Runaway

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

 

 

Sakura has finally has been discharged of the hospital and the first thing she does is to go to the restaurant and start working. His two friends have insisted that he should take a rest for a few more days but he always says that one week in the hospital is enough rest for him. they can’t argue with that because his presence in the restaurant makes things more stable and reassuring. The chaotic days has become more stable when he came back. But this past few day of problem is just the appetizer for him the main course will be serve in the near future.

 

"Hey Kkura do you have some time?" Ting asked as soon as she entered Sakura's office.

 

"Yes what is it?" His friend then sat down with a very reluctant expression. "Any problem?"

 

"Well yeah there is already a notice that we already need to renew our permit and they will be visiting the restaurant tomorrow for inspection." Sakura felt relieved on what his friend said to him he thought that there is another big problem that is facing them.

 

"It's just a standard protocol what's with the nervous expression with your face?" He then proceed to work again with his laptop.

 

"I just want to inform you." She then laughed nervously. "Another thing"

 

"What is it?"

 

"We had a huge backlash in social media and we really need to deal with bad comments about us."

 

"We will deal with that later on. Besides our regular customers will still come to the restaurant when we reopened, it's not like we have an issue with food poisoning." He re assured his friend. "Go back to work I'm still busy with this. Oh call some of our staff to prepare for the inspection tomorrow, and please call Mr. Lee I want to talk to him on what happened."

 

"Okay if you need anything or you don't feel well just call me okay?"

 

"Okay thank you." Ting came out and Sakura slump on his swivel chair and stared at the ceiling thinking why does this things are happening right now? it is okay if he is experiencing it one at a time but he is experiencing it simultaneously in a very bad way. Why does it have to happen on top of each other and seems like it is piling up.

 

And there are other things that is also need some attention so he called Chaeyeon. “Hey do you have spare time?”

 

“Yes, any problem there?” His friend asked in a very worried tone.

 

“Is there any update in the construction of the new restaurant?” Yes Chaeyeon is the one who’s handling the financial side of the construction but Sakura needs to be hands on, on the construction itself.

 

“As of now you have consume 25% of your funds and almost all of the construction materials are already bought and the 50% of the restaurant is done. But there are a lot of things that needed to be funded like labor which costs a lot, installation of water and gas supply, and the cost for another inspection for you to operate. But you don’t need to worry too much I already put some plans if there are some problem we may face along the way.” At least there is something good that Sakura heard for the day.

 

“Is that all?”

 

“Will we use the old equipment’s from your restaurant to the new one?  Or should we just buy brand new one?”

 

“I can’t answer that right now maybe by tomorrow or the day after. I will ask Ting to help me check what we can re-use and what do we need to buy. After that I will send you what we need.”

 

“Okay noted.”

 

“Another thing can you do the canvasing for the equipment’s for me?” That’s the first time Sakura asked for a favor from his friend that isn’t part of his job.

 

“I can do that.” Chaeyeon is glad that his friend starts to ask for help, for years he will do it on his own even if he isn’t that capable of doing it. That is Sakura for years but right now he can’t do that her hands are full of problems.

 

After a few hours of working he finally came out of his office. “Ting.”

 

“Yes Boss?”

 

“List the equipment and tools that we can still re use for the new restaurant.”

 

“Okay I’ll do that.”

 

“For the next days we will be conducting re training for our employees.” Sakura have decided to re train his staff to refresh them with the rules and there are updated rules that they need to discuss.

 

After a long day of work Sakura have decided to go home. He checked his phone for the first time that day and to his surprise there's no message from his girlfriend. He find it weird because she constantly updates him even if he's busy but he didn't put too much meaning in to it. As he arrive at his place the lights are on and he is right his girlfriend is already asleep in his bed.

 

After a few minutes he joined his girlfriend on bed and hugged her tightly. "When did you get home?"

 

"Few minutes ago just sleep already it's getting late." She then tighten her hug as if she won't be seeing him again.

 

"Babe."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Don't push yourself to the limit. Don't get sick, please take care of yourself okay? Even if I'm not around please make sure you eat properly."

 

"Alright I won't let you worry again okay. And why are you saying this kind of things as if I wouldn't see you again."

 

"You don't know what will happen okay? And besides I'm not always around do you should take care of yourself. I'm very busy right now."

 

"Why a lot of customers?"

 

"Not really there's a pressure from the higher ups that we need to earn more for the next few weeks." Sakura understands what Eunbi is going through because he witnessed it when he is in France working.

 

They went to sleep after some few talks and kisses. The sleep was peaceful but as soon as Eunbi woke her stress starts again, add up to that there's no Sakura beside her when she woke up.

 

"Ugh it's morning again.?" She sighed. "When will this end? But I nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter