more drinks.

 

Dara could probably watch CL do that all night. The girl had true talent in making drinks. She could put on a whole show just by doing that, and it was amazing.

 

Dara smiled as she walked towards Table 4, serving their drinks. It was a group of men and women, probably couples, so no one really hit on her, much to her relief.

 

The night was going smoothly; Dara had no problems so far with the customers. She took their orders, giving friendly smiles every now and then as she served them.

 

"Yes, that's one of our best-sellers! Good choice!" Dara said, smiling at the last person on the table 4 in the corner she was still serving. "I'll be right back!" She stated cheerfully as she her heels, almost bumping into someone.

 

Jiyong was on her way. Dara's smile immediately dropped.

 

Jiyong reached his hand behind Dara, returning the piece of paper to the group at the table.

 

"We don't play jazz here," Jiyong stated, keeping his eyes on Dara.

 

"That , man. I thought you guys could play any request!" one of the guys expressed with disappointment but took back the paper. "Thanks for coming all the way here, man!" he added before returning to his friends.

 

Jiyong nodded to the guy as he gave Dara one last look, then without a word turned his back.

 

Dara huffed as she rolled her eyes and looked up at the ceiling before striding towards Jiyong. She stopped in front of him just as he was about to return to the stage.

 

Jiyong raised a brow at her. "What?" He asked.

 

Dara thinned her lips as she put a hand on her waist. "I need a ride later. I'll be working til closing time." she didn't even try to hide the demanding tone.

 

Jiyong smirked. "Done ignoring me?" He asked her instead.

 

Dara frowned as she her heels. "Let's talk about this later," she said as she headed towards the bar.

 

Jiyong followed Dara with his eyes, shaking his head before climbing back onto the stage.

 

"Do you really have to go all the way there to decline their request?" Daesung asked Jiyong when he got back. "We can always ignore those like we usually do."

 

Jiyong didn't answer Daesung as he shrugged his shoulders. He then strapped his guitar on him and started to play with it. "Ready?" he asked his band.

 

Jiyong didn't have to ask, as his bandmates already followed the tune he was leading.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Dara, but can you serve this as well to Table 5 on your way to Table 4?" Bom said apologetically as she struggled with two trays herself.

 

Dara nodded as she took the tray with the #5 standee on it. It's a small set of appetizers and a strawberry lemonade, an order for one person, Dara thought, as she started towards the front stage where the tables were at.

 

Dara served Table 4 first, considering their numerous orders. As she passed Table 5, she noticed a few guys surrounding a woman, although Dara couldn't see her face clearly.

 

The group at Table 4 smiled at her and then nodded for her to leave once she was done placing their drinks and food on the table. They gave her a big tip too.

 

Dara smiled as she walked towards Table 5. A few guys left the table on her way there, appearing disheartened and teased by their friends. It seemed they were not originally from Table 5 but had tried to hit on someone there, a scenario not new to Dara.

 

"I'm sorry for the wait," Dara said as she placed the appetizer first and was about to put the lemonade down next.

 

"Hi, Dara."

 

Dara immediately dropped the lemonade, the liquid spilling all over the table.

 

"Oh,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter