Silent Night at Kagoshima

Forelsket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TW: Mentions of suicide, suicide bombing and terrorism, please for the love of peace, don't do anything that'll hurt anyone, including yourself.

Chaeyeon's POV:

We walked back to Kura-chan's house, bags of snacks and candies on my left hand and the right was holding Kura-chan's left hand. I wish it was always like this, peaceful and quiet. Silence even just for a day or night. We were huddled together as we walked back to her house. None of us wanted to speak and ruin our moment of silence. The winter breeze blew past us, for a moment. I put my arm around her and tucked her closer beside me. Quickened my steps a little bit.

"Thank you, Jjaeyeon." She says eventually.

"Welcome, Kura-chan." I replied to her.

Soon we reached her house, we made our way into her house. We were greeted by our kids, playing with Kenshin-chan, Kwangbae Hyung and Minju weren't in the living room. Kenshin hugged Kura-chan before hugging me.

"Why are you still up Mister Miyawaki?" I said to him in a joking manner as I squatted to his level and returned his hug.

"No school tomorrow Onechan." He replied.

"It's still not a good excuse to stay up late. You need to be asleep by now." I replied to him.

"Aww... Can't I stay with you guys?" He said pouting.

"You can when you are older probably age twenty." I replied to him with a chuckle.

"That's so many." He complained as he yawned.

"So you need to sleep early so you can grow to Twenty." I replied to him.

"Really?" He asked me.

"Yes really, come on now. Let's put you to bed and sleep." I replied to him.

It was only eight in the evening and I feel like he is supposed to be in bed already. He's only six years old and yet he's still up at eight, I remember myself being in bed at around seven when I was his age. Kura-chan looked at the exchange and came in between Kenshin and I to lift him into her arms.

"Read me a story, Onechan." He says into Kura-chan's arms.

"What story should we read you?" Kura-chan asked him.

His eyes are drooping already, fighting sleep.

"Aladdin and the forty thieves" Kenshin managed to reply to Kura-chan.

"Okay, get ready for bed with Chaen Onechan, I'll be right back with the book." She replied to him.

Kura-chan looked up to me, her eyes pleading for help. I smiled softly and opened my arms so I could lift Kenshin-chan to his room.

"Aegiya, change his clothes please, you can get one from his closet, his room is the last one down the hall, I'll just get the book from our office." She told me as she handed me Kenshin.

"Okay, Aegiya. Can you ask your kids to go inside their rooms now, so they could get ready for the night, tell them I said so and no buts." I replied to her.

"Okay." She replied and turned towards the people in the living room.

Kenshin and I went to his room, down the hall, the kid is basically asleep already. His breathing even and easy.  He looked tired from playing with his Onechan, the team.

"We're here Kenshin-chan. Which jammies would you like to wear?" I asked him.

He forces his eyes open as he studied his closet.

"Blue one please." He replied to me.

"Okay." I replied to him and got his Blue Pajamas.

"Let's brush your teeth first, so you don't get cavities from all the chocolates I got you." I followed up to him.

"Okay, Onechan." He replied softly.

I held him by the wrist and escorted him to his bathroom. Thank goodness that each room had their own bathrooms. I opened the lights in the bathroom and got his toothbrush and toothpaste.

"Here you go." I told him after putting some of the chocolate flavored toothpaste he had on his bathroom.

He took his toothbrush and brushed his teeth, like Kura-chan, he brushes his teeth perfectly, perks I guess of having both their parents as Dentists. After he brushed his teeth, he spits out his tooth paste and gargled with water. He spits this out and washed his toothbrush on his low sink. I brought him back to his bed and sat him at his bed. Changing his short into the Pajama Bottom, when I was about to pull his short down, he held on his shorts tightly and said.

"Turn around, Onechan. I'll do it myself." He said shyly at me.

"Okay, Big boy, tell me when you're done." I replied to him.

"Okay, Onechan." He replied.

Ruffling of shorts was heard, the Pajama Pants next. After a few moments I heard him say.

"I'm done Onechan." He said to me.

I turned around and found him already dressed in his Pajama Pants. He was trying to fold his day clothes, but was failing.

"Here, I'm going to teach you how to fold your clothes." I replied as I stood behind him.

Guiding his hands as I folded the shirt. Once done he smiled widely at me.

"Thank you, Onechan for teaching me how to fold my clothes. I can now help Obaasan fold my used clothes." Kenshin replied.

He was indeed a good boy, true to Sakura's words, making me wonder again why it seemed like Sakura was distant to his affectionate nature. Sakura would sometimes be affectionate but it wasn't as natural to her. I can see her sad eyes everytime this kid wanted to be close to her, since they came during our debut showcase. I tuck him to bed and pulled up his blanket to settle down his chest. I brushed his hair away from his eyes. We both looked into each other's eyes and I swear I could cry to how he looked into mine. His soft pleading eyes for us to stay with him was something similar to Chaeryeong that night I decided to quit JYP for good. Her hurt look on me as we laid in one single sized bed in the JYP Dorm, she hugged me fiercely, a silent plea not to leave her alone at JYP. Coupled with her sobbing in my arms. She needed to learn that not everyone can stay, but she could if she worked hard.

Same words I said to her sobbing form, it was hard, because I was a JYP Fan, his groups' music and dances were what inspired me to sign with him after KPOP Star 3, Chaer was just following along my ride. But I also knew that Chaer deserved the world, me being out of JYP would help her as the trainers didn't need to be confused and they could focus on Chaeryeong's improvements. I was determined to do what's best for us both. I may have regretted it for quite a while, but I love the family bond I helped created among my team members with the honorary members Skylar and Alex Unnie. I love this family I have now, my chosen family. These kids are my life and my light, they didn't give up on the changes that transpired with me and instead they all waited for me to sober up and pick up myself.

A soft smile appeared on my lips, directed to the younger Miyawaki. Their last name that I carried with me upon debuting as Miyawaki Chaeyeon. It was an honor to be using their last name as a stage name. Much more being considered to be part of their family. Being with Sakura now in her house with her family meant all the world to me, I saw my old sides resurfacing from the ashes it was buried in for a long time. The love and care I naturally had for my younger siblings, the ones that crumbled underneath the depths of my soul. The things I chose to neglect, now on display for the younger Miyawaki. The warm feelings I once had with my younger siblings. I placed a gentle kiss on his forehead, which was received with a closed pair of eyes.

"Thank you, Chaen Onechan, for taking care of my Kku Onechan and for the snacks and chocolates." Kenshin spoke, his voice barely above a whisper but I still caught it.

"You're welcome. Kenshin-chan, I am grateful to you too, I see that you love Kura-chan so much. Please forgive her, she barely has time to rest, we had to take care of our team and she is doing a great job." I replied to Kenshin.

"I'm back with your story book, Kenshin-chan." Kura-chan called out to Kenshin.

Kenshin smiled at his Kku Onechan and Kura-chan sat beside the other side of the bed. She faced Kenshin and opened the book. Her soft but audible voice filled the room, she had a somewhat husky voice like Yuri's. I could get lost in her voice, it was soothing to the ears. She's truly a good vocal, if only she had proper training back with the forty eight groups. I've seen her improvements vocally and her dancing has also levelled up, maybe not up to par with the other Korean Members of my team, but certainly an improvement since day one of her joining us. She deserves to showcase her talents to the antis and has anyone of those antis listened to her compositions? Cause her lyricism and the musicality of the song was surprisingly good, it was an upbeat tempo with touching lyrics. It was a fun song to dance to and Nako''s cute voice on this song just sends me to the abyss of the galaxies. Floating through the galaxies, helpless but loving every second of it and I am hoping that the listeners felt the same way about her song.

I listened to her voice as she narrates the story. Half way through the story, Kenshin was already knocked out. But Kura-chan continued to read the story, her voice echoing through the confines of Kenshin's room. I listened to her voice. There was a hint of sadness to her voice, a mixture of sadness, weakness with a hint of hope. It was an emotional voice, I could hear her trying but failing to let out all her anger to the world, I wanted her to do that, one good crying, screaming and cursing everyone who has done her wrong, cause sometimes we need that outburst of emotions to continue loving everyone, including yourself. Something I indulged myself for the last five years, maybe as long as she doesn't do what I did, she'll be good, it was innate to her to be a gentle and warm woman, very much the opposite of me. Her Oton and Okan were nice and decent people, devoid of warm feelings it seems as they exhibited earlier today, when they continued to talk about other topics, refusing to ask about Skylar Unnie and her death, what happened and why we are honoring Skylar Unnie.

They should have seen the Sundays we shared all these months. It was more elaborate than Skylar Unnie's day. Sunday was filled with silence from everyone at the table as I move through the kitchen to prepare their breakfast of Pancakes, Two Eggs, one was scrambled and one sunny side up and three pieces of perfectly crisp bacon, the pancakes were made fluffy just like how Alex Unnie liked hers. Lunch was almost always prepared by Kura-chan, it was Sandwiches for lunch, cause Alex Unnie loved to have either a Burger, Cheese Steak or a Chicken sandwich with a side of French Fries or Potato Chips. Alex Unnie liked her Sandwiches home made, cause according to her she could make her sandwiches bigger and better, top it off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter