Appendix XLVIII [IP]

Appendices [RS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun’s POV

 

Today is the day that I get to finally introduce my fiancée to my family. They've seen pictures of Wheein and have been wanting to meet her but due to her condition, it had to be delayed. I have to make sure that she's really comfortable before barging into that topic with her.

When she asked for time after we met each other again, I knew then that we'll have to take our time to introduce her to my world; my family and friends. And I know when I want her, I know I have to be patient. And so, we took our time. Let her meet the people in my life at her own pace.

She's very nervous about meeting my family and so as much as I wanted to introduce her to them first, I'll have to start with my friends at work.

Now that it's off our list, we have to face the inevitable; meeting my family. After all, we're already engaged. She's bound to meet them soon if she wishes to push this engagement further into marriage.

Of course, it's all on Wheein's pace. If engagement is enough for her, then it's enough for me. I want nothing but to be with her.

I heard whimpering but it's not from the furballs, so I reached over Wheein's hand and held it. Our babies are between us so I couldn't move closer to her than I wanted to.

“Wheein…”

She took a huge breath, I was worried she's having a hard time breathing.

“Will it help if I tell you a little bit about them?”

She shook her head, refusing my offer.

Instead of asking questions to help her prepare, she's dodging knowing about my family. It would've offended me if I didn't know that it was her way of not getting too nervous.

And it's also the reason why her trunk is full of gifts for my family. She simply didn't know what to buy so she just brought anything she thought would be a good gift.

“Just breathe. Okay, Wheein? Stay with us” Dr. Lee said from the driver seat.

We brought Wheein's car but the owner doesn't seem to be capable of driving it as of the moment. And I'm too worried about Wheein that I can't drive either. It has to be Dr. Lee, which is great because having her here made Wheein calmer.

I grabbed Wheein's cheek and turned her away from looking outside. I smiled at the adorable pout on her face and caressed her soft cheeks.

“We'll be fine. They really want to meet you. They're quite excited. They'll love you as much as I do. So there's nothing to worry about.”

“But what if they won't?” she asked, creases appearing on her forehead.

I rubbed them away, wanting to rub off her worries too. “Mom's cooking gopchang because it's your favorite. Dad’s packed the fridge with beer cans even when I told them you won't be drinking much because I told them you like to drink. Unnie made lots of sweets for you. They're already spoiling you and they haven't even met you yet. They love you, Whee”

It was a relief to see her features softening and to know that what I said helped calm down her nerves.

“We're going to be fine.”

“Okay…”

I leaned over the furballs cage to give my Wheenie a kiss. It's hard to resist not kissing her when she looks so cute and determined.

After my family found out that they are finally meeting my fiancée, saying that they were excited would be an understatement. They can’t really wait to meet her. They waited like I did too. Tried to convince myself out of loving Wheein but I know deep down Wheein will come back to me. It was much more worth it. This made them even more eager to meet her.

From our residence in our little apartment, we drove about an hour to reach my family’s house. Dr. Lee parked Wheein’s car in the basement parking lot. Both Dr. Lee and I offered to help her with her gifts but she refused, despite our insistence. Dr. Lee did manage to help her carry the bottle of rice wine while I carried our babies’ carrier.

The furballs must’ve felt their Mommy’s anxiety when they started rattling the carrier.

“Hey, calm down, you two” I whispered gently while reaching inside to pet them.

Yongkeey was quite big now so I had to pull her out with her leash so she wouldn’t crush Ggomo.

“Ggomo, you okay inside?”

I peeked in and saw him curling up with his eyes closed. Yongkeey was all over Wheein though, giving her a hard time. I had to carry her. I turned to Wheein, knowing that she’s causing Yongkeey to worry.

“Yongkeey’s worried now too, Whee.”

Dr. Lee stepped closer to Wheein and gently rubbed her back. “Keep taking deep breaths, okay? If it’s harder, you can take the meds.”

Wheein shook her head. “No. I think I can handle it, Ma. I’m sorry for worrying you all.”

“It’s normal to be nervous but never be afraid to tell us if you can’t handle it anymore.”

The elevator dings, announcing our arrival.

“But we’re already here,” Wheein argued.

I stepped in front of her since I couldn't reach her having to carry our babies. “I don’t want to force you. And my parents will definitely understand if we can’t today. They won’t be mad.”

She pouted harder and bent her head low out of shyness. “I also want to meet them,” she shyly admitted.

I smiled. I know she’s frustrated and nervous but we’re all worried. But it’s at this point that I don’t want her to think that we’re treating her like she’s still vulnerable. Well, at some point, we still do, but she, herself, wants to live out of that, wants to have that sense of independence already. She deserves that and I’m still in awe of everything she’s achieved.

“Okay. Don’t pee when you meet them, okay?” I teased.

She’s still pouting but she’s now glaring at me. “I would not! I’m not a child anymore!”

“Race you there, hun!” I took off right before the elevator closed in on us. “Make me tteokbokki if I win”

“Tteokbokki!?”

Her complaints along with Dr. Lee’s laugh were drowned out when the elevator locked them inside. I was already in front of our door when the elevator opened again.

Wheein immediately strode out of the elevator, fuming from anger. Though she just looked so adorable in my eyes.

“That’s cheating!”

I pressed our doorbell while giving her a wink to taunt her. “I win. Thanks for the tteokbokki later, my lovely fiancée.”

“Yah! Tteokbokki? Aren’t you sick of tteokbokki?”

She looks mad but I know she’s never really mad at me. But above all else, she doesn’t look nervous anymore.

“You’ll surely become tteok after all the times I cooked tteok—”

The door suddenly opened, making Wheein shut . She gasped at the sight of my mother, gasping again when she saw my father standing behind Mom, and one last huge gasp, when my sister also came into sight.

“Wheein brought so much so can we have the introductions inside?” I asked.

“Here, let me help you with that.”

Dad grabbed the bags from Wheein’s hands. Wheein started to protest but didn’t have the time to argue when my mother stepped in front of her and asked her to get in.

“I ah… Yes, but ah…” She saw me still carrying our babies and snatched Yongkeey from my arms. “I’d like to help Yongsun first with our pets. Yong, you should get in first. Ma also has to—”

I held her hand to silence her rambling. “Let’s go inside together.”

The pout was back but I just kept smiling at her, nodding to encourage her.

“Okay. I think we should.” She shook her head and whispered to herself, “Don't keep them waiting.”

It's like a sight of Gabby all over again. Her childlike personality. Something inherent about her, natural. Adorable.

Dad was already bringing out the food Wheein cooked for today when we got inside. I told my family she's a very wonderful cook and then relayed to Wheein that my family wanted to have a taste of her cooking.

It was actually my suggestion that they should try her food. I just implied to Wheein that they wanted her to cook. Something very smart of me to do.

We were still standing in our living room. Yongkeey was still in Wheein’s arms, finding comfort in our puppy.

“Whee…” I said, squeezing her hand, “this is my Mom. And that's my Dad. And this is my older sister, Yonghee-un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter