Flight back to Korea

Forelsket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura's POV:

Ever since we met with Chaeyeon and Minju yesterday at Akihabara the two were singing to themselves, songs we don't know. Well at least I don't understand the lyrics of those songs save for Love of my Life which was an English Song and another song called Crying Season from a certain Filipino Alternative Rock band. She practices the song intensively, even her Sister Chaeryeong was goofing off and saying that her Chaeyeon Unnie would like to turn IZ*ONME to an Alternative Rock Band that covers Filipino songs. Chaeyeon never minded Chaeryeong's teasing up until we bade goodbye to our families and has now boarded the airplane, Chaeryeong was with us. Chaeryeong sat on my left side while Chaeyeon sat in front of me, she had her AirPods on, singing softly to ten songs on loop. Which included my song Negaigoto No Mochigusare that she sings ever so softly. For what reason, I don't entirely know, I paid her no mind, including Minju who was seating behind me. Kwangbae was equally confused as I am as to what both Minju and Chaeyeon are up to, they're both singing the ten songs in order.

1. Hope Not from Blackpink
2. Written in the Stars from Wendy Sunbaenim
3. Downpour from I.O.I
4. Kapit from Armi Millare
5. Rainbow from South Border
6. Crying Season from Up Dharma Down
7. I GUESS I'M IN LOVE from Clinton Kane
8. Negaigoto No Mochigusare from AKB48
9. One Last Time from Ariana Grande
10. Love of my Life from South Border

That was the order of the songs both of them are singing to, like a concert or recital that only had ten specific songs, it was never ending cause right after the last song, both starts to sing the number one song again. I swear if these two doesn't stop, I'll be out of my mind and I may just as well quit staying near these two. I'd talk to them soon, there's nothing both of them ever hid as a secret. Chaeyeon always came clean of her past and everything that contributed to her messed up being. She was that, honest and makes sure to control her anger, partly due to me skipping lunch one time, when she exploded and shouted to my face. She and Minju are now singing my song Negaigoto No Mochigusare. Chaer looked over to the both of them in the first class seats we had.

"Yah, what's up with her?" Chaer asked Kwangbae.

Kwangbae shrugged her shoulders and kept quiet as she played with her hand held gaming console. She was at level 98, two more levels and the game is finished. So she's focusing so much on her game right before we begin the busy schedules again. I brought her to the Manga shop and got her some more books and other stuff she wanted from the Comic Bookstore, we had breakfast first before anything else and we've talked more about the two Unnies, her memories specifically of the two. I expected some bad memories too, but Kwangbae told me, the two Unnies were like angels, no one really hated the two as they were easy to talk to, her Skylar Unnie could be like Kwangbae, silent and shy type, but is easy to talk to totally like Kwangbae, Skylar Unnie was apparently like a Father to them, she cooks for the kids and her Wife which is Alex Unnie.

Alex Unnie makes them Jiggly and Fluffy Pancakes for Breakfast, everyday. Though they weren't accustomed to it at first, all of them learned to love pancakes. Alex Unnie even invites every trainee to have breakfast with them, she often starts the day in the kitchen at around the same time Minju and Kwangbae wakes up currently and asks for Breakfast. The time they wake up, they just sit on the table and have their breakfast it was often on the dot. Now they have to wait for about thirty minutes to get breakfast and this time, it was actual breakfast with rice and other banchan. They of course look forward to Sundays and Mondays, these are their favorite days now. Cause of the extravagant ways we cooked full American and Filipino Meals during these days and we go all out on the food.

There are some dishes which were hits to our kids, some are misses. Filipino food has regional versions, as an example the dish called Adobo had variants, there was a region that cooks Adobo using Pork, some regions cook it with Chicken, some has Potatoes, some don't. Some had Coconut Milk while some are just Soy Sauce and Vinegar, some are garlicky and some are sweet, salty and spicy. There are one thousand and one ways to cook the said dish. The favorite or shall I say, the way the kids wanted their adobo cooked is a recipe Skylar Unnie taught them how to, The Adobo dish Skylar Unnie makes had both Chicken and Pork, tons of smashed garlic, peppercorns, vinegar and soy sauce, then they add potatoes then finally hard boiled eggs. One cup of Vinegar and then three cups of soy sauce, so her adobo dish is very savory and salty. The meats are then simmered until the sauce thickens then add the potatoes and simmer another ten minutes and each one gets their own Hard Boiled Egg. The dish was delicious, salty and it makes us want to eat more rice.

Chaen especially loved this and she would have left overs for the next few days, those left overs become more tasty as time goes by until the Adobo Dish is all finished. We always cooked bulks of that dish and always had them for breakfast, along side other banchan. Adobo was like Magic for foreigners, cause the more you eat this dish, the more you'll love the taste and the longer the days you store it in the fridge, the tastier it gets when reheating. It was not just pork and chicken they turn into Adobo, they also cook Beef Adobo, Shrimp and Seafood Adobo, Green Beans Adobo etcetera. The dish is basically that versatile, Skylar Unnie's Mother was from Korea, her Father was Filipino. Kwak Han-eul 곽하늘  or Skylar Kwak her surname Kwak was from her Korean Mother. I also found out that her true name was Arden Skylar Sarmiento, the reason was she looked like her Father Arden Skyler Sarmiento. It was kind of a masculine name, Arden and Skylar.

My English name is Shasta Miyawaki which was now changed to Shasta Arden Lee, Obaasan Emiko was the one who gave me that English name, which means Praised or Commended. Japanese people have English names much like Koreans do, Chaeyeon's Profile indicated her new English name that she picked herself. Christianna Arden Miyawaki, in honor of Alex Unnie, Minju chose Megan Alix Kim, Hyewon chose Heather Christi Arden Kang and Eunbi Unnie chose Madison Alessandra Kwon. Nako chose Nicole Yabuki, Hitomi's english name is Hillary. The rest had Christianna, Skylar, Arden or Alexandra attached to their english names in honor of Alex Unnie, some chose to honor Skylar Unnie. I also learned that Skylar Unnie, Hyewon and I had an affinity with the Skies and Clouds. We all look up the Skies when we are being anxious about things. While Hyewon just briefly looks up the Skies above us, Skylar Unnie and I are are one and the same, we spend an awful lot of time looking closely at the clouds, she also sees animals and figures from the cloud formation, she also loves the Moon and the Stars, specifically the outer space.

Everyone had their own names, a mix of them had Alex and Sky Unnie's names. I was happy for once in my years of working as an Idol. I have freedom to create my own music and lyrics. I have a lot of things within reach if I held my hand out. Truly I felt blessed with everything that I have in just a year. We already won Favorite New Artist and Rookie of the year award. Those two awards are the most coveted along with Gaon Chart Song of the Year for Rookies like us. It was a lovely year despite discovering that I was played for a fool by Matsui-san. I closed my eyes as I waited for lift off. Korea is colder these days, so we had thick padded jackets with us, Chaeyeon brought along some knitted gloves and scarves to lend the three of us. They were thick and was enough to ward off the cold, I hope so.

The announcement came on, we are ready for lift off. The airplane was about to lift off the ground. I braced myself this was the only time that I don't sit by the window, cause I'm scared of heights. I currently occupy the middle row seats in First class. Chaeyeon was to my front and left was Chaeryeong then right was Minju. Who was still singing the ten songs she and Chaeyeon sang since yesterday. I couldn't take it anymore so I asked Chaeyeon right this instance.

"Hey, why are you singing just this ten songs over and over since yesterday?" I asked Chaeyeon.

She stops momentarily from singing and flashed a smile towards me.

"We're practicing our performance of ten songs for Skylar Unnie." She replied to me.

"What? How are you supposed to perform, remember we still have to perform for year end!" I whisper scolded her.

"I already got that in mind, aegiya. Do you want me to stop singing?" She asked me.

"I just don't want you to forget the songs we are supposed to perform for year end and you shouldn't be doing things to strain your voice." I replied to her softly.

My voice was a mixture of worry, cause who wouldn't worry? Some of the songs she chose to sing had high notes. Her voice will be gone by the time she finishes practicing these songs for her dead friend.

"Ayiiiiieeeee that's sweet of you, aegiya. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I can even perform a concert right now until the year end." She replied to me smugly.

If she wasn't cute at all, I would've punched her in the face. I swear to god this woman really knows how to charm her way out of trouble. She's really a mischievous young woman. I shook my head no at her and told her to rest.

"Okay, rest for a bit please. I'll wake you up once we've landed." I replied to her.

She shook her head back at me and smiled at me. Her smile looked like the one from that night at Ashikaga Flower Park back in Tochigi. Instead of leaning my head in and nearer to her face, I feared that there are journalists from K-Press on this flight so I leaned back to my seat and watched as she looked back to me. Her eyes spoke of longing and excitement. I can't possibly risk our careers now that we've debuted. I shook my head back to her as she was still looking back to me like she was going to lose me anytime soon. It was absurd how insecure she gets, how unsure she is of her capabilities, I guess I ought to tell her that I'll be there for her, even when she's a heap of crying mess, I guess she doesn't know that I really like her, more than I liked an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter