Tochigi Prefecture shinkansen ride

Forelsket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura's POV:

It was now the afternoon and we've packed our bags yet again. We are on our way to Tochigi Prefecture, Tomi's hometown. Oton and Okan got home early to drop us off at the train station. Obaasan packed us some snack bento boxes. Though I declined her already the previous night, it still didn't stop her from making us some snacks for our travel. She kissed everyone in the forehead and hugged everyone tightly. Kenshin cried on  our way out of the house. My brother clinged to me, refusing to let me go. It hurt my heart to be away from him, I was devoid of the times I should be taking care of him as his Onechan, it had to be him versus my job. If I were to choose, I know I'll be far away from him and my family still, I wouldn't trade my life as an Idol Star, because as much as I wanted to stay and be his Onechan, my heart and my mind were already set for the stage. The stage where I get to be loved by everyone and be an important part of my chosen family. It is selfish, maybe vengeful because my parents didn't quite have the time to be with me as I grew up with Obaasan. My parents' life doesn't include me now, they have built a family with out me in the picture and I built my own chosen family of twelve.

Kenshin and I are affectionate with each other. He loves me, I can feel it. But because he was born twelve years after I was born and by the time he came, my life with my family had begun to shift and has already become irreparable. I became seemingly more distant from my parents and their actions last night further caused me to grow fonder with my chosen family, IZ*ONME. It hurt to see Chaeyeon cry, asking me why does everyone thought she was a lunatic. I can't bear to see her so hurt by everyone around her. If I could, I'll take her to another country and start over with our lives, far away from everyone, far from the questioning looks of our staffs and families. Somewhere she could be free to celebrate the lives of her fallen Unnies. Somewhere only we know, somewhere we could live together in peace and harmony. Just us and the team, in our own little bubble. My Obaasan accepted Chaeyeon, she even joined us for dinner one time, when it was Skylar Unnie's day, we cooked like usual at Chaen's Condo Unit, where Obaasan and Kenshin was invited, she joined the All Filipino dinner we've prepared. Obaasan were all ears with the story we had of how this tradition was started by Chaen, in her attempt to deal with the overwhelming loss of Skylar in a concert bombing. 

Obaasan had the tendency to sympathize with everyone, no matter how absurd their situation is and how ridiculous everything was. I learned from Obaasan a long time ago to be nice with everyone and to be compassionate with everyone I meet. Something that both my parents didn't quite do, they thought these honoring of the dead and all the remembrances were unnecessary. We've had a long day yesterday with all the travelling, exploring, crying and of course the meeting last night for Kang-chan and Minmin-chan. The team is a bunch of chaotic kids, often making noises enough to get us kicked out of the dorm the company has rented. Like last night as I spoke what the meeting was about, they all shouted and screamed at the top of their lungs as they were all surprised with Kang-chan's boldness announcing that she and Minju were already girlfriends, the romantic kind. So noisy that my parents and Obaasan Emiko came into the room and checked in on us, cause they honestly thought that one of us were getting either robbed, stabbed or , they're really that noisy and chaotic, often it was Yujin and Ducky who were so loud that I honestly think Chaen could be right about banning everyone from teasing and talking above whispering threshold. They're so crazy and I allowed them to do whatever they wanted after that meeting, Kang-chan and I started to play the first release of Sega Saturn, we played a game called Alien I, killing aliens and whisper screaming at each other to kill the alien, something Kang-chan and I are used to doing whenever we play games. I was brought out of my reverie when I heard Chaeyeon's voice.

"Aegiya, Wonyoung was asking me to come with her to a store, over there. We'll be back I promise." She said to me.

"Okay, I'll just sit here and wait for everyone of you to come back, be quick, the train will come anytime soon." I replied to the both of them. 

The rest of the team have roamed around the station, there was a shopping complex inside of Kagoshima Chuo Station, the train station and shopping complex, boasted of popular brand shops from all over the world and all over Japan. Kang-chan was the only one left beside me, she's on her phone, playing a game. I opted to just watch over our luggage and stay put. Last night was eventful and tiring, I saw her cry again twice last night, when most days she's just silent and gives everyone a sharp look, when she's mad, she doesn't even cry out of frustration from everyone, she keeps everything in and just stays silent. Last night was another breaking point for her with everyone around her looking like they thought she was a lunatic, who celebrates the lives of her dead Unnies. Every Sunday and Monday for the last few months since I joined her team, we've always had an All American or All Filipino foods to celebrate the two Unnies. I may not know them personally, but the rest of the team speaks fondly of Skylar and Alex Unnie, they all recounted to me stories of the two eldest in the team, prior to me coming into their lives and joining them in this journey of debuting. They all had heart warming moments including Kang-chan who was almost always on her phone or silently watching everyone out of the corner of her eyes. The two Unnies were part of everyone on the team save for Wonyoung and Yujin who came a year after the two Unnies have left this world. I would never understand what goes on in Chaeyeon's mind, I saw her dance so hard in our courtyard to a Korean song I didn't know which group sang, I didn't understand the lyrics either. 

I just had to give her a back hug, during that time, a reminder that she can always tell me what she's thinking of and what's bothering her. I have learned how to calm her down, I have learned how to stop her from crying and quiet down. I have learned so many things about her, but never truly understood the pain that she has from losing two of her Unnies who acted like her Father and Mother in training. I could only imagine if one of my kids died from a terrorist attack or from a debilitating emotional problem called depression. It was too tough for her, that's what I understand for now, so I let her be as always, she would explain anyway what happened in time. I saw her cool dance moves last night, it was ingrained in my mind, how she seemingly allowed her body to flow through the upbeat music playing on her phone. She left Kenshin and I in his room silently and little did she know, I followed her silently and watched her dance to the Korean song, it was an R&B Song, that I could make out, there was a bit of rapping, soulful delivery of words against the beat of the song. I hummed to the song as I sat with Kang-chan, remembering the smooth movements her shoulder made, all through out the song, she popped and locked her shoulders to the beat of the song. It was almost like art, a beautiful art of performance. Her hands and her hips swayed on the chorus of the song. It startled me when Kang-chan sang the chorus of the song I was humming. 

jinjja mollaseo mureoboneunde
i uimi eopneun munjaneun mwonde
hajiman naneun jinjjareul wonhae
hokshirado dareun mamiramyeon bikyeojullae
maeil maeil maeil maeil maeil
eodiro twilji molla maeil nan buranhaeyo
maeil maeil maeil maeil maeil
neoreul matgyeoyo baby

nigyeote stay i maeumi
ttan sarang chajagalji mollayo
Baby honjain bam you neol baby
gidarijana mangseoriji marayo
gin eodum sogeseo nareul kkeonaejwo
I want your love love

She sang the song, I was humming a little while ago, she finished the rest of the lyrics and after she smiled at me and asked.

"You know that song, Eomma?" She asked.

I shook my head no at her.

"I heard the song from Chaeyeon last night, before we came into my room, she was dancing to that song." 

"She danced voluntarily in front of you?" She asked and put her phone down.

"She didn't, I saw her dance because I followed her to the courtyard of our house." I replied to her.

"Mmmm... Okay. That song is called I'm your girl ? by KHAN, a Korean duo, the two Unnies, Skylar and Alex Unnie loved to dance to that song, they even created the choreography she danced to. The song tackles an ambiguous relationship between the two singers. Kim Euna and Jung Minju, the two were rumored to be dating in real life, until Kim Euna went back to the states, she went back to college and married someone else, a man ten years older than she, Jung Minju vanished from the limelight and was never heard from again, it was rumored as well that Jeon Minju wrote that song for Kim Euna during the time when they were still part of Ark, another Korean girl group that only released one song called The Light, it was rumored as well that the song came out because Jeon Minju tried to sell the song to another group but Kim Euna stopped her from selling it and asked if she wanted to debut with her as a duo. She found a company that will accommodate the both of them, unfortunately Maroo Entertainment just stopped supporting both of them, after the release of their song, it just stopped. Alex Unnie and Skylar Unnie loved each other, probably more than we'll ever know, the two of them were ambiguous like the two singers, until Skylar Unnie decided she doesn't want to train anymore and left us, Alex Unnie was devastated because she believed Skylar Unnie will stay for her." Kang-chan explained to me.

"Oh." It was the only reply I could offer her.

"Here's the Music Video, watch it. You'll understand why all four of us relate to that song." She replied to me and handed me one of her AirPods and propped her phone up.

I watched the music video of the song, the music video starts with the two singer dancing, a montage and then the solo dances, the other girl who had a white cap and was wearing a cropped shirt, dances on her own at a laundromat, her movements were similar to Chaeyeon's dance last night. Then it cuts to a scene where they were walking with some friends, the other woman was walking ahead with her boyfriend, holding hands, as the other woman walked behind her with two of her friends seemingly trying to stop her from jumping the guy and punching him, the white cap girl, then there was another montage of the two of them, then they were dancing together in a rooftop. I watched the whole video and by the end of the video, the white cap wearing girl, helped the other woman, cut her hair and then they danced some more, then the last lines of the song, they were shown to be hugging each other, they were about to kiss and their hands were shown to be intertwined with each other for the finale before it cuts off to a black Maroo Official. 

"Wait? so this song's music video is this? Two girls, one seemed to be jealous of her friend and the other just doing what she wanted to do?" I asked her slack-jawed at the music video she showed me.

"Yes. Exactly Eomma." Kang-chan replied and smiled brightly at me.

"She dances to this song, when she's confused about things, I've seen her dance it while we were on a break from training, prior to you coming to Korea." Kang-chan followed up.

"Oh, I have another question, who is Kim Euna?" I asked her.

"The one who had a boyfriend in the music video." Kang-chan replied.

"Oh." I replied to her.

"It seemed like she was really jealous right? Their performances they were dressed in boyish clothes, Minju-sunbaenim always wore more masculine outfits than Kim Euna-sunbaenim." Kang-chan replied.

"Yeah. She seemed like she was being dragged away by her two friends." I replied to her.

"Anyway, Thank you Eomma." She replied to me.

"For??" I asked her puzzled by the sudden thank you.

"For assisting me last night, thank goodness we just got some chaotic screaming, gushing and light teasing." She replied.

"Yeah, probably just tired, you know, we've been traveling." I replied to her in a teasing manner.

"Ahhh! No! Eomma! I'm hiding behind you." She replied.

"Like a kid that you are." I replied rolling my eyes at her.

"But, I am younger than you are." She replied rasping her tongue at me.

"Yeah, Yeah. That you are." I replied to her.

Soon, silence filled us both, she has a happy outlook today. Very unlikely of Kang-chan, cause she was always serious. A Tsundere just like Chaen, but definitely different. She had a killer vibe to her, like her eyes were trying to kill you when she's being silent. Soon, everyone was back with shopping bags in their hands, Wonyoung and Chaeyeon had bags from Pandora, Wonyoung gave her bag to her Minju Eomma. I watched as both Mother and Daughter hug each ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter