I miss you

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi’s POV

 

Five years later.

 

This past four years that has passed has changed me a lot. I learn something new, gain some new knowledge not just in the kitchen but also in life. Life has hit me from left, right up and down and you can say that life hit me in every angle. I didn’t start fresh but I picked up my career here in France from what I left before I go to Korea. For my friends I never contacted well it’s not that I don’t want to contact them it’s just that my father won’t let me contact them. Even after 5 years I can’t use my phone without him monitoring. He is that controlling of me and it worsen when my mom died. Yes, she died a week after I came back it feels like she just waited for me to comeback home.

 

I missed my mom a lot because she is the person who gives me wings to fly and do what I want but since she is gone now my wings got cut off again, but there is one person who I really miss the most and that person is Sakura, he is still the love of my life and the only man that I will love. no matter what happened even if he found someone that is worth it of his love, I will still love him even from a far.

 

“Two medium rare stakes for table 6.” I shouted the order.

 

“Yes Chef!” Yes, I am the head chef in our restaurant here in France, I’ve been the head chef for the past two years. I may be the head chef but my movements are still monitored, I must say I don’t have the same freedom back in Korea. But the good thing is I learned to deal with the staff in a much calmer manner.

 

"Excuse me chef." One of our staff approached me.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Your father wants to talk to you." I nod to him and finished first the thing that I am doing right now. He can wait but customers can't so he must deal with waiting.

 

After a few moments and I come to his office and as usual he looks frustrated at me. "What took you so long?"

 

"Do you want me to set aside a dish for a customer? Do you want to delay their order?" He can argue with that because he don't want to have a bad reputation because of him. "So what do you want? I'm busy right now."

 

"This will be your last day as a head chef you'll be demoted to be a sous chef." That made me mad is he really serious right now he forced me to be head chef just to be replaced.

 

"What?! I can't really take your bull dad!"

 

"Don't shout at me! Do you think this is easy for me to decide that my own daughter isn't the head chef of my own restaurant and you probably be getting all of this? That hurts my pride Eunbi." I may be angry at him but I can tell that he is also hurt in this decision.

 

"Then you should have just made him a sous chef." I'm right here if that hurt his pride that decision is the most reasonable decision he can make.

 

"I can't pass on the talent that person will bring to the restaurant. That person is on another level, that person is the epitome of cooking." That person must be really good that even my father who' gives the least praise is almost praising that chef.

 

"You could have told me a little bit earlier, so I could have prepared properly."

 

"He just agreed to the other day and he is already arriving tonight. So there's no time to tell you." I just sighed due to frustration I can't win this argument with my father.

 

But I'm really curious who's this chef that he praise a lot. "Okay but who's the chef that is replacing me?"

 

"I agreed to all of his condition just to make sure that he will agree to work for us."

 

"And that condition is to hide his identity from everyone?" Why does that person want to be mysterious I don't really understand.

 

"Yes."

 

"Wait how much will you pay him if he is this secretive. Don't tell me it will cost us a leg and a foot just to pay his salary." Even if he is in this industry for a very long time he still makes some very dumb decision that may cost a lot in the long run and since I am here I need to put some sense in his head when that dumbness overcome him.

 

"No he's salary is almost the same as you have maybe a little higher but not much." That is good to hear I don't want us to pay for a person a huge amount of money for a single person.

 

"Okay is that all?" He nods. "I'll be off now I need to take care a lot of things because of this." I walked out of the office and proceed to the kitchen and get back to work. After my shift ends I briefed my employees that this will be my last day as their head chef and there's a new chef that will be replacing me. It's not a big deal for them to be honest maybe some of them are happy because I don't really give the friendly attitude towards them. After that I go to my parents house because I still live there.

 

 

“Mommy!” They say that every time you lose something you will gain something in return, and here is the blessing that I gain when I lose my mom and leave Sakura. This little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter