The Plan

You Are Living In MY World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara couldn't sleep that night, tossing and turning in her bed. It was past midnight, and she should have been asleep by now. At 5 am, she needed to wake up early for her part-time job at the Kwon Mansion.

 

But she couldn’t sleep. How could she?

 

Her mind is flooded with thoughts. Of Suzy, of her plan...of Jiyong.

 

Jiyong…

 

Just the mere thought of him again made her heart beat faster.

 

“Do you like me?”

 

“Yes."

 

“Do you like me too?”

 

“Yes.”

 

That was an on-the-spot confession, and Dara admitted it had shaken her to the core.

 

Now what?

 

Now that she knew Jiyong’s feelings for her. And it’s far from being platonic, this should make her plan easier, right?

 

‘Or perhaps, complicate.’ her subconscious mind interjected.

 

She heaved a deep sigh. This should not become a problem.

 

She glanced at the wall clock, it was 1 am now. Great, she only had a few hours to sleep, if she could manage to before waking up again soon.

 

She sighed as she tossed on her bed again, attempting to sleep. Her gaze drifted to the doorknob of her dark room, fixating on it as if it might help her hypnotize herself into slumber.

 

It hadn't been more than a minute or two when she noticed the doorknob shifting. Restless and now fully awake, she held her breath as the person behind the door attempted to open it. Thank God, she had locked it before going to bed.

 

There were multiple attempts to open her room before she heard a curse.

 

Dara's heart pounded against her chest, filled with anxiety and fear.

 

Reaper.

 

It was Reaper behind the door.

 

Dara shut her eyes, pulling the covers over her head, attempting to block out the harsh reality that this man was now living with her and her aunt. A man who shamelessly displayed his lustful glances when he believed she wasn't looking.

 

She gripped the knife under her pillow without even realizing it. The mere touch of it provided a faint sense of security as she struggled to drift into sleep, though unsettling emotions lingered, accompanying her into slumber.

 

 

 

That morning, Dara carefully moved around the house, tiptoeing on the way to the door so she could leave the house without her aunt or, worse, Reaper waking up.

 

She held her breath as she turned the doorknob, exhaling in relief once she stepped outside. Inhaling the brisk November morning air, she felt the chill despite the darkness, the sun wouldn't rise for some time.

 

She tightened the scarf around her neck as she started to climb down the stairs.

 

“Good morning.”

 

Dara almost tripped and missed that last step as she looked up surprised to the smiling face of Jiyong who quickly held her elbow to balance her before she fell on the pavement.

 

Dara steadied herself as she put a hand on her chest. “Gosh, Jiyong, you scared me,” she said, huffing.

 

Jiyong grinned. “Sorry.” he didn’t sound really as he grabbed her bag pack for her, and then pulled her for a hug, even kissing her on the hair.

 

She pulled away from his hug as she looked up at him. “What are you doing here so early?”

 

He looked at her fondly. “Picking you up. I know you’ll be working today for the witch.” his brows furrowed studying her face. “You don’t look like you got a good sleep last night,” he noted as he touched the bags under her eyes.

 

Indeed. She couldn’t sleep. Maybe only an hour but then her senses were too alert from Reaper creeping out she couldn’t go back to sleep without worrying.

 

She shook her head at Jiyong as she held onto his left arm. She always felt safe around him. “I couldn’t sleep.” She shrugged. “That’s nice of you to pick me up so early, though.” she beamed at him. “I might get used to it. You can’t get rid of me now.”

 

Jiyong chuckled as he put his arm on her shoulder and guided her to his Honda Civic and opened the door to the passenger door. “Get in,” he told her, gently.

 

Dara smiled as she got inside and buckled herself up before Jiyong got in behind the wheel. After wearing his seat belt, he started the car shortly.

 

“So, why you couldn’t sleep?” Jiyong asked after a while. His eyes focused on the road but glanced at her once in a while.

 

Dara paused at that question before she shifted on her seat and the heater max. “Thinking about yesterday.” That was the half-truth. She couldn’t tell Jiyong about Reaper. She didn’t know why she couldn’t tell him. It felt wise not to tell him at the moment. All she knew Jiyong wouldn’t be happy hearing about it.

 

Jiyong nodded as he turned left in an intersection leading to a hill towards the big Kwon Mansion. “I can’t blame you. It was sudden. Though,” he grinned as he winked at her. “I slept well thinking about our kiss. I even dreamed about it.”

 

Dara blushed as she hit him on the arm. “Shut up.”

 

Jiyong laughed seeing her flustered as he stopped teasing her. He turned a corner and there would be few big houses left before they passed the long and vast land surrounding the Kwon Mansion. The trees professionally landscaped to be nice and pretty started to wither away from the cold temperature.

 

Dara spotted the bus stop ahead as she pointed it to Jiyong. “You can drop me off there.” This is the bus stop she used to get off from her morning transportation when she was working for the madame.

 

Jiyong creased his forehead as he glanced at her. He slowed down the car. “Are you sure? I can drop you off at the mansion.”

 

Dara gave him a knowing look. “I don’t want Madame Kwon or Mr. Yang spotting you there. That would become an interrogation.”

 

Jiyong frowned. “I don’t care,” he said though stopped the car in front of the bus stop.

 

Dara held onto his tensed hand on the gear. “Please?”

 

Jiyong looked at her pleading eyes as he sighed in defeat. “Fine,” he said as he unbuckled his seat belt next. He then got out of the car, circled, and then opened the door to her side.

 

Dara smiled as she got out of the car. She then beamed at him. “I’ll see you at school then?”

 

Jiyong watched her face as he lifted his right hand to cup her face, staring at her brown eyes. "Let’s go to school together. I’ll wait for you here," he whispered, brushing her lips with his finger.

 

Dara raised her eyebrow at him. "What are you gonna do here for three hours?" she wondered, leaning into his palm. She enjoyed the warmth of his hand on her cheek.

 

Jiyong smirked. “Sleep.”

 

Dara laughed as she nodded. “Alright. I’ll go ahead then.”

 

Jiyong smiled as he leaned down and easily kissed her on the lips. Dara closed her eyes at the fluttering sensation.

 

“I’ve been wanting to do this since last night,” he whispered after pulling from the kiss.

 

Dara opened her eyes as he sighed staring at her lips again. She her lips unconsciously much to his groaning.

 

He frowned as he playfully pushed her away. “Go now. Or I won’t be able to let you go.”

 

Dara laughed as she shook her head at him but started to walk away. “Bye. I’ll see you in three hours.” she waved at him.

 

Jiyong really likes her. How could she miss it for so long?

 

 

 

“Does my son like someone?”

 

Dara almost spilled Madame’s English tea that morning due to that sudden question. She steadied herself and placed the teacup in front of Madame, managing it without any issues this time.

 

Dara bowed to the madame as she served the breakfast next to the tea. It’s a plate of avocado toast and fresh fruits this morning.

 

“So?” Madame pushed.

 

Dara gulped as she tried her best to be nonchalant. “Did something happen, madame?” she asked back instead.

 

Madame brought the tea to her lips before answering. “Nothing in particular.”

 

Dara bowed as she refilled the madame’s teacup once it was empty. “Do you want me to ask the young master if he likes someone?”

 

“Hn.” the madame grunted gracefully as she watched the two lovebirds caged in the corner. “Not needed.” the madame then looked at her. “Though I want you to mention the Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter