Our daughter

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

 

When you are on the burgee of losing one of the most important persons in your life you couldn’t think straight and the only thing that you are thinking of is being with them every moment that you can be with them. Especially when that person is your parents, everything around you don’t matter, it will make you selfish to a point that you will leave everything for them even your lover and your friends.

 

That happened to Eunbi, she’s not thinking straight and just thinking on how is her mother. She leaves everyone without explaining or saying a proper goodbye, yes she is selfish but she didn’t want to burden anyone specially Sakura who’s facing a lot. although she thought that it is the right thing to do at the moment, she is very wrong about it. In this kind of moment she needs someone to lean on, but she wouldn't realize it in the future.

 

As soon as Eunbi arrived in France she didn't bother to come home and just went straight to the hospital and there she saw her weak mother on the hospital bed.

 

"Mom." She rushed towards her. "Mom I'm here." She held her hand and tears already beaming on her eyes.

 

"Eunbi?" Her Mom weakly said.

 

"Yes mom it's me I'm back."

 

Her mom forced a smile. "How's my princess doing? You look good and seems to be very healthy."

 

"Yes mom I'm healthy I take care of myself there and everyone take care of me really well."

 

"That's great to hear Eunbi."

 

"Mom please take a rest don't waste your energy."

 

Her mom slowly shook her head. "I want to see my princess for a as much as I can, I don't have many time in left."

 

Eunbi finally broke in to tears. "Mom please don't say that, please stay with me."

 

"Eun don't cry I don't want my last memories of you to be a sad one."

 

"Yes mom but please take a rest now I'll be here by your side." Her mom just smiled an closed her eyes and go to sleep. Eunbi went out and cried silently, it took her a few minutes before she saw her father.

 

“Have you seen your mom?” her father seems to be very different now his usual commanding voice is full of sadness, Eunbi never heard her father like this. ]

 

“Yeah what did the doctor said?”

 

“She is getting worse day by day and there is no hope.” Eunbi bite her lower lip just to refrain herself from crying.

 

"Is there any way to get her in good condition? Does she need any oragan? I can give it to her." Eunbi is so desperate that she even try to offer her organs.

 

"Eunbi there's nothing we can do about her condition. The only thing we can do right now is to be by her side."

 

Eunbi couldn't accept it but she just need to listen to her father because he knows the situation. "I have a favor dad if there's anyone who looks for me in the restaurant can you tell the staff there's nothing wrong."

 

"Why?" Her father is curious because he knows that her daughter cherish her friends so much.

 

"I don't want them to know." She then handed her phone to her father. "I know you will get it at some point in time so here it is I'll be by mom's side." She then went to the room and took care of her mother until she falls asleep.

 

Her sleep was disturbed when she felt something weird in her stomach and felt like she's about to vomit. She rushed towards the bathroom to vomit after that she fixed herself for the day to take care of her sick mother.

 

For the rest of the day she just sit and from time to time when her mom is awake she will have some small talks.

 

"Eunbi."

 

"Yes do you need anything?"

 

"I want you to find someone who will love you and take care of you." Eunbi unconsciously smiled when she suddenly remembered Sakura. But that smile didn't last long when she remembered something.

 

'I found that person mom but I runaway from him, and I don't know whether I will find another man who will love me like that nor I will love the same way.' That's what Eunbi said to her mind. "Yes mom don't worry about it."

 

"Good I wish that I could've seen you with your own family." Eunbi bitterly smile for two things, her realizing once again that her mother is dying and second reason is she don't know whether she will make a family.

 

For the past two weeks their situation has been like that, Eunbi and her father are taking care of her mother and having small talks with her. Eunbi saw how her mother’s health get worse every day. But there is another thing that is bothering Eunbi she’s been vomiting from time to time ever since she came back add up to that is her feeling sick or getting dizzy in the middle of the day. But she just ignore it she just thought that it is just her body is not adjusted and maybe due to stress, after all it is very stressful for her to see her mother getting weak.

 

Eunbi and her mom is talking when suddenly her mom stopped talking which is normal for her. “Eunbi I am tired.” She weakly said.

 

“Take a rest mom.” She smiled to her mother.

 

“Thank you Eunbi for staying by my side. Now let mommy take rest.” Eunbi had a hunch that this might be their last conversation.

 

“Okay mom you did a great job now take a rest I’ll be here don’t worry. I love you mom.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

Eunbi’s mom died with a smile on her face, there will be no hardship from now on. She can finally rest after battling and staying for a few weeks just to spend time with her family. She endured the pain just to make them happy for one last time, and now she choose to be selfish and stopped fighting. The cloud heavy that that day just like the hearts of the people who just lost their love one.

 

After a week of funeral Eunbi and her dad is standing infront of her mother’s grave.

 

“It is a bad day to rain my love.” When Eunbi heard that she looked up and the sky is bright and there is no trace of raining then she looked at her father his tears are just flowing down like the rain. In her entire life this is the first time she saw her father cry, he loved her until the very end, and the only thing that separate them is death.

 

Eunbi is locking herself up in her room for the past week, she mourning, missing her mother and missing Sakura. “I wish you were her Sakura A warm hug would help me right now.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter