Appendix XLVII [AE]

Appendices [RS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: No proofread yet. Just wanted to release this for a friend who took an important exam today.

 

Wheein’s POV

 

“You have to stick with me all the time.”

“Afraid you’ll get jealous if I’ll dance with anyone?”

I glared at her, which she definitely enjoyed seeing how she’s laughing her heart out beside me.

“Why do you plan on dancing with anyone else on our honeymoon? Might I remind you that you’re the one who insisted on us spending time together.”

“Relax, Whee.” She cupped my cheeks while I pouted at her. She held my face close to hers and rubbed our noses together, which effectively washed the pout away. “I was just kidding. Of course, we’ll dance to our hearts content together.”

I nodded. “Yes. Remember that.”

She hugged my arm and pressed her cheek on my shoulder, snuggling. “Yes, Mrs. Jung.”

“That’s right.”

The strong wind coming from the beach side carried her giggles away from me. Though it didn’t change how it affected me and blossomed tingles down my belly. Almost two years in marriage and we’re laughing like teens on our first date.

“The most important rule, never accept any drink that’s not coming from me or the bartender themselves, okay?”

She smiled teasingly. “Why? Are you going to get jealous on that too, my love? Though I do not expect to attract others in the club other than my wife.”

“Not that. They might drop something on your drink.”

I had to stop walking when she almost stumbled on her own from the gasp she released upon what I said. I held her closer to me, thinking that she’s already drunk when she’s not allowed to drink yet.

“Oh, this is what I heard from Hyejin and Byul. They’d slip something on your drink.” She gasps once again and I find it adorable. She looks just like Yongjae. “I will be careful. You too, Whee.”

“I won’t be drinking much. Just wanted to make sure that you’ll enjoy tonight seeing that this is your first time. Are you excited?”

“Dancing with you? Of course!” Her face immediately contorted in a frown. “We never danced together, no?”

“On our wedding, we did.”

“But apart from that, no.”

“Then let’s dance to our hearts’ content tonight.”

“We shall.” She left me a peck, making us both giggle as we resumed walking.

We are finally able to achieve the long-awaited honeymoon that Yongsun has always wanted. It took such a long time to convince Yongjae that the trip is just for his mothers and not for all four of us, Yongkeey included. We miss the little guy every moment that we are away but we also enjoy having to spend time together.

Yongsun was right. We definitely need this. We didn’t exactly follow the natural steps of dating, falling in love, getting married, and having kids. It was a mess with us but it’s never too late to get to know each other more. Fall in love far deeper.

I married a woman in her thirties already, but since we left Korea, I’ve been witnessing the childlike nature of Yongsun. Her clumsiness is more obvious. She giggles on the most random things. It made her more youthful. It’s our little escape from all our responsibilities and just focus on each other.

I booked us a villa in Hawaii. It’s a little farther from Yongjae but this honeymoon serves other purposes too. So far, we have swam, walked around, ate out like we’re on a date, and of course, lots of nighttime activities as the missus wished.

From a distance, we could already hear music playing from the open club. Yongsun started dancing beside me and teasing me with her quirky smirks and moves. I held myself from laughing and just smiled at her.

“Dance with me, my love.”

“We’re not yet even at the club.”

She placed her arms around my shoulders and swayed her body while watching me seductively. “Anywhere is a dance floor, Whee.”

I looked past her at the club where a lot of the tourists and locals are going, then to my wife, my lovely, lovely wife. Maybe I can convince her…

I held her waist and pulled her closer. I dropped a kiss on the corner of her lips, barely touching them. “Then should we just dance here?”

“Hmm…”

To tempt her, I slowly glided my nose on her exposed shoulder. She’s been saying that she wanted to try clubbing together, but I couldn’t help but remember how tense Byulyi and I were from watching Hyejin dancing. Or those times that I caught Eric making out with someone else. It leaves a bad taste on my tongue just thinking about it..

With her index finger on my chin, she brought my face in front of her before giving me a wink. “Silly, don’t make me miss my first clubbing experience.” Then she strode off like a happy child as if she didn’t seduce her wife a moment ago. 

I huffed, smiling at her. The wind blows the hem of her dress, making her look goddess-like.

“Come on, Whee! We’re going to miss the fun!”

It broke me off from being in trance. I hurried to her side and held her hand once again.

Even at such an early time, there were already a lot of people sharing the dance floor. Some are just relaxing with their companions on the booths while others are calmly taking a drink by the bar.

Yongsun waited no time and dragged me to the dance floor. I’m not much of a dancer, unlike her and Hyejin, so I just stood close to her, bobbing my head to the beat of the music. I’d like to keep her close in case it gets crowded seeing that there are others taking the dance floor too.

“Let loose, Whee!” Yongsun said over the music.

I shyly shook my head no.

Yongsun was carefree. She’s breathtaking the way she lets her body move with the music. She laughs and giggles and spins round and round. She’s a force to take in. Makes me question how someone like me gets to be loved by her.

I must’ve looked like a creep with a stupid smile on my face standing close to her.

And she must’ve noticed how awkward I was for her to take my hands and lead the dance for us.

I leaned closer so she could hear me. “Are you having fun?”

She hugged me around my shoulders so she could talk close to my ears. “Yes! I love dancing with you!”

She did all the dancing but I’m glad she loves having me as her awkward partner.

It’s no surprise with how Yongsun is enjoying that a guy will eventually come to us and ask her out. A male foreigner, a tourist like us, in his thirties or late twenties maybe. He has his eyes on Yongsun and I’ve noticed him earlier but I paid no attention so Yongsun wouldn’t have a bad time.

We may barely understand or speak English but we get that he’s asking my wife for a dance.

With an easy smile, Yongsun shook her head. “My wife and I… we’re honeymoon.” She managed to speak.

I might’ve been pouting when the guy approached us but I’m surely smiling now.

Yongsun met my gaze and snuggled her face on my shoulder.

Thankfully, the guy politely apologized and left us.

“You’ve been dancing so hard. Shall we get a drink?” I asked.

“Yes. I think that’ll be wonderful.”

Getting drinks now seems like the perfect timing seeing how the dance floor is getting thicker than when we arrived. We managed to grab one vacant stool available by the bar. I let Yongsun sit while I stood beside her with one of my arms around her waist. Being in the club makes me a little bit protective but also, it’s to tell others who’re eyeing my wife that she’s already taken.

A female bartender approached us and asked for our order. “Hello, I'm Alex. Anything I can get you?”

“Old fashioned for me. No alcohol for this one.” I pointed at Yongsun.

“No alcohol…” Yongsun said with a pout.

Alex smiled sadly for her. “Any favorite mocktail?”

“Mojito.”

Alex then left us to make our drinks. Yongsun faced me, the pout was now replaced with a bright smile. She tucked a few strands of my hair behind my ear before cupping my cheeks.

“Don’t drink too much. We still have our appointment tomorrow.”

I kissed her palm. “Yes, mam.”

Alex came back with my drink first before making Yongsun’s. She suddenly said something which we didn’t catch given the cacophony of music and voices around us.

“Congratulations on your wedding!” she greeted.

Yongsun gasped, looking so surprised, while I got tongue-tied from my blush.

“Thank you,” Yongsun replied.

“Enjoying Hawaii on your honeymoon?”

“Yes!” Yongsun proudly said while I only nodded, feeling a little shy. “Very pretty. We… love the beach!”

“Everyone loves the beach.” She slid the finished drink to Yongsun. “It has been a favorite place for newlyweds.”

“Oh…”

“Enjoy your drinks. Please do call me if you need anything else.”

“Thank you.”

Yongsun then turned to me and asked, “How are we supposed to tell her that we’re not newlyweds anymore?”

She looked so innocent, so like our son, that a giggle bubbled out of me.

I leaned in and got myself a kiss. “It’s fine. It’s a bit hard to explain that in English.”

“You’re right.”

We grabbed our drinks to clink our glasses.

For the rest of the night, we stayed by the bar until we finished our drinks. Yongsun didn’t want to dance anymore, seeing that the dance floor was already full. We paid for our drinks, left our bartender a tip, and said good night before heading back to our villa.

Though she was discouraged to dance in the club, it didn’t mean that Yongsun didn’t want to dance anymore. Our walk back to the villa was full of laughter and tickles.

 

It’s hard to imagine how this angel-looking baby quietly sleeping beside me is such a wild missus at night. It must’ve been the side effects or maybe this honeymoon gave her a lot of energy. I sometimes could not keep up anymore.

From her cheeks, I gently glided my fingers to her collarbone and shoulders. Her white skin is now decorated with dark colors from my kisses. I should’ve been gentle despite her insisting otherwise.

I gave them soft kisses, quite opposite than last night, hoping that my kisses will also heal the bruises my lips left on her skin.

“Hmm…”

Lazy fingers combed through my hair and pulled me closer.

“I’m sorry.”

She sighed before she opened her eyes. And it seems like the world woke up as I met her hazel orbs.

“What for?”

“This.” I carefully caressed my fingers on her bruises.

She lazily smiled, cupping my cheek to wipe out my pout. “I think they’re pretty.”

“I do too but considering the situation, maybe we should slow down.”

She shook her head before bringing my face for a kiss.

I gathered her close to me and let her lay her head on my shoulders. “Go back to sleep. We still have time before our appointment.”

“I miss Yongjae…”

“Should we call him?”

“What time is it? Is he up now?”

I grabbed my phone on the bedside table and checked the time. “It’s already way past eight. He’s probably up now.”

Yongjae and Yongkeey are both currently staying with my parents in Jeonju. Yongsun’s mother is with them too to help the old people with Yongjae. Our son is usually up by seven, then he’ll have his breakfast and then take a bath, hopefully not in the pool. Yongkeey eats together with Yongjae, so they're probably together now.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter