Appendix XLV [GA]

Appendices [RS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment the bell rings, Yongsun immediately stands up, grabs her bag, and Wheein’s bag when Wheein still has her things on her table. She promised a date for Wheein and she’s been looking forward to it since she told Wheein about it at lunch.

“Faster, Wheein.”

Byulyi laughs beside them. “Aren’t you too excited, Yongsun?”

“Your Mom says only until nine. I should be driving you back before nine and we don’t have much time.”

“It’s still five, unnie. And I can’t go if you won’t give me my bag back” Wheein says, laughing at Yongsun.

Yongsun sighs impatiently and rolls her eyes as she hands Wheein her bag again.

Byulyi suddenly places her arm around Yongsun and pulls her closer. “Hey, pro tip, Yong. Don’t knock up, Whee—ow!” Byulyi bends forward while holding onto her ribs. She glares at Yongsun. “That hurts!”

Yongsun hit Byulyi with her elbow. “The are you talking about?”

“No cursing, unnie, please,” Wheein reminded her.

Yongsun points at Byulyi who is still groaning from pain behind her. “She’s talking nonsense!”

“I’m just saying!” Byulyi shouts angrily at Yongsun. “Her mother won’t appreciate it if you bring her home knocked up.”

Yongsun is one step away from hitting her best friend but Wheein’s question stops her from doing so.

“What do you mean “knocked up?” Do you mean Yongsun-unnie will hit me? Yong-unnie never hit me, Byulyi-unnie.”

Yongsun covers Wheein’s ears before Byulyi can answer Wheein’s questions. She throws a glare at Byulyi and that effectively quiets Byulyi.

“Sorry” Byulyi whispers at Yongsun, giggling.

Yongsun breathes heavily, asking for patience, as she turns to face Wheein. She uncovers Wheein’s ears and asks, “Are you done? Should we go now?”

Wheein pouts at the obvious deviation but she lets it slide because Yongsun is taking her on a date. And she’s excited too. She’s never been on a date.

Yongsun carries Wheein’s bag and lets Wheein walk ahead of her, making sure to glare at Byulyi one more time.

“Have fun, kiddos!” Byulyi waves at them.

Only Wheein turns around to wave back at Byulyi. Yongsun is still annoyed at her best friend for teasing them. And with Wheein’s innocence, she doesn’t want to explain to Wheein what knocked up means.

“Where are you taking me, unnie?” Wheein asks the moment they are inside Yongsun’s car.

“You like the picnic the last time I took you out on a date.”

Wheein gasps, making Yongsun glance at her. “That was a date!?”

“Yes. Why else am I supposed to go to the trouble of picking you up?”

“But you said that’s because you owe me for the water.”

Yongsun gives Wheein a look that had Wheein laughing.

“Okay, okay. That’s a date. You should’ve said it was a date.”

“It’s pretty obvious! I said to your mother I’m taking you out!”

“But you also said that it’s because you owe me something.”

“And that’s why I’m taking you out on a date.”

Wheein hugs Yongsun’s arm, making Yongsun gulp. “Please let’s not argue on valentines, unnie. I’ve never been on a date before. A date that I’m aware it’s a date.”

Yongsun sighs and nods at Wheein. “Okay, I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry too. So we’re going on a picnic?”

“Yes. We’ll buy all the food you want to eat and then go on a picnic. Bring your flowers with you”

“No!” Wheein pouts at Yongsun. “It’ll make me shy.”

Yongsun wants everyone they’ll meet to know that Wheein’s hers but if Wheein won’t talk to her on their date then it won’t be worth it.

“Okay.”

“Also, unnie, we’ll share the payment.”

Yongsun glares at Wheein, which Wheein already expected. Wheein raises her hands to stop her from talking before Yongsun can even utter a single word..

“We share, okay?”

“No.”

“Unnie, it’s unfair for you.”

“I already made you pay the last time we went out. I won’t let you do that now.”

“I know you don’t want to but I don’t want you to be the only one paying. You can pay for the chicken and I’ll pay for the tteokbokki. How about that? We can share.”

“Not happening” Yongsun stubbornly disagrees.

“Unnie” Wheein whines at her.

“I’ll pay. End of discussion.”

“Mom told me not to make you pay for everything. It’s not right.”

“I’m taking you on a date. I should be the one paying.”

“Okay, how about this?” Wheein draws a breath, already exhausted in trying to convince Yongsun. “How about this, unnie, okay? I let you pay today but on the next date, I’ll pay for everything? I’ll even plan for everything like what you did for today.”

Yongsun wants to disagree. She doesn’t want to let Wheein pay. It just seems right for her to take Wheein out and pay for everything. But she also knows it’ll upset Wheein. The proposal also sounds fair.

“Okay.”

“Yes! Yehey!” Wheein bounces on her seat before she hugs Yongsun’s arm again. “Thank you, unnie!”

And for that, it makes agreeing worth it.

 

They’ve completed buying their food and drinks and are now on their way to the park. A lot of couples have also taken solitude in the soft grassy land by the river. Most of the couples are students like Yongsun and Wheein. Some even have tents with them.

Yongsun glances at Wheein beside her and sees Wheein bouncing on her toes as they walk together. There’s a huge smile on Wheein’s face while hugging the plastic bag that holds their food. Yongsun is carrying their blanket and pillows that she also asked her mother to bring together with the flowers.

“Are you happy?” she asks Wheein.

Wheein stops skipping to give her a big smile as she eagerly nods at her. “Yes, unnie.”

“When we’re working or when I have saved up, I’ll take you to fancy restaurants someday. We can have more delicious food.”

Wheein frowns at her and shakes her head defiantly. “This is fine, unnie. As long as we’re together, that’s fine.”

“Are you sure?”

Wheein is back to smiling as she nods at her. “As long as it’s with you, unnie.”

Yongsun looks away, feeling her cheeks heating up. Wheein, seeing Yongsun blushing, smiles to herself. She’d love to tease Yongsun but she doesn’t want them to argue, especially with Yongsun’s stubbornness. She holds herself back and just savor seeing Yongsun blushing.

They look for a place a little farther away from others. Yongsun lays the blanket before she helps Wheein with their food. Then they sit close to each other as they eat dinner. Yongsun gets to have the tteokbokki while Wheein gets the chicken. Sometimes, Yongsun feeds Wheein, loving when Wheein gets a little shy.

When they’re done, Wheein lays her head on Yongsun’s lap. It freezes Yongsun for a second before she relaxes and comb her fingers through Wheein’s hair.

“We’ll be graduating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter