Chapter 28

A Wilted Rose

Sunny's P. O. V

I held Tiffany's hand and walked down the streets of Seattle. I could feel quite a few eyes staring at us. Mostly men, because Tiffany's quite a looker. I let my breath fog the air, and said out loud,"Where do you think Summit Avenue is? Should we ask someone, or do you want me to call Kyuhyun to look it up?"

Shrugging, Tiffany replied," It would probably be quicker to ask Kyuhyun, but how busy do you think they are back there? Do we really want to disturb them?"

She had a point. Sometimes I forget how much more experienced thse guys are than me, and I reminded myself I need to pay attention and learn from these guys. I had, what, 6 classes or something before I was whisked up in this weird spy stuff. I didn't know anything, really.

Tiffany ed the top two buttons of her wine-coloured shirt, and shimmied her leather skirt up a bit so you could clearly see her perferct thighs. "The things I do for these missions," she muttered to herself. I couldn't help but giggle as I watched her sweet talk a poor guy, helpless to her charms.

"Right, okay, thanks!" She bid goodbye to the young man who looked like he wanted to ask for her number, but was too scared of being rejected. "Turn right, and continue down the street for a couple block. Oh, and Sunny? It's a homeless shelter, so.. Don't be suprised," Tiffan told me.

Eventually we got there, with a few blisters from those ridiculously tall heels Jessica liked to dress me in. Accenting my short stature, my foot. Literally, my foot.

It was different than I expected. I had never been to a homeless shelter before. I had imagined a parking lot with drunk, stoned people, reeling and passing out all over the place. It was actually a proper building, and once we entered inside it, there were many people, some volunteering, some getting their food, and all lookng very respectable. Sure, I could hear a few cusre words here and there, but you hear that a lot just outside, in the park or in an office building.

A kind looking woman apporached us. "I don't want to be rude, but, you ladies don't look like you need our help here. Do you wish to meet someone or do you just need to speak with a helper?"

Exchanging looks, Tiffany and I stumbled a few words out. "Yes, I mean... Well, we need a... Do you possibly have a child here? Or a young girl?' I asked quickly.

Frowning, she replied that she did, but a strange man had taken a 6 year old just a few seconds ago, saying she was his daughter... Crap. Crap. CRAP!

We thanked her and rushed out, forgetting our pain from walking in high heels. Screw that, I just took them off and sprinted. We saw the man who looked like the description from Jiyeon, and with a flying leap, managed to tackle him in an alley. I heard two voices crying that it hurt, and immediately we knew this was the guy. Call it a woman's intuition, but I really felt it.

He slowly stood up, still carrying the girl. "One more step and I'll do to her what I did to that idiot hotel worker," he said, spitting out blood from my tackle. We both froze, he can't kill her. She's an innocent, and out job is to protect the innocents that really have nothing to do with us and our goal.

I saw a flash of movement n the corner of my left eye, but instinct said not to turn and draw attention to it, or else the man might notice.

"We need this girl. Her mom told her everything, and she could be used in court. Just let me have her, and I promise she would die quickly, not as a slow, painful drawn out-" he stopped there, because a high heel hit him square in the head, and after spitting out a tooth (ew) he crumpled, unconscious, to the ground.

"Saw you guys leaving without me. That's not fair, is it now?" Yoona said. She had always been awesome. Now she was just more awesome for using  a stilleto to take down a bad guy. She picked up the crying 6 year old, and gently comforted her.

"It's okay, everything is fine now," she soothed the tired girl into blissful oblivion.

But was everything fine? Was it really?