Sakura!

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

 

Even if the most experienced owners face some problem within the industry, when you thought that everything is on place and doing well that’s when the problems come. It will slap you out of nowhere it will blind side you. In this industry if you slacked off or be over confident it will eat you alive.

 

In the past few days, the weather isn’t that good, the usual sunny days have a turned into cloudy and seems to be crying all day long, and that is the story for almost two weeks now. For other business having a bad weather doesn’t really affect their business but in restaurant it is one of those days that you have customers but not as many as the usual days. You can say that these days you are lucky to break even.

 

One of the lucky restaurants who still have a lot of customers even if the weather is not so good, and that restaurant is Cherry blossom. The kitchen is still hot and steamy, the employees are still working like well-oiled machine.

 

“We are still packed huh?” Ting said as she starts to cook beside Sakura.

 

“Yeah, we are very lucky for that.” Sakura answered without looking at Xiaoting.

 

“We are not luck you are just smart to change the menu last minute.” His friend complimented him on a smart decision that he made. Well, Sakura have decided to change the menu since he noticed that it’s raining almost every day. He still serves some of their best sellers but they are focused on serving dishes with broth.

 

“Well, I can’t take the credit of something that a normal business owner will also do. Besides we are still lucky that we have a wide variety of offering so we won’t be needing to develop some new recipe. Besides that, we should be thankful of our regular guests that still comes even if it is pouring outside.”

 

“You are right if there.” She sighed then proceed to speak again. “This is why I really hate rainy days. There’s not a lot of customers that means the lesser the thrill it is, rainy days .” You can tell that Xiaoting really hate this kind of season.

 

Few more moments one of their staff approach them. “Sir excuse me.”

 

“Yes, what is it?”

 

“Mathew said that he can’t come today due to flu.” Sakura sighed because he is one of the top performers in the restaurant even if the restaurant isn’t that packed it will still be a problem for them. But Sakura can’t do anything about it, their health is his top priority and giving them a proper rest is the ideal thing to do right now Sakura can’t let his whole team get sick.

 

"Okay tell him that he should be off for the rest of the week and make sure that he should take a rest properly okay?" His employee just nod to him. "Ting can you make a schedule on who's going to cover for his shift for the week?"

 

"Okay I can do that. Don't worry for today I can cover his shift, you look tired already." Xiaoting is bit concern on her friend. She can tell that he is very tired and the day just started yet. "Kkura are you sick?"

 

"No I'm not maybe it's just the weather don't bother just work okay?" He give his friend a re assuring smile.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes don't worry." She nods and get back to work.

 

Sakura sighed and give the best smile he can do because he didn't want his friend to worry about him. He is just hiding the pain that he is having right now. His head is pounding and his whole body is in pain he knows that this may lead into a flu but instead of taking a rest and calling it a day he is now working his off. He can't get sick right now the restaurant isn't doing well as usual and there is already one that is already out due to flu it will really affect the flow of work within the kitchen if he is not around.

 

In another restaurant that is not as lucky as the other. The usual hot kitchen is a few degrees lower than usual because there is bare a stove that is open due to the lack of customer that they are coming. La vien rose is very unlucky even if Eunbi made the same decision that Sakura has made it has a different outcome and a big catalyst for that is still new. Yes it is opened for almost a year now but it us considerably still new, and it doesn't really have much of a loyal customers yet. Yes there customers here and there but they are reservations for some business meetings and dates.

 

"You look calm." Yujin comment on how calm Eunbi is right now, even if the situation is a bit tough.

 

"Yeah take a rest for a little bit and tell the staff that some of them can have an early lunch there's only four reservations for today and that's on the afternoon." Yujin is about to go out but Eunbi called her. "Yujin call Hyewon here let's eat."

 

Yujin smiled and know what that means. Eunbi wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter