Appendix XV [WL]

Appendices [RS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: I expected that I'll be able to finish this before August but it's August already and we're still here. To finish things faster, I'm not going to proofread this twice. I'll just go a round of proofreading and then release it starting this chapter. I apologize if there are a lot of errors but I hope you'll be able to understand them. Alright, thanks!

 

Kim Yongsun and her wife, Jung Wheein, were spotted out on a date

 

Kim Yongsun and her wife who is now a rising artist, Jung Wheein, were spotted going out on a casual date. Several eyewitnesses had seen the couple in a grocery store shopping. There were even fans of the artist and the KGC President that were able to take a picture with the couple.

On the same day, the couple was spotted next visiting Jung Wheein’s mother at the nursing home. Kim Dohoon, the KGC President’s father, was also spotted arriving at the facility a few minutes after the couple. The three stayed for almost two hours before they all walked out together and went into their separate ways.

Kim Yongsun was seen arguing with a Grocery Store Manager

 

Kim Yongsun and her wife, Jung Wheein, were spotted going out grocery shopping at a local grocery store. It was said that the rising artist, Jung Wheein, wanted to ride a grocery cart but was not allowed by the management. Kim Yongsun could be seen in a heated argument with the manager and has caused a ruckus among the customers in the grocery store. Kim Yongsun allegedly threatened the manager and even paid the owner to fire the manager. After the alleged threat and payment, the couple could be seen shopping after their request was granted by the management.

Rising Artist, Jung Wheein, rumored to comeback on the artist’s birthdate

 

There has been an on-going rumor that Jung Wheein will have her comeback on the date of her birthday. After the artist has been successfully releasing singles—“25”, “The Person I Keep Missing”, and “Moderato”—and songs from her collaborations with other artists and songwriters—“Shadow”, “Anymore”, “Shine On You”, “Da Ra Da”, and “Tear Drops”, the artist’s comeback is highly anticipated by many fans and the general public, especially with the on-going rumor. Jung Wheein was rumored to be finally releasing an album for her next comeback, allegedly on her birthdate. These speculations had been running wild, causing the artist’s fans to highly anticipate Jung Wheein’s next comeback despite having no announcements from Jung Wheein and her agency yet.

 

“We’re going grocery shopping today, right?”

This was the first thing that Yong said to me the moment we woke up. She returned my good morning with that question in her tired and husky voice.

We’d been very busy since I was a signed artist and Yong completely took over their company. We called. We texted. We still see each other before we head to work and when we go to sleep. But sometimes, I couldn’t go to Olympus anymore to bring her lunch. We couldn’t eat breakfast or dinner together but we made things work. Despite the exhaustion, we still managed to talk about our days until we’d fall asleep from exhaustion.

Since I told her that we’re running out of groceries, Yong has been reminding me about grocery shopping. She was so excited for this day that she kept telling me about it. She cleared a whole day just to spend her whole day with me.

I was excited for this day too. It was so rare that we’d be able to spend a whole day together. Even on weekends when it’s supposed to be Yong’s day off, she’d still be working. She’d either go to Olympus, visit their hotels, or go on photoshoots. Yong still manages to go on photoshoots after everything she’s been doing. That’s how amazing she is.

“I’m going to pay for today” I said as I pouted at Yong from the passenger seat. “You better not bring your wallet when we go out. Okay?”

She laughed as she squeezed my hand while I pouted harder. “I can pay”

“I can pay too” I argued, making her laugh louder. “I’m earning too. Let me spend money in the house already. You kept buying behind my back”

“That’s not going to stop”

“I know!” I sighed heavily while she only laughed at me. “I’m paying”

She lifted our intertwined hands to her lips and kissed my rings before she kissed the back of my hand. “Whatever you want, baby”

I immediately turned my head and looked outside, hiding my blush from her.

“You’re blushing”

“I’m not” I denied, gulping hard when the lie made me nervous. “I am” I softly whispered, taking back my lie right away. I felt her kiss my hand again as she softly chuckled from the driver seat. “Stop laughing”

“You’re so cute when you blush. How could I not laugh?”

I closed my eyes and groaned loudly when my blushing only worsened. I still could not get used to Yong’s compliments. Two years of being married and three years of knowing her, I would still blush so easily at how she’d casually throw compliments at me. She’s still intimidating but she’s been smiling a lot now so I was able to get rid of being so anxious around her.

“Are we buying groceries here?” I asked when Yong turned the car towards a large local grocery store.

“Yeah. Where else are you supposed to buy groceries?”

“I mentioned to you that I buy groceries at a local market, right? It’s way less expensive there and we could buy fresh fruits and meat there too”

“You did,” she said, releasing my hand to hold the wheel with both of her hands. “You said you and your Mom would go to a wet market.” She parked the car before she faced me, her eyes narrowing, “Do you still buy groceries there?”

“Yeah…”

“Well, it’s safer for us to buy here. If you think it’s really expensive here, let me just pay—”

“No” I said right away. I grabbed her bag and hid it in the glove box. “No” I said again while Yong just stared at me with an amused glint in her eyes. “You’re not paying. I told you I’m paying. You agreed already”

“Can I at least have my phone?”

I grabbed her bag from the glove box and fished her phone inside her bag. I passed the phone to her, closed the bag, and hid it inside the glove box again. “I’m paying”

“Okay…” she said, laughing at me as she pulled her keys out and unfastened her seatbelt.

We moved out of our car and headed towards the entrance. I raised my cap and pushed back my bangs before fixing my cap. Yong’s not wearing anything to cover her face. She didn’t wear any makeup though and just tied her hair in a bun. Other than my cap, I wasn’t wearing anything to cover my face either.

Hyemin, my manager, would always remind me to wear a mask or cover my face when I’m out by myself. I was never out by myself though because Yong would never let me out without Mr. Cho driving me to where I’m going. However, Yong said she doesn’t like it when I cover my face every time I’m with her. She already hates my cap. She hates the mask even more.

Yong and I went out one time and I abandoned my mask because I don’t want her to be mad. There were people who recognized us so easily. However, no one came forward to talk to me or take a picture with me unlike when I’m with my management team. I don’t need a management team and a security team when my wife would easily scare everyone by her glare. So Hyemin, instead of reminding me to cover my face, she’d just tell me to stay close to Yong.

I have no problem with that.

Yong reached to hold my hand but I released it almost immediately when I dashed towards the shopping carts. I pulled one out and smiled at Yong. “Can I push it?”

“You seriously left me just for a shopping cart”

I pouted at her and said, “I was going back to you.” I started jumping on my heels as I asked, “So… Can I push it?”

“Of course.” She giggled when she saw how excited I was. She placed her hand on my back and guided me inside the grocery store. “You never used these before?”

“I did but only to try it. Mom and I would always use the baskets, some stores have like this too, but we always use the baskets because we didn’t buy a lot. There’s only two of us. We don’t need a lot” I started to ramble while Yong just let me as I skipped our way inside. “I’ve seen kids riding in this one. I’ve always wanted to try that but we’re always afraid that we’d break it. We won’t have the money to replace it so we just used the basket ones. It looked really fun and I’ve always wanted to”

“This has enough strength to carry more than a kid’s weight. You could’ve rode in it without worrying” Yong explained, pulling me closer to her when the people around us recognized us right away.

I glanced at Yong beside me and bit my bottom lip to stop myself from smiling when I saw her glaring at people already. I kissed her shoulder to grab her attention. I smiled at her and her eyes immediately softened as she smiled back.

She poked my dimple as she asked, “Do you still want to try riding in the cart?”

I nodded right away but immediately pouted as I shook my head. “I don’t think I’m allowed inside. I’m already big, Yong”

“Hmm…” she hummed before she looked away. She went back to glaring at everyone.

I could see people eyeing us and being off-stage made things a little bit awkward for me. I bent my head low and let Yong lead me. I’m too shy and nervous to meet their gaze or even smile at them. Hyejin said that I’m already a celebrity so I should get used to having so much attention. I only wanted to sing. I don’t want their attention.

Yong suddenly stopped walking, causing me to stop moving. I held the cart close to me and glanced at Yong beside me. She was talking to a store staff member, who was already gulping hard by having to meet her intimidating gaze.

“Good morning, Miss Kim” the staff member greeted before he turned towards me and bowed at me as well. “Good morning, Miss Jung,” he nervously whispered. “How may I help you, mam?”

“Good morning” I whispered, bending my head low in a small bow.

“Can I talk to your manager?” Yong said, making the staff member even more nervous while I pouted at Yong.

I leaned closer to her and whispered, “Why do you need to talk to the manager?”

She only smiled at me and flicked the brim of my cap. I fixed it right away before I held the cart and pouted at Yong.

“Uhmm… I—Is there anything I could help you with before calling in our manager, mam?”

“I think it would be better if I speak to the manager,” Yong said. She’s not using that authoritative tone she uses when she’s at work but she’s not being soft and gentle like when she’s talking to me, our friends, and family either, which scared the staff member.

“I—Okay, mam. I’ll bring him right here.” The staff member hurriedly bowed to us before he went to look for his manager.

“What are you doing? You scared the guy” I whispered, pouting at her while she only smiled and winked at me. “Yong…”

“Don’t worry”

“I’m already worried. The guy almost peed on his pants. Stop scaring people”

“I wasn't,” she insisted. “It wasn’t my fault they’re scared of me, baby”

“Fine… but what do you need the manager for?”

She smiled so wide, showing me her dimples before she winked. “Surprise” she whispered teasingly before she chuckled when I pouted at me.

A guy suddenly stood in front of us and bowed at us, still heaving deep breaths like he ran to get to us right away. “Good morning, mam. A staff member told me that you wanted to talk to me.” He gulped hard and quickly wiped a sheen of sweat on his forehead before he quickly added, “I’m the manager”

“Good morning.” Yong reached a hand at him and the manager quickly took it as they shook hands. “I’m Kim Yongsun…”

“Yes, mam. I know you” the manager whispered under his breath.

“And this is my wife—”

“Jung Wheein. Yes, mam. I know her too. Nice to meet you both.” He suddenly gave me a small smile and whispered, “I’m a huge fan”

“Thank you” I mumbled, feeling myself blushing from nervousness.

“My wife here…” Yong said, grabbing the manager’s attention back to her. Yong was back to showing her serious face, effectively scaring the manager. “She wanted to ride the cart—”

“What?!” I exclaimed while my eyes widened from shock as I stared at Yong, unable to stop myself from raising my voice.

“She had never experienced this before…”

I tugged on Yong’s arm to stop her but she ignored me. I raised my hand up and tried to cover but she stopped me and just looked at the manager. “What are you doing?”

“I just want to ask permission…”

“No!” I exclaimed again and tried to push her away from the manager. She’s far stronger than me and has successfully countered all of my attempts. I turned to the manager who looked so confused and said, “Please don’t listen to her”

“Will it be okay if my wife could ride the cart as we shop?” Yong continued, chuckling at how fussy I was.

I turned to the manager and said, “Please no. Ignore what she said.” I held Yong’s hand and the cart handle. Then I started pulling her away from the manager because we’re starting a commotion for nothing. “Let’s just go and shop, Yong. You just wasted the manager’s time”

Yong held herself steady despite me pouring all my strength into dragging her away. “I’m sorry if it seems like I am wasting your time, sir. I just wanted to ask your permission. In case we break the cart, I promise to replace it”

“No. It’s okay, Miss Kim. You can do it. It’s okay if Miss Jung can ride the cart”

My ears perked up when I heard what the manager said despite my struggle in pulling Yong. “Really?!” I exclaimed, unconsciously stopping from pulling Yong as I stared at the manager in disbelief.

I felt a kiss on my cheek before I heard Yong whisper, “Baby, I thought you didn’t want to”

I instantly bent my head low from the blush that crept up to my face. The blush worsened when I heard Yong softly laughing beside me. I didn’t want to create a commotion so I wanted to stop Yong from asking the manager. But deep down, I really wanted to ride the cart. I think that would be fun.

“Thank you” Yong said, talking to the manager now.

“You’re welcome, Miss Kim. Anything else?”

“That’s all. Thank you again”

The manager walked away from us and went back to his work. And suddenly, my feet were off the ground and my body was tilted sideways. Yong lifted me so easily and placed me inside the cart. I wanted to protest but she did it so fast that all I ever did was hang my mouth open.

She stood in front of the cart with her phone in her hand. “Baby, smile”

I pouted instead and covered my face with the brim of my cap.

“Just one smile, Whee. Please…”

I shook my head and whispered, “No. Come on… You’re embarrassing me already”

“I’ll stop if you smile at the camera”

I closed my eyes and silently groaned while my neck and ears felt hot when the blush spread all over my face. I sighed heavily and looked at Yong, still pouting at the camera. I didn’t smile because it’s embarrassing and just pouted at her. She didn’t mind. She smiled so wide behind the camera.

“Come on…” I whispered exasperatedly.

“Okay, okay.” She pocketed her phone and walked behind the cart. She started pushing me in between the many shelves in the store. “You looked cute. I sent the picture to Dad, Hyejin, Byul, and Sodam”

“Why did you send it to all of them?” I whined.

“Because I know they’ll love it”

I closed my eyes and groaned while Yong giggled behind me. I was very conscious because of the number of eyes going in our direction. Yong noticed this and distracted me by letting me focus on grocery shopping. It was effective and I grew less conscious when my attention got shifted.

Soon after, our cart was already full. I had to bend my legs to give more room for our needs. I was also hugging a gallon of milk for myself and two of Yong’s wine bottles. The cart still seemed strong to hold me and all our groceries. Yong is also strong enough to still push the cart along the aisles.

When we were heading to the cashier, I started noticing the eyes going in our direction again. Yong headed to a counter with less people in and fell in line there. People had started to gather around us but so far, nobody dared to talk to us or walked closer. Yong decided to stand on the side of the cart to block me from their view.

“Are you okay?”

I tilted my head up to look at her and saw her worried eyes right on mine. I smiled at her and nodded my head so she wouldn’t worry. “Yup. How about you?”

“I’m fine as long as you are”

She stood up straight and surveyed her eyes around us. Her guards are up once again and even if it’s just the two of us, I know she has security somewhere blending among the customers. I knew this because Hyejin slipped once and I forced her to tell me more. I told Yong that I knew about it and she explained that it’s for our safety. She hid it so it wouldn’t feel so suffocating for me, which I deeply appreciated.

I held her hand and rubbed my thumb on her rings, hopefully to stop her from worrying. “We’re next, Yong” I said to her.

She pushed the cart close to the counter while the cashier was giving the current customer their change. She grabbed the wine bottles from my arms and placed them on the counter. Then we started piling all our groceries on the counter.

“Where can I find a Jung Wheein to put in my cart? I couldn’t find her in the aisles” some random customer shouted, making some of the customers laugh.

I looked at Yong and saw that it didn’t escape from her ears. Instead of being mad or something, she didn’t acknowledge it and just continued grabbing groceries from our cart.

“I wanted a Jung Wheein to put in my cart too!” A different voice said.

“Me too!” a couple of voices chorused.

I smiled when I saw a small smile on Yong’s face. At least she wasn’t mad at them. We always hear shouts, mostly from my fans. It would sometimes irritate her but she wouldn’t show it. I just know she’s irritated because I was getting really great at reading her.

“I have the privilege of only having you” she suddenly whispered, smiling at me while I smiled back. She suddenly grabbed her phone and took a picture of me. “That’s cute. I’m sending it to Dad”

“Let’s show it to Mom later too”

“Of course.” She giggled and turned the screen to me, showing me the photo. “See? Cute”

I was hugging the gallon of milk with both of my arms as I smiled so wide in the picture. My eyes were slightly shadowed from my cap, which highlighted my smile and my dimple.

“Let me take a picture of you too.” I grabbed my phone and smiled behind my phone when she smiled at the camera. “Done!” I placed my phone back in my bag and instantly tensed when we heard another voice from the crowd.

“I heard Jung Wheein only cost fifty thousand a month”

Everyone around us went quiet. I didn’t dare look for whoever owned the voice. It would be a waste of time. I wanted to focus on Yong.

My eyes wandered to Yong and saw how her eyebrows furrowed and jaw tensed. Even the woman behind the cashier got scared of Yong. I know she’s trying to ignore it so the situation won't worsen but I know she’s having a hard time as well. It really angers her if someone would insult anyone who’s close to her, especially me.

“Yong…” I whispered softly but she only directed a forced smile at me.

“I can afford more than fifty thousan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter