Kagoshima Trip

Forelsket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon's POV:

We finally finished the Chasu and was now inside the van, Sakura will be driving us to the shopping district of Kagoshima to get some keepsakes for our friends back in Korea. Whenever we travelled even back in Korea, we buy snacks and keepsakes first before going about our whole day. I've gotten back to collecting keychains again, since I can't buy any alcoholic drinks or risk my life as I know it. Kura-chan have warned me the last time she caught five of us having drinks at our dorm. Her eyes are what scared me into soberness. She has given me a blue heart keychain for her dorm keys, since I liked blue. I still kept the keychain with my keys for the current dorm WM has rented. She performed a tea ceremony for me. It was a very solemn and quiet venue at the Chasu place we've been at and after her confession, I had a dorky smile on, that I've been wearing for the last twenty minutes as she drove around Kagoshima.

The city and Prefecture was nice and beautiful. They had a lot of sites and tourist spots here. They were surrounded by seas and mountains. The scenic view was everywhere our eyes landed on, be it in the mountains or the sea side. Her house was located with a backdrop of the mountains, looming over their house at the back and the front courtyard overlooks the seas. It was a very comforting scene, I now understood how she was able to stay calm, it was where she was brought up by Obaasan Emiko, her peaceful surroundings that seemed untouched by war and technology. The town boasted of several note worthy spots such as Parks, Aquarium, Garden and other Nature spots, truly a dream come true to those in touch with Nature. I'd recommend they go to Kagoshima in a heart beat and enjoy the scenic city.

Off the coast was an active volcano island called Sakurajima. It's a shame that we only had two days and one night in the city. Otherwise, I would've explored more of Kagoshima and its impressive mountains and other scenic views. But we were on a time constraint because of our two weeks rest for January before we start for the upcoming comeback. If I would know it, we won't get to rest either way, cause we will be assigned to write lyrics for melodies on our next album and December had our schedules packed until the New year's eve. I know, we're so busy to the point of losing breath. I can't begin to explain how filled we are of activities, the reasoning behind is we were newbies to the business, when you are a newly debuted girl group member, the company schedules a packed few years for you and the team, to make your mark in the industry, it is only until the fourth year do we ease up on our schedules and actually have lesser appearances and activities. We reconsider by that time if we truly love the life we are living now and decide on our future, whether to stay together or disband after the seven years contract we signed with the company.

We soon arrived at Tenmonkan Area, she gathered all kids and instructed that we go on our separate ways and reconvene here where we are standing in thirty minutes, she's going with me and Kwangbae to the Comic Bookstore. We needed to reconvene here because she wanted to go with everyone to shop for some keepsakes. She then drag Kwangbae and I to the Comic Bookstore. Kwangbae had a spring into her steps as we made a bee line to the Comic bookstore. Once we got to the bookstore, she became Kang-chan, a ten year old otaku fanboy, who loves her beloved animé even dressing up like them on weekends as a cosplayer. Kang-chan was given by Kura-chan to her when she's being a kid. Which is like ninety percent of the time, the other ten percent she spends silently stalking everyone, not wanting to interact but lets everyone hug her and bug her. That's our Kang-chan, Kang-chan also like Takoyaki so much so that she'd buy Giant ones.

Kang-chan roamed around the bookstore, her eyes teary at the wonderland she was in, we followed her around. Kura-chan eventually got a set of books, I raised a brow at her and she responded by shushing me. She tip toes to the cashier and gave him the books, she instructed the man to wait for another purchase she was going to make, which the young man who had thick glasses nodded at her. He doesn't recognize her probably because all he cares about are these mangas and animations. She looked at the apparel section of the store, she peruses and found a black hoodie with wings formed in a shield. I would never understand Manga and Japanese Animations, they're all complex for me and has too many things going on at once. I liked Korean dramas more as there was a slow build up of plot twists and other factors in the story.

It took Kang-chan one more minute before she moves through the keychains displayed. I looked at her as she looked for a certain keychain. When she found what she wants, she took three different keychains and went on to the action figure section. She looked at the action figures, all posed in cool ways, before taking a figure and then to the manga section. She perused the entire comic book section, until she settled for a book, just one, but it was thicker than the rest. Kura-chan was already waiting for Kang-chan. Kang-chan also went to the cosplay section and got a set of silver kunai, all varying in sizes. She also got a cute headband and went to the counter to meet Kura-chan. She smiles at Kang-chan and asks her.

"Is this everything?" Kura-chan asked her.

She nods her head shyly at Kura-chan. Kura-chan offered a soft smile to her and got all of the stuff she was buying. Before Kang-chan could take her wallet from her backpack, Kura-chan already paid for her purchases. After the merch had been packed meticulously by the young man, Kura-chan gave her the bag of goodies that included the hoodie and the book set she got. Kang-chan engulfed her in a grateful hug and was hopping up and down, taking Kura-chan on the hop. She indulged her until Kang-chan pulled away from her and smiled a bright smile to her.

"Thank you, Eomma. You didn't need to." Kang-chan said pouting.

"You were too slow Kang-chan. You know we're pressed for time." Kura-chan replied to her nonchalantly before walking off to the exit of the door.

Kang-chan and I followed her out the door. It took her about twenty minutes to finish her animé merch shopping. We still have ten minutes to walk around the vicinity of our reconvening point. We walked aimlessly, looking around the area. When we spotted a stall that sells mini pancakes, we were intrigued by it and decided to approach the stall. Kura-chan was already standing at the meeting place, but Kang-chan and I were in front of the stall, looking at mini pancakes being made. I got some money from my purse and bought twelve of the mini pancakes to share with everyone, a light snack to hold us over until lunch. Plus they looked so interesting from our standpoint. I can't simply pass up on this opportunity to try a new snack.

"May I have twelve?" I asked the woman who was preparing them.

"Sure thing, miss." She replied.

We waited for the pancakes, Kang-chan stared at the pancakes, open, I tapped her chin up and she looked at me.

"Yah! Kang-chan! Stop staring at the pancakes! I already got for everyone." I replied to her.

"Appa, they're so jiggly, we probably need twelve more." She replied in a trance.

"Here, take my money." She followed up to me and handed me her purse.

"Twelve more, Miss." I told the woman.

"Okay, Miss." She replied to me.

I let her finish the batch of twenty four pancakes before handing her our payments. Two for each member. The lady looked serious as she turned the pancakes. True to Kwangbae's words, the pancakes are really jiggly and soft to the touch. We had all twenty four bags with us and walked over to Kura-chan's place. I handed her two bags. She smiled and thanked me. I stared at my own bag of pancake. It was so fluffy I couldn't take a bite. It was still hot, judging by the steam that oozes out of the bag, the pancakes were so fluffy and jiggly. Alex Unnie will love these, I made a mental note to visit her again and tell her about my trip to Kagoshima, where I bought these fluffy, jiggly and mini sized pancakes.

"I can always make one for you, stop staring at your bag of pancake and looking like an amazed kid." Kura-chan says to me eventually and giggled at me.

A smile was etched on my face as I replied to her.

"Alex Unnie loved fluffy pancakes. But this is the first time I've seen such small ones, they're so fluffy and jiggly." I quipped at her.

"We can bring some to Alex Unnie when we visit her after this trip." She replied.

"Jinja? You will make these fluffy and jiggly mini pancakes?" I probed to her.

"Yes, it's easy to make. I can make these, don't worry." She replied to me.

I had faith and confidence in Kura-chan, I know that she makes the fluffiest Takoyaki which Kwangbae liked, so I believe her when she says she'll make this pancakes for us. I finally took a bite on the pancake. If I said they were jiggly and fluffy, the bite was indeed jiggly and fluffy, it was arguably the best pancakes I had or hotcakes, whatever they call them. I was sure Kura-chan could one up these better, she was always the better cook out of us two.

"You liked it?" She asked me.

"Yes, I liked it, but I'm sure my Koibito could cook a better one." I replied to her.

"Aysht Koibito, no need to flatter me, I'll make those if our kids would request them." She replied to me.

"And if I request them?" I asked her.

"Of course, I'd still make it for you." She replied and pinched my cheek.

"You're very cute." She followed up and released my cheek before I bruise again.

Soon, the rest of our members came to us, we each handed them two bags of the mini pancakes. They ate it while standing as we discussed where are we off to next. Our kids liked them from the audible and animated Mmm they gave, I could tell we'll have mini Japanese Pancakes every weekend. Soon, we decided to go to the shops around the mall and get whatever we see as we stroll around the mall and the shops. We started our walk, I was still taking bites on my second pancake, so was Kwangbae. We had a goofy and dorky smiles still plastered on our faces as we ate the last mini pancake.

Soon, we found a souvenir shop that offers everything that Kagoshima has to offer, there's Satsuma Kiriko Cut glasses, matcha tea, shirts, pullover sweaters, caps, keychains and shot glasses. You name it and the store has it, including some other wears. The group dispersed to look at the variety of souvenirs and keepsakes. I was left beside Kura-chan, I was the only one who won't buy anything from here. My friends are all busy to even find out I went to Kura-chan's hometown. Kura-chan just looked at our kids as they touch everything before them. We smiled at our kids as they found pieces and bits of things they wanted to buy, Chaewon was just looking at Yuri as Yuri gathered some souvenirs and placed them on her basket. I approached Chaewon and told her.

"Get whatever your family might be pleased with, you don't need to worry, I'll pay for it." I told her.

Chaewon then gave me a grateful but sad smile. I returned it with a soft smile, nodding at her, encouraging her. She had no money, everything was for her to contribute whenever we decided to eat out, she insists on paying for her own meals, though Kura-chan and I were adamant about paying for food ourselves, we also bought everyone the tickets for the train rides. Everything, we've shouldered out of our pockets, because I didn't want Chaewon to go back with the managers and staff, that's sad, she would be out of place with the memories we had, so I determined to pay for her expenses while we were here in Japan. A christmas gift for her, she's one of the few people who stood by me at my lowest and broken point. It took me five years to recover from the deaths of my Unnies, eight years to recover from the sudden death of Yerin. Seven for being cheated on by Giselle.

It took a long time for me to be able to deal with all these heartaches I had, I was stuck on a time loop ever since I lost both Unnies at a week's time from each other. I was left there miserably picking up things where they left off, living but barely breathing and alive. Especially because I treated both Unnies like my true blood related siblings. My team is my family, there wasn't a thing I wouldn't do for them. You can be sure that I'll be there for them. Chaewon gathered some magnets, keychains and t-shirts for her whole family. Chaewon had an older sister who doesn't care about her ailing father, the woman was already married and rarely contacts the family. Chaewon was forced to work odd jobs here and there to be able to sustain her trainee life and give back to her parents who loved her dearly and she was considered their star even before pre-debut. She and Yuri had good and steady vocals., Yuri had a husky voice, while Chaewon had powerful vocals. They're both amazing in singing and dancing. Come tallying her purchases, Chaewon approached me and said.

"Thank you, Appa Chaen. I owe you this. I'll pay you when I get paid next year." She told me.

"Chaewon, stop being ridiculous. This is my thank you gift for you, thank you for not giving up on me, Chaewon. Though you could've simply done it, you were as patient as Minju and Kwangbae Hyung. Please just allow me to cover for you the entire stay we have here. Enjoy the scenery, enjoy the food and other experiences we have as IZ*ONME, make memories with the fam." I replied to her.

"Appa, really, I am grateful for you." She replied and encircled me in a hug.

"I am more grateful for all your hard work, Chaewon-ah. This is nothing, so relax okay?" I replied smiling to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter