Way back Home

Forelsket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura's POV:

I was awakened by the train's PA System, announcing our impending arrival at Hakata Station, where we will be taking another Shinkansen train for three hours to get to Kagoshima. Chaen smiled as soon as I opened my eyes, my head was placed on her shoulder. She must've been stuck for a while. I smiled softly at Chaen and apologized for putting my head on her shoulder. It was met with a head shake no.

"Nonsense. I enjoyed your head on my shoulder." She replied smiling.

"It's four in the morning and yet you're flattering me at such an early hour." I replied to her giggling.

She only smiled at me and picked up our luggage which she stowed away earlier at the overhead cabin of the Shinkansen. I smiled at her and thanked her shortly. Our members did the same, the three remaining towers of the team at least, there was four of them, including Chaen. She was wearing her jeans and a white loose t-shirt and then a letterman jacket and another padded jacket. She looked handsomely beautiful as the clothes she wore clung to her and subtly highlighted her toned abs and the flex of her arms her toned arms could be seen. I would really love to see her in a cropped tank top. Flexing her toned body and muscles. The woman was almost always either in a button down shirt, a blazer, a hoodie or a shirt and a letterman jacket or a bomber jacket. Rarely do I see her in a much flattering outfit. She sat back down with me and smiled towards me.

Soon, the train's PA system sounded again, we've arrived at Hakata Station. Half past four, Chaen carried all of our luggage, I mean mine and hers. I had two big luggages while Chaeyeon only had one. I was beginning to regret ever bringing two luggages, but the way she held the luggages and not even allowing me to carry them myself, made me blush and quickly apologize to her. She shook her head and smiled at me as she hauled the luggages to the next platform. Once we were at the platform, our kids sat quietly beside us, clearly no energy to goof around. I pitied the kids for staying up all night and travelling to my hometown. We didn't have to wait long, five minutes after everyone was seated beside us, the PA System sounded, announcing that the train going to Kagoshima is now ready to board. Kwangbae's ears perked up at the announcement. We all stood up and boarded the train. As usual, we got a Green Cart Seat, all twelve of us. We sat now in the train. Almost immediately after sitting down our kids ate their dinners slash midnight slash breakfast Ekiben. Suddenly my stomach growled and Chaen looked at me with a naughty grin on her face.

"Eat, Kura-chan. We forgot to eat dinner on our way to Hakata." She says to me.

"I know." I breathed a sigh.

She opens my Ekiben for me and laid it back to my seat tray. She even gave me my own chopsticks already broken apart. When I didn't move, she took it upon herself to feed me.

"Yah! Miyawaki Chaeyeon! I'm not paralyzed! I can eat on my own!" I retorted to her.

She drops her hand back to my tray and drops the piece of meat she'd taken back on my Ekiben. She also drops the chopsticks back on the side of my Ekiben. I took the chopsticks and ate the the first piece of meat she got earlier and ate. An audible Mmmm came from Chaen as she was focused on eating her Ekiben.

"I wubbit Sakuwa, tenkyu fow the recommendashun, thish ish delishus." She said talking with full.

"Finish chewing your food first before talking. My gadniss Chaeyeon-ah! Haven't you learned your manners?" I replied to her.

"Showi! Jusht delishus." She replied with a peace sign.

I could only roll my eyes at her, we've talked about not talking when is full, she's always this way and time and time again, I told her to stop speaking when is full and time and time again she does this. She's really a kid and a very disobedient kid at that. No other words were exchanged between us, until we finished eating. She places an arm around my shoulder and tucks me into her side.

"Sleep for a bit." She commanded me.

"So bossy." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Technically, I am your boss. Given my uncle Lee Won-min owns WM and also the leader of the team." She replied grinning at me.

"But, I'm only doing this because, I know you need to sleep some more." She followed up and grinned widely.

"Thank you, Koibito." I replied yawning and hugged her.

"Sleep well, Koibito." She said softly and placed a kiss on my forehead.

I fell asleep soon after, she felt like home. The way her arm draped down my shoulder, her motions to tuck me to her side and if she could, fasten me to her side. These actions make me feel safe, secured and seemingly back home with Obaasan. I was aware that home is in Kagoshima Prefecture in Japan and not at all in Korea. But, I still felt home with Chaeyeon and the kids. I woke up an hour before we arrive at Kagoshima. I fluttered my eyes open and saw that Chaeyeon was on her phone, watching a video of me pre-debut in Korea, I slapped her in the arm. She looked back and smiled.

"Good morning, Koibito." She grins widely at me.

"What the heck are you doing?!" I asked her.

"Watching you." She answered and grinned at me.

"Yah! Stop that now!" I replied to her.

"Why? I liked this stage." She replied and pouted.

"I'm ashamed of that time." I replied to her.

See? A kid literally. I rolled my eyes at her but let her be. It was six in the morning, it was too early to argue with her, when it wasn't a big deal at all. It was a part of me that I didn't like but to each their own, I can't do anything if someone liked the stages I did previously, it was a part of who I am currently, a part of my identity, my stepping stones to reach where I am now. The things I wished I didn't do were the same things that helped me to be here right now. Senpai Matsui being the catalyst of the things I did to reach where I am now. I watched as she watched the video of one of my stages for the song Negaigoto No Mochigusare Haruka, one of the other close friend were at my back, Haruka left the Forty Eight groups last year. She is now a popular Japanese Actress. She was busy doing a movie, but we recently talked over KakaoTalk App, we agreed to meet each other May next year, she says she'll be promoting the movie in Korea and she'll catch up by then, of course I already warned her that I might be busy by then for an upcoming album, but I told her I'd make sure she gets a seat at one of the music shows we will go to and from there hangout in the dressing room.

I settled in my seat and looked out the window, it's been a while since I took the Shinkansen Train going back to Kagoshima. The last time was six months ago, when I came to say goodbye before hopping on a plane going to Korea. I always loved the window seats, any chance I get to be in a window seat, I'd take it. I liked looking at the clouds and could sometimes see animals in the cloud formations. I've never told anyone the reason why I loved the window seats for the fear of them laughing at me. Besides that, my strong affinity with the clouds were brought to me by my grandmother Emiko, Obaasan Emiko always told me when I was younger, aged five or so, whenever I feel at my lowest, the clouds are there to root for me and if not, the clouds will always give me the stars and the moon to root for me. The clouds on a spring day specifically cause the clouds look majestic on a Japanese Spring day. It stuck to me, looking at the clouds every so often, even when I was fulfilling some engagements, the clouds are there to root for me, even through the dark nights, I have the clouds, looking over me, the cloud's gifted me with stars on especially dark nights, watching and supporting me.

Obaasan Emiko wasn't wrong, the clouds are indeed always there rooting for me. Everytime I missed my grandma, I look up the sky and the clouds are there to greet me, each time, as if the clouds were Obaasan Emiko. Obaasan Emiko was my Maternal Obaasan and her husband Ojisan Hiro died of Cancer at the early age of sixty eight. I was by then one year old, I have no memories with my grandpa. To help my Obaasan cope with her grief, both parents agreed to take Obaasan in and have her take care of me, to distract her from her grief and for both parents to be assured while at work. Forty five minutes to go and I'll be home. Our kids have bought a lot of Korean items as gifts for Okaasan, Obaasan and Otosan. They also bought my brother his favorite Korean Snack, Pepero of every kind and flavor, ranging from the original to the unique flavor like Sweet Yogurt, Double Dipped and the Matcha flavored Pepero. You name the Pepero Variant and you can be sure that they bought one for my brother. I bought him another one of his favorite snack, Turtle Chips in Chocolate flavor.

My brother loved Chocolates it seemed. Chaen brought him several chocolate bars and minis. We just bought him a lot of snacks and chocolates to last him a couple of months. The kid went with us to the grocery one time and Chaen have bought him every korean snacks there is and let him have it, for him to settle and quiet down in a corner as everyone was busy, both parents were having a business meeting that time and so my brother was left with us, the members took turns caring and playing with him. Then when we are on stage, the WM Staff watched over him, staff said that he watched our stage and was fixated on Minju, whenever the latter appeared, my brother's eyes were glued on her. Honestly, who wouldn't? I mean Minju is pretty and kind, she's gentle and soft-spoken truly an angel and I bet if my brother was born three years after I was born, then he'd most likely be one of Minju's suitors. Kwangbae would be threatened for sure.

After awhile of zoning out towards the window, Chaen quietly handed me dried squid. I smiled at her thoughtfulness and took the snack she was offering me. I sat back in my seat and just as I thought she'd never ask me why I liked window seats, she asked me anyway.

"Why do you always like to sit in window seats?" She asked as she went and chewed her piece of dried squid.

"It's because Obaasan Emiko, used to tell me, when I have no one rooting for me, the clouds were always there for me. I developed an affinity with the clouds on the sky, often the clouds would even form resemblance to animals. It's fun to watch, so I take window seats for that." I replied to her.

"Even in the night?" She asked.

"Yeah, they're there too, in the form of stars, my Obaasan said that the cloud's gifts at night time were the stars and the moon, though I learned in science class it was because of the rotation of the earth in its own axis. Not because of the sky gifting me with stars and the moon at night, when they are hard to see." I replied to her.

"Oh... Okay. It's actually cute of your Obaasan to say that to you. Both of my grandparents are already dead. I grew up not knowing them." She replied, her voice laced with a hint of jealousy and pain.

"It's okay, you can share my grandparents." I replied to her with a smile.

"Thank you, Koibito." She replied smiling.

She looked through the window, it was winter in Japan, so nothing pleasing to the eyes could be seen. But some of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter