The night changes

Forelsket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon's POV:

The day has come to an end, we were praised by Sejeong Unnie with our dance and everyone in the team retained their positions. Despite earlier's screaming match between Minjoo and I. She reprimanded me softly earlier. If I am being honest, I know Sakura could debut with the team. I'm more worried of myself and I was wrong to lash out at Sakura earlier today. But it was the first practice back, I didn't want her to relax and forget everything I've taught her to do. She grew quiet since that time, she also didn't touch her food for lunch and gave her lunchbox to Nako and Tomi. She stayed in the training room, refusing to go out with us, reasoning she needed to call her Mother.

The rest of the team gave me an accusatory look. I understood she wasn't in the mood to see me and eat lunch I prepared. Good thing that the Pork Belly Sinigang I cooked had left overs which I transferred to a tupperware earlier. As part of our Filipino Breakfast Day, I cook the team Lunch and Dinner Filipino Dishes as well, because Skylar was an influencial trainee to us, we dedicated her favorite day to her and her roots, I am hoping that Skylar is at peace now. I hope she's not going through difficulties like I am now. Nako and Tomi ate their lunch hurriedly and went back to accompany their mother, Sakura, right after they finished eating. Nako even bought Sakura a Spicy Tuna Kimbap and Mandu.

Minjoo was walking with me, we were on our way to do the grocery for the next few days. Sakura, Nako and Tomi went on ahead back to their dorms, it was only Nako and Tomi who bid their goodbye to Minjoo and I, I watched Sakura as she carelessly and quickly crossed the street. Trailing behind her are Kwangbae, Yena, Nako, Tomi, Yuri and Chaewon. Yujin and Minjoo was with me, while Wonyoung went to her classes at School Of Performing Arts, she had classes every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Yujin trailed behind Minjoo and I, there was silence between Minjoo and I. I wasn't in the mood to discuss things to Minjoo and Yujin. I know Minjoo thinks I'm horrible with Sakura and the way I dealt with Sakura's simple blunder.

We reached the grocery store and Minjoo got a cart for me and she then got her own cart. She pushed her cart, Three strides ahead of me, Yujin followed Minjoo and looked back to me apologetically before grabbing Minjoo by her arm, slightly stopping the latter from going any further. Yujin looked into Minjoo's eyes as if she was begging her to lower her pride and talk to me. Minjoo didn't want to be stopped so she pulled away her arm and continued to push her cart. She disappeared into the candy aisle, Yujin following behind her, she's ridiculous for acting this way and spilling over her disdain for me to Yujin who was innocent with this whole mess I created. I pushed my big cart, first section I went to were the canned goods section. I dumped several cans of Spam into my cart, I continued to shop for the week's meals for eleven people. Yena was the new addition to the team.

I found myself lingering at the Chips and Snacks aisle, thinking of getting something to appease Minjoo and Sakura. it, I'm getting everyone snacks, to say I'm sorry for being a temperamental brat. I got Eleven big bags of Chips and Snacks, I got Sakura her favorites, Honey Butter Potato Chips, Umeboshi, Dried Squids, everything in big bags. Minjoo loved Cheddar and Sour Cream Flavored Chips and Haribo brand Gummy Bears, which I already got her a big bag of, Tomi liked Cornchips, Nako liked chocolate flavored things, Yena likes Chocolate, Yujin liked Rice Crackers, Yuri liked Shrimp Crackers while Chaewon liked mixed nuts, Wonyoung and Hyewon liked gummies from Trolli. I bought them a big bag of Trolli Gummies.

After, I pushed my cart over to the self-service counter and paid for all the food I bought, enough to hold us over for three days. I bagged everything myself, I didn't wait for Minjoo and Yujin, I just wanted to get to Sakura's dorm to cook dinner and have this day end, to rest and shut my mind up. I want to rest and relax in my dorm. I carried all my purchases in multiple reusable grocery bags. Albeit heavy, I carried everything with ease. I walked back to Sakura's dorm to cook dinner for them. I was exhausted carrying lots of bags. I opened Sakura's door using the keys she gave me. Once I opened the door everyone looked at me questioningly. I ignored the looks and placed the bags in her kitchen counter.

I unpacked all the food I bought for the Team. Though I screamed in frustration earlier, that was not an excuse not to feed them. Sakura did a good job dancing earlier, I had the video on my phone. I am proud of the Japanese Woman, though I'm not one to admit to them, I thought of Sakura as a flawless J-Idol. The last bag of their Snacks, I put to the side unpacked. After, I started to cut some of the vegetables I bought. Pinakbet was the dish I will make for tonight, it is one of Skylar's favorite dish, Filipino Vegetables cut into small pieces and then sautéd in Shrimp Paste, Pork belly, Onions and Garlic. Shrinp Paste was an acquired taste for us, because Skylar used to make this dish every Friday along with Fried Tilapia or Fried Pork Belly Crisps, tonight, I'll fry up half Tilapia and half Pork Belly.

I chopped the onions and garlic first, set them aside and then the vegetables such as squash, okra, eggplants, green beans and bitter gourd. I cut the pork belly into bite sized pieces to fry up later and then the other ¼ was for the Pinakbet dish. Everyone in Team IZ*ONME loved Skylar's cooking, I asked her to teach me how to one time when she was sick and unwell. Skylar and I bonded heavily in the kitchen. She's like an Unnie to me, Skylar was only thirty when she died of her injuries in the concert bombing. Alex meanwhile was twenty three when she too died. She died a week after Skylar died. Everything was sudden for the two trainees. Alex especially, because she died by suicide, her letter for Team A of Class A, every member had a letter from her, she slipped it in to our doors, before shooting herself in the head at one of WM's training rooms, which was now an office space for admin these days. Alex shot herself at midnight, so there was no one to rescue her, I've since haven't slept heavily on midnights, I always kept myself half awake and half sleeping every night.

I didn't want anyone to experience the same thing our precious Alex experienced. She had no one to talk to, although she knows she could've approached me. She was afraid of being a burden to me and the team. It has been five years since this incident. Five years of me becoming a light sleeper. When drunk, I dream of Yerin and the happy times we had, a year prior to all these mess happened. It was now five years, Alex was still with us on Earth, her spirit never left Earth, it's just  roaming around here watching us move on from her. I thought most times, how could she do that to us? Alex was a gifted trainee of WM Entertainment. She's exceptionally great at dancing while her voice is that of an Angel, she and Minjoo were part of WM's Angelic Choir. Only three of them owned the Title and one of them was Jo Yuri and Kim Min-ju. It caused me to be angry and screaming at my current team, because I felt like they didn't understand our Alex, Alex was a hard working individual, she worked double the hardest. She refuses to give up on herself as we trained. So when Hyewon replaced Alex in the line up, I made sure she knew I care, I always offered to be her drinking buddy, Hyewon resembled Alex's demeanor, she's silent most of the time, but I see through her eyes how hurt she was when the trainers scold her for her dancing. Unlike Alex whose eyes just smiled at the trainers when she's being scolded. Hyewon couldn't hide in her eyes all the dismay she feels.

My thoughts were interrupted when someone back hugged me as I slice the pork belly into bite sized pieces. A scent of peonies and honey invaded me. It was Minjoo. She held me from my backside, she didn't say a word, just hugged me tightly. I let her be as I moved through gutting the fish, careful not to squirt blood anywhere near Minjoo as she hugged me. I washed the Tilapia fishes, I had three big ones. I seasoned the pork with salt and pepper and popped them in the air fryer I brought over here this morning. I put some salt in the big Tilapia fishes, rubbing them across the skin. She just held me through the silence of my movements. I still haven't ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter