Chapter 27

A Wilted Rose

Sunny's P. O. V

The whole team were in the living room, including Kyuhyun, who looked fine excpet for a few scars on his arms where we had to inject needles. The hotel staff member hadn't spoken yet, she just looked down at her hands and just fiddled with them. Finally, Yuri spoke.

"So, tell us. What happened?" she asked, genuinely curious. It's quite common in the world of the baddies where the big bad boss won't really do anything themselves, and just order their minions to do everything. That's why if the minions get caught, it's rare that the boss will get caught as well. Sure, why arrrest the brains behind the plan, just the little guys who carry the plan out? The expendables. It disgusts me to no end. This isn't a giant game of chess. If Jiyeon was the pawn and Han Dong Woo was the king, I wonder what we are? What I am.

"Well," she bagan in a timid voice," This guy came to the hotel a while ago. On thing I noticed was that he was extrememly good looking. Like, wow. He was tall, had a great voice, and he was nice. So, he asks me one day, his last day at the hotel, if i could do a favor for him. He had stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks, all of us adored him. I said, yes, of course I'd do anything for him. He says, if a bunch of people come, stay in one big room, a suite, them spray a liquid around the room. Then he gave me this huge crate of liquid, and it looked normal, like water or something. It smelled good too. So, you guys came, and I did it. Yesterday, he came back, he asked me if you had come yet and I said you did, and I was doing what he told me too. He smiled once. I remember because it was... Frightening. It wasn't human. He gave me money, lots of it, and said if I stopped, then my child would get hurt, I don't know how he even found out I had a kid, oh, what will happen to my sweetheart?" The girl sobbed a cry at the last sentence, then fell still again.

The team took this in. Not human? Whatever that was, it sounded creepy. Jiyeon choked out a cry, and kind of shuddered. I turned, and saw it. There was a small arrow in her neck. She slumped over, dead. The team circled around her, and Yoona desperately tried to revive her, but knowing it was futile, Taeyeon commanded her to stop. Seohyun put on her plastic gloves, and neatly took the arrow out of her neck. There were letters circling the arrow, and she read aloud," SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE WHO CROSS US? YOU WILL BE NEXT."

Wow, creepy. It was definitely a warning to get off the case, or else. No. I would not, could not, do that. Already one innocent had been killed. It would not happen again. First things first. As Yoona picked up the dead body and prepared to dispose of it, I grabbed Tiffany's arm and said,"Let's go find her kid." She nodded, and we went to go save the only thing thing, or person, the assasin would be searching for, and the one person we desperately needed to keep safe.