Appendix VII [IP]

Appendices [RS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun’s POV

 

“I’ll go carry the bags” I said to Wheein as I unfastened my seatbelt while she parked the car in the hospital parking lot.

“I can carry the other one. Just leave it”

“Okay…”

I climbed out of her car and headed to the backseat. I lifted the two bags I placed in here this morning. There’s really not much inside the bags so they weren’t that heavy at all. I could just carry them by myself. I carried them with one hand before I closed the door. Then I walked around the car to meet with Wheein so we could head to Dr. Lee’s office together.

She reached a hand to me and said, “Give me the other one”

I scrunched up my nose and smiled at her as I shook my head, making her pout at me. I laughed at her pouting face as I held the hand she was reaching to me before walking us towards the hospital entrance.

“You said okay…” she whined beside me, still pouting at me

I smiled and greeted the guards by the hospital entrance before I faced my still pouting fiancée. “I think you’ve forgotten who your fiancée is, Whee”

She sighed heavily before she faced ahead and mumbled, “When will you mean it when you said okay?”

“I mean it every single time” I said and saw her snickering and rolling her eyes, making me smile at her. “I’m acknowledging what you said but it didn’t mean I agree with it”

“When will you agree with me?”

“I agreed with you all the time!” I whined this time as we got inside the elevator.

She pressed the floor for Dr. Lee’s office as she mumbled, “You’re stubborn, Yong”

I smiled as I leaned to her and whispered right into her ear, “I agreed to marry you, to be your wife, and to be your partner for the rest of our lives. Remember that?”

She giggled and rubbed her ear when my whispering tickled her. “You didn’t say okay that time though” she argued, smiling cheekily at me.

I would’ve flicked her cheek or even pinch it when my other hand wasn’t occupied. She’s getting smug and cheeky once again. She even added a wink when I continued staring at her. I rolled my eyes but smiled when I heard her snickering.

“You cried in my arms” she added, laughing to tease me even more.

The elevator doors opened before I could respond to Wheein. I stepped out of the elevator and walked us to Dr. Lee’s office. “You know… before you could even ask me the question, you were already crying” I said, giving Wheein the pointed look. “Remember that, Whee?”

I laughed at her when she stopped snickering and pouted at me, her face turning red from her blush. I pulled her closer to me and snuggled my nose to the side of her face while still laughing at her. She half-heartedly pushed me away and tried to glare at me but ended up smiling when I quickly kissed her.

When we were already near Dr. Lee’s office, she perked up and excitedly walked ahead of me. I let go of her hand as I smiled at her, amused to see a glimpse of Gabby because of her excitement that could match a kid’s energy. She knocked on Dr. Lee’s office and opened the door right away without waiting for a response from Dr. Lee inside the office.

“Ma! We’re back!”

I chuckled at her enthusiastic voice. I was still in the hallway but I could clearly hear her voice.

“Oh! Dr. Park, you’re here too! Perfect!” Wheein exclaimed, hearing her clapping excitedly.

I walked inside Dr. Lee’s office and closed the door behind me. I found Wheein jumping on her heels as she hugged Dr. Park before she jogged to her adoptive mother. She kissed Dr. Lee’s cheek before she hugged her tightly, making all of them laugh at her.

“We brought something for you!” Wheein exclaimed, running towards me now. She snatched the paper bags from my hands and handed the two doctors each a bag. “We bought so many but we could only find anything about Mickey Mouse. We got cute stuff toys for you too and some ornaments. Not sure what they are but they’re cute so we bought them.” She stood in the middle of Dr. Lee’s office, jumping on her heels and clapping her hands excitedly as she watched the two doctors open the bags. “Did you like it? Did you like it? Did you like it?”

I shook my head and silently laughed at her enthusiasm. I took Wheein to Tokyo Disneyland as my Christmas gift for her. That’s when she returned it with a proposal, which I considered as one of the best gifts I’ve ever received.

We stayed in Japan for four days. We spent our time enjoying the rides, shows, and even the food there. We went on a short tour around Tokyo as well when we still had time before we flew back here. We just arrived yesterday and slept for the rest of the day since we’re still too tired.

I walked to Dr. Park and shook her hand while she leaned forward and kissed my cheek. I was introduced to Dr. Park only when Wheein and I got back again. Wheein told me that Dr. Park was her pediatrician when Dr. Lee admitted Wheein to the hospital. Dr. Park told me that she has been giving tips to Wheein when we used to date before, which made Wheein blushed so hard because she’s embarrassed about it.

Then I went to Dr. Lee who stood up when she saw me approaching her. We smiled and hugged each other.

“How was she?” she whispered.

“Never switched since. She was pulling a Gabby the whole time we were there.” I pulled away from the hug and smiled at Dr. Lee who’s already smiling so wide. I tipped my head towards Wheein who still looked so ecstatic and said, “She’s still pulling a Gabby until now. She’s been saying since day one in Japan that she’s having fun”

“Thank you”

I nodded at her as I said, “Thank you too.” I turned to Wheein and watched her talking to Dr. Park with a huge smile on her face while her eyes shined brightly.

“What was your favorite ride there?” Dr. Park asked her.

“The ferris wheel!” she answered without hesitation. “We ride the ferris twice everyday. One during the day and one at night because we can’t see the ocean at night and we can’t see the city lights in the morning. It’s not scary too unlike the roller coaster.” She shook her head vigorously and shivered as if it’s the peak of winter in Dr. Lee’s office. “Scary…” she whispered, making us all laugh at her.

“What else did you do?” Dr. Lee asked.

“We went around Tokyo. We visited some art museums. Then we went around some temples. We rode this train with Mickey Mouse on it. Then we watched a lot of shows! We ate so much! It was really fun, Ma. We should go there.” She turned to Dr. Park and linked her arms on Dr. Park’s arm as she jumped on her heels. “You should join us too! It will be fun! We never went to that horror-themed place because it’s scary but you could probably go there and tell me what’s in there because I’m curious about it.” She shook her head vigorously as she pouted at Dr. Park. “But I don’t want to go there”

“And what about Yongsun?” Dr. Park asked.

Wheein ran to me with a huge smile on her face and wrapped her arms around my waist. “Of course, she’ll go with us. I’m not leaving my fiancée behind”

I ruffled her already long dark hair before I placed my arm around her shoulders. “Do you want to go back there?” I asked and she nodded right away. “Don’t you want to go somewhere else?”

“We can go somewhere else?” she asked, her eyes widening from both disbelief and excitement.

“Of course”

“Where will we go?”

“I don’t know… Where do you want to go?”

She pouted at me and shook her head. “I still don’t know. I don’t know many places though”

I pulled her closer to me and kissed her forehead. “We’ll look for places to go some other time. We also just got back from Japan. We still have work too so we can’t travel right away so easily. We’ll just plan once we can find time. Is that okay?”

She smiled so wide once again and nodded at me. Then she pointed at Dr. Lee and asked, “Can we bring Ma with us?”

“Of course”

“How about Dr. Park?”

“If they wanted to, they can always come with us”

She started jumping on her heels once again. “I love you…”

I chuckled as I kissed her dimple and whispered, “I love you too”

“Are you going somewhere?” Dr. Lee asked, grabbing our attention. “I thought you were still tired. Why are you up so early just to give our gifts to us?”

Wheein turned to Dr. Lee before she said, “Yongsun told me that the café where we first met got renovated. I wanted to see it so we’re going there to grab some coffee and breakfast there.” She let go of me to go to Dr. Lee and hugged her, which surprised Dr. Lee. “We’re going now”

“Right now?”

“Yeah…” Wheein went to Dr. Park next and gave her a hug as well. “I’m already hungry”

“Did you just really come here to give our gifts?”

“Yeah…”

“I thought you’ll be eating with us”

Wheein faced Dr. Lee again and said, “We’ll go to the house later for dinner. I’ll cook for us”

I raised my eyebrows, surprised by this. Dr. Lee looked at me, silently asking me if I planned this. I shook my head at her before we both looked at Wheein, amused by her. This is news to me. I never knew we’ll be doing this for today. She only said this morning that we’ll go to the hospital to give our gifts and eat breakfast outside. I didn’t know she had an elaborate plan already.

What surprised me the most is that we’ll be eating dinner at their house and she’ll be cooking for us. She never cooked unless she really had to. My fiancée’s a little bit lazy with things like this, especially with cooking when she cooks wonderfully. The fact that she volunteered without anyone of us requesting for her to cook was a miracle.

Someone must be in a very good mood.

Wheein turned to me and said, “Let’s go?”

“Okay. Let me say goodbye first”

I said goodbye to Dr. Lee and Dr. Park despite greeting them just a few minutes ago. I held Wheein’s hand again before we headed back to her car. Instead of heading to the passenger seat, I walked to the driver seat this time and climbed in, earning a pout from Wheein. I shut the door in front of her pouting face, forcing her to walk around the car to get to the passenger seat.

“Let me drive us this time” I said to her the moment she got in while I fastened my seatbelt.

“But it’s my car. I should be the one driving us”

“You’ve been the one driving us since we got back. I missed having to drive you around too.” I turned her car on and backed us out of the parking lot. “And besides, I’ve been wanting to drive your car” I admitted, winking at her while she just laughed at me.

I drove us to this café called Magnolia. It’s where Wheein and I first met. It’s where I broke her tablet and ruined her shirt. It’s the starting point when both of our lives changed.

Six years later after we broke up, Wheein and I met in a café again. But this time, in a different café. I broke her tablet and ruined her shirt once again. Although the second café brought us back together, it was in the first café that started everything for the two of us so the place held something special for us.

“Woah…” Wheein whispered beside me when we arrived at Magnolia. “It’s bigger already.” She leaned forward and glanced at the entire building. “Two storeys already”

“When we broke up, I used to drop by here all the time”

“Really?” Wheein asked in disbelief while I just smiled and nodded at her.

I unfastened my seatbelt and motioned for her to do the same so we could now get inside the café. I pocketed her keys and closed the door before I walked around the car to hold her hand. “I dropped by here everyday, grabbed some coffee, and then waited for an hour or more.” I opened the door and let her walk in first before I followed her inside. “I was here everyday hoping to see you even though I know you won’t show up or there’s a slim chance that you’d show up”

“You did that for six years?”

I nodded at her, softly laughing when she stopped walking to gasp so loud. I pinched her cheek and walked us to the counter. “I stopped when Chorong and Changsub were getting married because of how busy we were. Then Chorong got pregnant so I was busy helping them once again. After they gave birth to their son, I went back here and waited for you once again. The owner and the baristas already knew me because of it”

“I told you not to wait…” she mumbled, pouting at the floor as we headed to the counter.

“I just can’t, Wheein. I just don’t want to move on because I know you promised to be better and now you are”

“I was hoping that you’d wait for me even though I made you promise not to.” She looked at me despite how her face was blushing red already. “It was the only thing that made me not want to give up”

I smiled at her and she shyly smiled back. “That’s good to hear”

“Yongsun!”

We looked up to the cash register where I saw Moonbyul waving her hand at me and smiling at us. Hwasa, Moonbyul’s pregnant girlfriend, was walking out of the kitchen with her hand on her back as she was heading to the cash register. Moonbyul rushed to Hwasa right away and helped her walk to the cash register and sat her down on the stool there.

I turned to Wheein beside me who was eyeing the two baristas and me. “Let’s go. I’d like you to meet them”

“Them?” she nervously whispered. “Why? Who are they? Why do you have to introduce me to them?” she mumbled, getting even more nervous the more questions she threw at me.

I laughed at her flustered face because she looked cute when she gets confused and nervous at the same time. I squeezed her hand and walked us to the bar. I made her stand in front of me before I wrapped my arms around her waist.

“Yong…” she whispered while staring at Hwasa and Moonbyul who were smiling in front of us.

“Is this her?” Hwasa asked.

I nodded at the two of them before I smiled so proudly at Wheein. “Whee… This is Hwasa and Moonbyul” I pointed at the baristas. Then I clasped our hands together to help Wheein calm down. “This is Wheein. My fiancée. The one I’ve been waiting for all these years”

“Nice to meet you, Wheein” Hwasa said, reaching her hand to Wheein while Wheein immediately held it before they shook their hands.

“Nice to meet you too” she whispered before she turned to Moonbyul and shook her hand as well.

“Nice to finally meet you,” Moonbyul said. “She’s been waiting for a long time that we thought you’re something out of her imagination”

“For short, we thought she’s delusional and we don’t want to believe her” Hwasa said teasingly while I pouted at her, which she returned with a laugh. “I was just joking” she suddenly said, which made me instantly smile.

“Wait, did you say fiancée?” Moonbyul asked while Hwasa smacked her arm, making Moonbyul pout at her as she rubbed her arm.

“Where were you when she introduced her? Are you deaf?”

“That hurt…”

Hwasa sighed and leaned forward to kiss Moonbyul’s arm, which made Moonbyul smile right away. “Sorry…”

“That’s right. She’s my fiancée. She proposed during Christmas” I said, answering Moonbyul before I faced Wheein who was already smiling at me. “Are you hungry already?” I whispered while she nodded right away. “Why don’t you go find us a vacant seat and I’ll order for us?”

“Okay. I’m okay with anything, just grab me some chocolate chip cookies.” She kissed my shoulder before she whispered, “Mine.” Then she walked off to find seats for us.

I chuckled at her before I turned to Hwasa and Moonbyul to place our order. I paid for our order and waited a little bit for our order since Moonbyul said it wouldn't be long. I thanked Moonbyul and Hwasa before I lifted the tray with our food and drinks and went to look for Wheein.

She was sitting on one of the tables by the window, quietly humming to herself while drawing on the café tissue. Her legs were swinging under the table while she bobbed her head along the tune of what she was humming. She looked so cute and beautiful at the same time.

I placed the tray on the table before I sat on the chair beside Wheein that’s close by the window. She ate her chocolate chip cookie and finished it right away before she ate her sandwich. I silently laughed at her while eating my own sandwich and drinking my own coffee.

“Yong… Yong… Yong” she suddenly whispered with urgency while nudging on my arm, making me nervous because her voice sounded frantic.

I hurriedly swallowed my food before I turned to her and asked, “What?”

“Look!” she whisper-shouted, smiling at me as she pointed at something by the entrance of the café.

I relaxed when I saw the smile on her face. I thought something was wrong that I was one second from calling Dr. Lee if it was something terrible. When I caught what grabbed her attention and made her frantic, I sighed heavily and relaxed even more before I mentally rolled my eyes at myself for getting so scared.

Wina, the owner of Magnolia, was walking with her son, Yongjae. Yongjae is not her biological son but the son of her girlfriend, who is now her fiancée as Hwasa and Moonbyul told me. Yongjae was holding onto the leash of their dog while Wina was watching him closely with a proud smile on her face. They were walking slowly to match Yongjae’s pace. Even their dog was watching Yongjae closely.

“He’s so cute”

“Yeah, he is. He’s even holding the leash with both of his tiny hands”

Wheein suddenly turned to me and asked, “Were you talking about the baby? I was referring to the dog. The baby’s really cute too but I was talking about the dog first—”

“What?”

“I meant the dog. The baby is really cute but I was talking about the dog.” She turned to the three of them and nudged a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter