Crush

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note the dish that they are making isn’t as authentic as I want it to be some of the recipes used are my own recipe. So, lower your expectations a little bit.

 

Sakura’s POV

 

It Friday and this is supposed to be my day off but instead here I am at my place setting up the things that I need to teach Eunbi. Luckily, I have some extra stove that for my wok I also sharpened my knives and cleaned my apartment, because it is a bit messy and I don’t want to give any impression to Eunbi that I am a messy person. but before I even finished preparing I c already heard my doorbell rang.

 

“Hey I think I came early.” Eunbi said as soon as I opened the door.

 

“Maybe a little but it is okay I am almost done preparing stuffs that we need. You can sit first in the couch.” I scanned Eunbi as she sits down on my couch, she’s wearing long sleeved shirt and pants good choice.

 

“What are we going to cook for today?”

 

“Let’s start with some easy one egg fried rice and stir-fried beef.”

 

“Oh, that is my favorite from your restaurant that’s a great choice.” Eunbi then stands up from the couch and roam around my kitchen. I just let her do what she wants because I am still preparing the ingredients. “Sakura why do you have so many butchers knife?” she asked as she saw my set of knives.

 

“That’s two different kind of cleaver the thicker cleaver is used for cutting bones and the thinner cleaver is used as a utility knife.”

 

“But you still have some Chef’s knife her why don’t you use that?”

 

“I use that for more delicate works, I am just comfortable using a cleaver. You can use whatever knife you want I am not forcing you.”

 

“Thanks, I rarely use cleavers so I will just stick into the chef’s knife.” Ugh that's illegal why is she pouting right now?

 

"So let's start?"

 

"Yes let's start." We both wear our normal apron not her ruffled pink one.

 

"So show me your knife skills first mince your shallots and garlic." She get the shallots and garlic and she started to mince it. As expected her basic knife skills are excellent. "Next cut your carrots into rounds." She started to cut but I noticed that her rounds are a little thick. "Thinner." She jolts a little.

 

"Like this?" She showed me a piece and I nod to her. She proceed but the thickness of the cuts are inconsistent.

 

"Be consistent Noona." She nods and slowed down her phase and it became more consistent. "That's great slowdown first your phasing will be much better if you mastered the thickness we are not in rush so take your time." She hummed and still focused on the task I give her.

 

Few minutes and she's done. "Is it good?"

 

"Yes as far as I can see you are very good but the consistency and the phase of your cutting isn't in sync yet don't worry we can work on that."

 

"Thank you I'll do my best Next time. Zo what's next?"

 

"Let’s cut some beef because I can't find a whole flower of a broccoli so you don't need to prep it, it's already cut into pieces. "

 

"What cut do you want?"

 

"Thin strips." She proceed to find the grains of the meat and cut against it. Good she knows that if you cut against the grains it will be tender. Wait of course she knows it she's a freaking chef Kkura get your together.

 

"Next marinate your meat."

 

"What should I put?"

 

"black pepper, soy sauce, egg and cornstarch."

 

"Measurements?" I forgot the proper measurements of this recipe I'm so used on doing this that I don't remember the proper measurements ugh.

 

"Few cracks of pepper, one and half table spoon of, one table spoon cornstarch and 1 egg." She nods and did what I said I think that measurements are accurate. "Let's marinade that for 30 mins since the meat are thinly sliced. Let's have a break first."

 

"Why?" I can see the disappointment in her face when I said we should take a break.

 

"We already did the prep work and we will marinade the beef. You can ask me some questions while we are on break." It brighten up her face again. We sat down side by side and she started to ask.

 

"Question 1 why did we put some cornstarch with the marinate?"

 

"The same idea with breading and battering your meat to keep the meat moist when we cook it."

 

"Next question why do we need to use a day old rice when we cook fried rice?"

 

"If

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter