Tuesday new norms

Forelsket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura's POV:

I was awakened without a warm body beside me. Opposite from last night's nightmare. I remembered my dream yet again and a feeling of dread came over me. I looked at my bedside clock and it's four in the morning. I got up from bed and straightened myself before going out to the kitchen. I found Chaen already moving through the kitchen, I silently watched her as she moved confidently. She loves to cook, that's for sure. Maybe her parents would get a taste of her dishes, she's a great cook, she dances and sings beautifully too. Soon, I am hoping that her parents get a taste of all the dishes she knows how to cook. My parents were the same with her parents. They were busy with their careers as Doctors, both parents worked as Dentists, Dad specializes in Orthodontics while Mom Specializes in Root Canals.

Both of my parents barely had time to be with me. It was Emiko Obaasan who was always with me. Before they knew it, I already joined AKB48 and moved away from home. My home was always the dorm or an apartment I rented. Void of any other life besides me and my two kids. When I feel lonely, I call my obaasan, I cry over the phone whenever I hear my obaasan's voice. Years of living alone, growing mature at an early age, didn't do wonders for me, I was closed off with my parents. I rarely call them, it was always Obaasan who requests me to give both of my parents a call. If it weren't for Emiko Obaasan, I would've probably never talked to both parents. I have nothing against them, don't misunderstand me, it was just us being apart and they being absent in my formative years.

Obaasan was the one who raised me, along with my cat Maru-chan. My younger brother, I didn't get to see when he was born, it was as if my parents have created their own lives without me in the picture, since I was already working at a young age of 13 as a J-Idol. Both parents were against me joining the showbiz industry, none of them was okay with the idea of me becoming a J-Idol and I guess that's why there was a silent war between me and both of my parents. Obaasan said she didn't want me to miss a chance to do something I loved, she even said on the day of the audition to give my hardest into my audition, so that even if I don't get accepted, I will never regret the opportunity to become an Idol Star. Mr. Akimoto accepted my audition and I became an AKB48 Kenkyuūsei. A year after promoted to Team A. I was pulled out of my reverie when Kwangbae greeted me.

"Good morning, Eomma. She looks beautifully handsome right?" Kwangbae whispered softly into my ears, enough for Chaen not to hear us.

"She's a great person. I am grateful for her and the rest of you Team IZ*ONME, especially you and Minjoo." I replied to her softly and smiled at her before approaching Chaen.

Chaen looked back and I saw her smile brightly at me as she greeted me.

"Good morning to my beautiful Koibito." She said to me with a wide smile.

She's cute when she does this.

"Did you sleep well?" She followed up to me.

"I did. Thank you." I replied to her.

"Have a seat please." Chaen replied to me.

"Morning, Kwangbae." Chaen greeted as she still had her focus on the dish she was preparing.

"Sit please." Chaen followed up to Kwangbae.

"You seem to be in a good mood today, keep that up, please, Appa." Kwangbae replies to Chaen before taking a seat.

I wasn't seated yet, I approached my dorm's stove and was about to prepare our kids' bento boxes for lunch but she held me by the wrist and said.

"Kura, please be a good girl and take a seat for me, you're not supposed to move around. I'll take care of food, Koibito." She said gently.

I didn't say anything anymore, I know better when to push things even with Jurina. Her tone had a hint of seriousness and finality. I felt like a child being reprimanded by her mother not to touch the knife for the fear of chopping a finger off or accidental stabbing.

"I want to help, Chaen. Please." I replied to her and pouted at her.

"Ah uh. No. Please, just sit down, don't move. I want you to focus on practicing your facial expressions and dance gracefully later." She replied to me despite my pouting.

"That won't work Eomma. Trust me." Kwangbae said and laughed.

"How would you know?" I asked Kwangbae and pouted at her.

"Because she's immune to Minmin's pouting, Minmin does that frequently to Appa." Kwangbae said giggling.

"Eomma, want to play a game?" Kwangbae said to me eventually.

"Sure, what game are we playing?" I asked her.

"Do you have PUBG?" Kwangbae asked me.

"Yep, I have." I replied to her.

"Cool, what's your rank?" She asked me.

"Gold, I don't play much PUBG these days, the last was November last year. I've since played Fortnite on my laptop, finished some PS Games too." I replied to her.

"Whoa! I play Fortnite too, when I'm home, I have it on my computer at home." Kwangbae replied to me.

"You want to play Fortnite sometime?" I asked her.

"Yeah, we can! I'm actually planning to buy my own laptop, I'm a little clueless what to buy though." She replied to me.

"I can help you set up your laptop. Just tell me when you're ready." I replied to her as I brought out my own phone to load PUBG.

Once the game has loaded, I logged on to the game. I was waiting for her to invite me in a game.

"Eomma, thank you for offering to help me, we can go the following Sunday after this upcoming Sunday, because I know Appa will be meeting with her Family. I don't want her to miss that chance. She'll need us to help her prepare food for her family." Kwangbae replied to me.

It was a surprise how considerate Kwangbae was for her team. For a rich and young woman like her and Chaeyeon, these two were always the giving and considerate ones.

"Okay, then. We'll get your laptop by then." I replied to her.

"You know, I long waited for Appa to invite her parents to eat with her. Thank you for keeping her grounded. Most times, she just dismisses her family. Even Chaer who's been trying to reach out to her, despite her having debuted already and despite her living at JYP Dorms, she'd always try to drop by in this part of town, far away from JYP, just to see her Unnie." Kwangbae voiced out her gratefulness for me.

I don't know what exactly changed with Chaen, but I often hear from Minmin and Kwangbae about the changes Chaen made, they were used to Chaen the heartless and serious leader.

"I didn't do anything though." I replied to Kwangbae.

"Oh, but you did, Eomma. She went home for the first time in years on weekends. Normally, she only goes home when it's a Korean Holiday. She also only ever talks to her parents when she needed something, it was always Uncle who reaches out to her, for her to tell Uncle that she's going to update him for this weekend is new, cause she's always unavailable. She only spoke with Uncle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter