Autograph

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The character’s, names, place, establishments and scenes are fictional. This is a gender bender story you will understand as the story progress. I hope you will enjoy my comeback story. This story has a lot of inspiration from different stories and short film that I have watched this past few weeks. Enjoy reading.

 

Sakura’s POV

 

The sky is still asleep but I am already wide awake. I can already hear the sound of the engine of the truck roaring it is the signal for me to start my day as a small restaurant owner. But I am used to it, it’s a routine for me that if I didn’t do this for a day, I will get sick.

 

“A very cold morning to you Sakura.” Mr. Bae greeted, his voice contradicts the weather it’s warm and way to energetic at this hour. But that’s what I love about him, he always smiles even if he’s tired, he smiles no matter how hard his work is and I admire him for that.

 

“Good morning to you too Mr. Bae.” I greeted back to him as I hand him the list of ingredients that I need for the day.

 

“You should wear more layers of clothes.” I just hummed in response and looked up in the sky as it started to snow. Time flies huh? It feels like I just opened up this restaurant on my own and there’s only two of us working. Maybe three if my best friend helps us in his free time.

 

“Good morning Mr. Bae and good morning to you my dear best friend.” Speaking of the devil he is already here. he always come to help me this early ever since I opened up my restaurant three years ago. He always says that this is his exercise for the day.

 

 

“Morning Chae.” I greeted back as I’m unloading crates of vegetables from the truck. He reached out for another crate and helped us on what we are doing.

 

“Different kinds of vegetables and meat has been unloaded from the truck. Chaeyeon already pushed the dowel inside the stock room as I’m paying for the delivery.

 

“Here’s the change.” I smiled and tapped his shoulder.

 

“Keep it, it’s a tip.” His smile got bigger and to that my swelled up in joy.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“No worries you’re like a family to me Mr. Bae.” He rides to his truck and leaves, as I am entering the restaurant, I heard a honk signaling that Mr. bae us already off.

 

“Business is doing well I guess?” Chaeyeon said as soon as I enter the stock room. I looked around and almost all of the ingredients are piled in to their places.

 

“Well, we can still do better.” I can’t tell that we are doing great right now because we can still achieve more and do better.

 

“Stop lying Sakura.”

 

“If that’s what you want to believe.” We fell into silence and the only this that you can hear is our footsteps and crates that are being opened.

 

“I saw a famous restaurant that will open nearby tomorrow.”  There’s laziness in his voice but I can tell That he is concerned about it.

 

“I saw that too.” He hummed as a response. “Chae competition is always good so don’t worry about me. Besides that, restaurant is a French restaurant so we are different from each other.” I heard a sigh of relief from him, and we started to talk about some random s. I also serve him miso soup and grilled mackerel with rice.

 

“Japanese today huh?” ‘

 

“Yes, it’s been a while since I serve Japanese food.”

 

“That confuse me you are Japanese but you barely serve it here.” Oh, he noticed it.

 

“I feel like that I am at my comfort zone when I am cooking Japanese food and I don’t like that feeling that’s why I am cooking different Asian food.”

 

“GOOD MORNING!” A very feminine and energetic voice interrupted our conversation.

 

“Morning ting.” Both of us greeted Xiaoting, she is my longest employee here. we are classmates in culinary school and we worked together at a restaurant before she come and joined me in this restaurant.

 

“You are here again?” She gives a sharp look to Chaeyeon.

 

“May I just remind you I am the best friend and I worked hard for this food okay.”

 

“If you say so.” She rolled her eyes as she walked past by us. “What’s the menu for the day chef?” Xiaoting shouted.

 

“Japanese.” I didn’t need to say the whole menu to her she memorized all of the dishes.

 

“Finally, I am getting sick on cooking Chinese food. I am already cooking those at home for Yujin because tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter