10.

A night to remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

——//——

 

“Are you feeling better?” Jungsoo asked while looking at Amara. 

 

Her eyes were red just like her nose. She'd been crying for a while and only sobs could be heard from her. There's a handkerchief in her hand and Amara still trying to smile to hide her pain. 

 

“Of course! I'm feeling better now, Uncle Jungsoo.” Amara managed to respond as she looked at Jungsoo then showed her puffy cheeks.

 

Jungsoo approached Amara and gently squeezed her cheeks. Jungsoo feels guilty and knows that Amara is the most affected one. Even if he wanted to confess now he couldn't because he was afraid of the possibilities that could happen.

 

“Do you want ice cream?” Jungsoo asked him as Amara immediately stood up and suddenly jumped for joy.

 

Amara didn't wait for Jungsoo to answer and pulled his hand while taking him near an ice cream stall. As they walked, Jungsoo saw Amara's happiness and every time they walked, she kept looking back at him while giggling.

 

“2 ice cream please.” Jungsoo said to the ice cream vendor and was about to get his wallet to pay when he noticed Amara still holding his hand.

 

Jungsoo looked at their holding hands while Amara looked up at him. Their eyes met and they both smiled.

 

“I will pay first, okay?” 

 

Amara let go of Jungsoo's hand to pay for what they bought and moved to Jungsoo's other side and held him there causing him to laugh.

 

“Why? I wanna hold your hand.” Amara said and just shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Okay okay.” Jungsoo laughed and took the ice cream he bought. He handed one to Amara and the other was in his free hand.

 

They started walking and they were still holding hands while each had an ice cream in their hands.

 

Peaceful...

 

Everything was perfect and Jungsoo's only wish was that Heechul would accept him.

 

He wants to make everything right and complete their family. Jungsoo wants to be with his family.

 

 

“You smile a lot lately. What's happening?” Kyuhyun asked and sat down beside Jungsoo.

 

“I was with Amara earlier and I had so much fun. Kyu, we looked like a family.” Jungsoo said, the smile never fade away from his lips.

 

“Because you really are.” Kyuhyun simply responded as he leaned on the sofa.

 

True, Jungsoo looked so happy and he could see it in his eyes. It was as if his eyes were shining while thinking about Amara and what happened to them earlier.

 

“Kyu, I really want to confess but I can't help but be afraid. Do you know that Amara is suffering to the point that she, herself is looking for her future father.” Jungsoo said and his smile slowly disappeared from his lips.

 

It was like he was in a rollercoaster ride and he didn't understand how he was supposed to feel. 

 

“Just confess and face the consequences. Be a man that you are, Jungsoo.” Kyuhyun straightforwardly said and smiled at Jungsoo.

 

It feels like he needs to take an action before it's too late—before Jungsoo loses his suppose to be a family. 'A family' it sounds so endearing and feels so right but at the same time he's also scared.

 

Amara needs her father and that's him; it's him and Heechul.

 

 

“How have you been? Did you enjoy your classes?” Heechul asked, they were having a peaceful dinner and Siwon informed them that he wasn't able to join because he was kind of busy with his work.

 

“My day was totally fun! I had a great time with Uncle Jungsoo and he bought me ice cream again. We talked a lot an—” Amara wasn't able to finish her words when Heechul dropped off his fork and looked straight into her eyes.

 

“Uncle Jungsoo?”

 

“Yes!! He went there and spent time with me. We had so much fun and i really loved it.” Amara excitedly said as she continued eating her food. He didn't say anything and just looked at Amara while she was enjoying eating her food.

 

He noticed how happy Amara was and when he picked her up, her smile never fade away until they arrived at home. She kept humming all the time which was rare to happen. Of course, Heechul was also glad but the fact that Jungsoo was there; he started over thinking.

 

They rarely knew each other and just met a few couples of time. He didn't know what Jungsoo's intentions were because he just suddenly appeared into their lives, unexpectedly.

 

Heechul was busy washing the plates they used and also busy cleaning their living room and kitchen. Amara went upstairs to do her homeworks while Heechul was busy doing the house chores. It was always like this and he couldn't deny that sometimes he felt so tired every single day.

 

Having Amara in his life was totally a blessing but sometimes he wished that the father of his child was also there to support and help him too because it wasn't easy to be a single parent. 

 

“Hmmm.” Heechul moaned when he stretched his arms and legs.

 

As he was about to continue what he was doing, someone suddenly pressed the doorbell causing Heechul to wipe his hands and went straight to the door.

 

“Waaaait.” He said and when he reached the doorknob, he opened it but there was no one there. The wind was cold and it felt like he was getting a goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter