Appendix XLIV [HP]

Appendices [RS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun’s POV

 

I could feel a pair of eyes staring at me even when I haven’t fully woken up yet. I know to whom those belong to. What made me unsure is there is an obvious lack of warmth beside me. Nobody to hug or hair to snuggle my nose to.

I slowly opened my eyes and discovered that indeed my girlfriend is gone. I searched the bedroom and found her occupying my work desk.

She’s hunched over her work tablet with her stylus pen in her hand. Her hair was in a messy ponytail. Her eyes still looked sleepy but they were sharp as she concentrated on her drawing. Her lips were slightly pouting and her eyebrows furrowed. Early in the morning and there’s already a crease in between her eyebrows.

“Good morning” I said but it seemed like I was talking to a brick wall.

She only continued drawing and this made me frown a little bit.

She released a heavy sigh as she inspected her drawing. Then she added a few before she nodded, seemingly satisfied.

As she glanced up to study me again, the crease and pout was gone. “Oh, you’re awake”

“I was a few seconds ago. I called but you’re way too busy”

“Sorry.” She smiled sheepishly as she lightly scratched her cheek.

“You woke up before me”

“I did”

“That’s a surprise. What are you doing, love?”

I was about to get up but she stopped me with a frantic shaking of her hands.

“Stay… Just for a few minutes. You can go back to sleep if you want. We don’t have work”

“Tell me what you’re doing first”

The pout was back again and even with the early morning haze, I could see the blush on her cheeks. “I’m drawing you, actually. I just need you to stay for a few minutes”

I snuggled back to bed, making her smile as she whispered her thanks. “You have to let me see that once you’re done”

“I know. I’m cooking you tteokbokki after this”

I playfully rolled my eyes before closing them to relax. “You’re just bribing me”

She giggled softly but never denied my accusation. “Stay still, jagiya”

I smiled at the endearment and watched her get busy.

She has said several times already that she wanted to draw me. She confessed this repeatedly every time we woke up beside each other. And this started even before we moved in together. She has always wanted to draw me but only did it now. Right now. Early in the morning when she usually whines when I unintentionally wake her up when I leave the bed to shower.

Wheein is a crybaby for sleep. She doesn’t like to wake up in the morning. She has told me before that she stayed in her bed the majority of her day off.

And I find that really appalling. There are so many things one could do to make her day. I kind of foresee this as a problem before we lived together. I am willing to sacrifice five minutes to extend our bedtime for her. I don’t want to force her out of bed if it’s not necessary too.

Surprisingly, I didn’t have to sacrifice at all because we somehow met each other halfway. I was just shocked one time that she was already in the kitchen cooking breakfast after I finished taking a shower one time. And I found myself taking it slow with productivity on my day off. I somehow love doing nothing at all with Wheein. Just sitting beside her, cuddling with her while watching TV, napping, or just chatting was already satisfying.

We somehow complement each other and I love that about us.

“I’m done, unnie”

I opened the blanket and patted her side of the bed. “Let me see”

She carried her tablet as she made her way back to bed while I propped the pillows so we could lean on them.

I got her trapped in my arms the moment she was in bed. I snuggled close and rested my head on her shoulder to look over her work.

The screen was still black as she tried to get comfortable. And she left it black as she cupped my cheek and gave me a kiss first. I smiled on her lips, chasing for one more that had her giggling.

“Good morning, unnie” she whispered.

“Morning, baby”

“Please don’t judge. I’m not sure if I did okay” she warned while I just laughed.

It’s ridiculous.

“I’m sure you did way more than okay”

Oh, the blush was satisfying. I had to kiss her cheek because she’s way too cute.

She turned her screen on and I caught the time on her lockscreen. It’s already seven and I’m usually out of bed and freshly showered at this time. But with Wheein, I don’t mind the time. It’s calmer this way. I’m not anxious either, frantic to get things done.

“What do you have in here?”

“I’m planning to paint on it so what I have right now is just the sketch”

Once her screen was unlocked, I was met with a cozy bedroom drawing. It’s a rough picture of our bedroom with our window open. And then there’s me, comfortably wrapped in our blanket with the crumpled sheets on her side of the bed. She really took a liking to my cheeks because it’s uncharacteristically fluffier on her drawing than what I think they actually are.

“You made me look cute,” I said, smiling at her drawing.

“I also did this”

She opened another tab and showed me a close up version of my sleeping face. The details of my face are much clearer in this. The cheeks aren’t as chubby as the previous drawing. A bit more realistic. My lashes, the pouting of my lips when I sleep, my messy hair, and my tiny mole were all there. She captured a prettier me in her eyes.

“Now, you made me prettier”

“You are cute and pretty, unnie”

I chuckled the blush away and kissed her cheek. “Thank you, baby. Can you give me a copy of them?”

She shook her head. “Once I’m done. I’ll paint on them first”

“Okay.” I hugged her closer and snuggled my face on her cheek, making her giggle. “We should shower now and then, breakfast. I’m hungry” I said while giving her kisses that tickled her. “You have a thing later with Hyejin, right? Hmm?”

I have pinned her on bed now and my kisses have traveled down to her neck. I can’t resist just being all over her. There’s just this unexplainable yearning that I feel towards my girlfriend. Or probably this is eagerness and attraction that aroused after our first intimate night. Now, I just can’t stop.

“Yes. And Byulyi-unnie said she’ll be joining us for breakfast because you have something too?”

I smacked a kiss on her cheek before leaning back. Her hands found their way to my cheeks, holding them endearingly.

“Why can’t we all just do our things together?”

“Because,” she squeezed my cheek, “we’re clingy and we act like it’s just the two of us”

“Because we’re in love” I said, smirking at her blush. “I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that”

“Which was why we kept forgetting we have something to do with our best friends. You promised Byulyi-unnie to help her with shopping furniture. And I promised Hyejin we go out together”

I pouted from disappointment.

She pulled my face down to kiss my pout. “Admit it unnie,” she whispered with our face still close, “you also miss your best friend”

I rubbed our noses together. “I do…”

“And besides, you promised to drop me and Hyejin to the mall. I’m also coming home to you”

I smiled at her last statement, unable to resist myself from giving her another kiss.

“We still get to spend time with each other”

I pressed my face on her neck and sighed from defeat. “Okay”

“Didn’t you say you have to shower already? Byulyi-unnie will be here anytime now”

I pulled away from her, leaving her with a kiss on her forehead before heading to the shower. “I’ll be fast so you can follow after me. Leave the setting of the table to me”

“Okay!”

 

“I’m going to text Hyejin that we’re heading to her apartment now,” Wheein said from the passenger seat when I sat in the driver seat.

“Okay.” As I started the engine, I glanced at the rear view mirror and asked, “Are we just choosing a couch, Byulyi?”

“And I’m buying a new oven like in your place. Yonghee-unnie said you bought it”

I reached over to hold Wheein’s hand as we headed to Hyejin’s place.

“Then we won’t be long.” I turned to Wheein and said, “We can join you for lunch”

“I’ll tell Hyejin”

“Will it be your treat, unnie?” Byulyi asked.

I could see Wheein holding back a smile at Byulyi’s question. “As long as you and Hyejin won’t complain how clingy we are, then yes, I’ll pay”

“Yes!” Byulyi exclaimed while my girlfriend giggled. “Convince Hyejin, Whee. Remember the buffet I told you about? We can eat there. It’s just in the mall you and Hyejin will go to”

I narrowed my eyes at Byulyi through the rearview mirror. That hamster really planned all of this. Hyejin might be in on this one. Or maybe Wheein too.

I glared at my girlfriend but she was busy texting Hyejin that she didn’t catch me glaring.

I parked by the driveway of Hyejin's apartment building. Hyejin was nowhere in sight so Wheein said she’d climb down to fetch her. She might be waiting in the lobby.

“Byulyi-unnie, you can take the passenger seat so Hyejin and I sit together in the backseat” Wheein said as she was getting out of the car.

“Are you sure? You didn’t want to sit beside Yongsun-unnie anymore?”

“It’s fine. I’ll be back, jagi”

“Don’t be out too long, baby. It’s already cold outside”

And she took off leaving a confused Byulyi.

I laughed at my best friend’s face and patted the passenger seat. “Come over”

She narrowed her eyes, doubtful. “Is this a test?”

“No, it’s not”

“I still remember you said that you both got jealous of me because I’m close to the two of you”

“Oh my god, Byul! We’re way over that. Wheein and I talked, okay? We both missed our best friends and we agreed that we won’t make this day only about us. I’d still be clingy to my girlfriend but we promised we won’t ignore you two. Now, come here. The kids will stay in the back”

After much convincing, Byulyi finally agreed to move from the backseat to the front. She rushed out and slammed the door in the backseat to get to the front. Once she fastened her seatbelt, she profusely rubbed her hands together in front of my car’s heater.

We have already entered winter and it’s still snowing outside. I don’t understand why my best friend wants to buy a couch and oven when it’s past Christmas eve already. But if that’s what she has to do, I guess I have no choice but to go with her.

“Did you spend Christmas with Wheein’s family?”

“Christmas eve with her family and then we had dinner during Christmas with my family”

“Now that you two have met each other’s family, what’s next? Marriage?” she asked, which she meant was a tease but what she didn’t know is that that was my intention.

“Yup. And as my best friend, you’re going to help me pick a ring later”

“What!?” She almost choked on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter