Appendix XXXII, pt. 2 [EH]

Appendices [RS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Crossover: Yonghae (The Twenty Sevenths)
I ran out of names for Wheein's characters for my other stories. In my main story for Resilia, I did use Gabby as reference to Wheein's character from Set Me Free and if I use that again for this chapter, it might get so confusing, especially that I'mprism Wheein has a personality named Gabby.

 

Boxes of brand new toys, gift wrappers, kid-friendly scissors, torn out papers, tapes, ribbons, and lots of torn out papers loitered our living room floor. The coffee table was pushed to the side to give room for the activity. Semester already ended in the university so I had no work while Wheein took the time off so all four of us could do this together.

I was quietly wrapping the gifts Taeyang bought for his Christmas wish. Or so what Nabi calls it, Operation Santa Tae. This was so cute and sweet of him. Makes me think that he’s already old to be this thoughtful.

But as I looked across from me, I’m reminded that he’s just our baby boy.

He’s draped all over his Mama’s back, giving Wheein a hard time to wrap gifts. He’d grab on Wheein’s hair, blow on her ears and climb on her back while asking his Mama so many questions.

Nabi wasn’t much help to his Mama. She and Taeyang would tickle Wheein just because they feel like being playful.

“Yong, help!” Wheein screamed desperately in between loud laughs.

I glanced up from the box of legos I was wrapping and saw Wheein already lying on the floor. Taeyang and Nabi were on top of her, pressing their weights on her as they continued to tickle their Mama.

“Tickle war!” Nabi shouted.

“Tickle war!” Taeyang followed.

And the living room was filled with their shouts and laughs.

“Yong!”

I chuckled at her as I shook my head disapprovingly. “Who started tickle war again?”

She only had a fraction of a second to frown at me before she started giggling again when the kids never stopped tickling their Mama. “Traitor!” Wheein screamed while I could only laugh.

After being able to take down their Mama in tickle war, it felt like they had enough fun already. “Alright… That’s it. You defeated your Mama already”

“Yehey!”

Nabi helped Taeyang off Wheein before they high-fived. They started jumping right beside an exhausted Wheein. Like a smack to her face that she lost the tickle war, a game she started since we only have Nabi.

By the obvious height difference, Nabi gets defeated all the time by her Mama. With Taeyang’s help now, they get to win over their Mama all the time.

“Congratulations. Now, help your Mama up” I said, earning a pout from my wife. “You brought this upon yourself, Whee. Don’t be sour and just accept your defeat” I teased, giggling at her messy hair, fluffy cheeks, and the ever present pout.

She sat up with the help of our kids and fixed her hair. “You never helped me,” she grumbled.

“I was never part of tickle war”

“Traitor…” She pouted at Nabi and Taeyang, sulking at the kids. “Make up for tickling Mama nonstop”

Taeyang was the first one to run to Wheein while still shouting, “Tickle war!” He gave her a tight hug, making Wheein laugh.

Nabi gave her Mama a kiss on her cheek before she resumed wrapping the gifts.

Wheein sat Taeyang in front of him and let him help her with wrapping gifts. She lets Taeyang hold the paper while she places the tape.

“What did you get for your sister this Christmas, Taeyang?”

“Tae hugs and kisses” our son proudly announced.

“He gave me a list that says Taeyang hugs and kisses and then unlimited in parenthesis. Mommy helped him do it” Nabi explained, smiling endearingly at her little brother.

Taeyang glanced up at his Mama and asked, “Mama kwismas gift?”

“You want to give me a gift?” Wheein asked while Taeyang just nodded at her.

After finishing wrapping the box of legos, I leaned back on the couch behind me and watched the three of them. There are only two left and Wheein and Nabi are working on it. Cleaning will happen after Wheein and Nabi is done, but for now, I can take a short rest.

Wheein beamed at Taeyang and hugged him tightly. “I already have my gift here”

I raised an eyebrow when I saw Nabi’s mischievous smile.

She unrolled a wrapper before moving towards her brother and Mama. She was already laughing before having done anything.

A classic Nabi with sleeves filled with tricks and mischief.

“Let’s wrap Mama’s Christmas gift then!” She used the wrapper she unrolled earlier and rolled it around Taeyang.

Her Mama jumped in on it and helped Nabi wrap her brother.

“No!”

Taeyang waved his arms around, tearing the wrapper. Nabi and Wheein still continued and used the torn paper.

Our house was once again filled with their laughter. I joined in too but my soft giggle was overpowered by theirs. It was fun to watch them.

“Hey, Tae.” Wheein picked up a torn paper before directing her gaze to Nabi. “Your sister is also a great gift to Mama.” She grinned at Nabi before going after Nabi this time.

“Nabi-ah!”

“Ah!” Nabi shrieked.

Taeyang caught up with what her Mama meant. He stood up and used the paper wrapped around him to go after his sister.

“Nabi gift!” he screamed.

Nabi tried to run away but her Mama caught her and let her sit on her lap.

“Where are you going, young lady? Taeyang still has to wrap you as my gift!” She locked Nabi in place while Nabi tried to get away by wildly kicking her legs. “Get her, Tae”

Taeyang shrieked and giggled as he buried her sister with torn out papers. “Nabi gift for Mama!”

Nabi gave up and just laughed along with her Mama and brother. Taeyang joined the hug by throwing himself to his sister. They laughed and I laughed, enjoying their playfulness in front of me.

Soon after, their laughter died down. They started whispering among each other and I watched them with a curious gaze. A hunch formed at the back of my mind before it solidified when all three of them watched me with teasing grins.

My smile dropped and I shook my head at them. “No. Taeyang… Nabi…” I whispered in a warning.

“Mommy’s a great gift for Mama too!”

Before I was able to stand up and get away from them, Nabi and Taeyang had already reached me. They were so fast! I raised my arms up to shield myself. Papers were already thrown towards me and wrapped around me.

“Mommy gift! Mommy gift!”

That’s Taeyang screaming on top of his lungs while still giggling.

“It’s your turn now, Mommy!”

And that’s Nabi, laughing so hard with her voice teasing me. She’s even encouraging Taeyang to put a ribbon around me.

“Ribbon!”

“No. Taeyang, no!”

A ribbon was thrown at me before I heard my baby boy’s giggle along with Nabi’s.

And somewhere with those giggles is my wife’s familiar giggle.

Taeyang grabbed his sister's hand as he started jumping on his heels. “Pee… Pee… Nabi, Tae pee”

Nabi instantly stopped wrapping paper around me and held her brother’s hand. They abandoned me as they headed to the bathroom.

I slouched and released a heavy sigh when it was all over. Then I glared at my wife, who was still giggling right across from me. “What are you laughing at?” I scolded, feigning anger.

“Nothing.” She stood up and walked the short distance between me and her position. She crouched down and grinned at me, her dimple teasing me even more. “Here, let me help” she whispered, still giggling as she removed Nabi and Taeyang’s work.

“I’ll be a great gift, huh?”

She chuckled as she nodded. “The greatest gift…”

“Greater than our kids?” I tilted my head, earning a quiet giggle from my wife. “I doubt that”

“One of the greatest then.” She kissed my forehead and placed a very light kiss on the tip of my nose. The gesture was so sweet and warm but her next words ruined it all. “I shall unwrap this gift later when the kids are asleep”

I smacked her arm, making her laugh. “Yah…”

She started cleaning up and spared a glance at me only to say, “I warned you. Better prepare later”

I followed suit and picked up all the wrapped gifts for Operation Santa Tae. “Why not say it in front of the kids later and let’s see if you’re still this brave, yeah?”

“I doubt you can do the same too”

“Tss… Arrogant cheeky doctor”

“Why, thank you, Dr. Jung”

I rolled my eyes at her while Wheein just laughed at me. A second later, I joined in and just couldn’t help but laugh. And then the kids ran to us and even when they had no idea why we’re laughing, they giggled along.

 

“Why don’t you stay over for lunch?” Yonghae asked.

I glanced at the kids outside in their backyard and then at my wristwatch. It’s already almost lunch and Taeyang and Nabi still have no plans to go. Despite the harsh coldness outside, the kids didn’t mind the moment they saw the playground.

Yonghae hopped off the stool by their counter and headed towards their kitchen. “Why don’t you help me? I don’t think those two want to go yet and we don’t mind having you over for lunch.” She chuckled at how distressed I was before she tipped her head to the kitchen. “I heard you and Nabi like tteokbokki, which is perfect because I love that too. My fiancée loves chicken and I heard Taeyang shout chicken a while ago. Maybe we can make those?”

I sighed defeatedly and hopped off the stool. “Let me handle the tteokbokki”

“Perfect. We can also open the Chardonnay you brought for us”

“Maybe a glass is fine if you really want to open it. I might replace Wheein for driving us around later if she gets tired”

“Sure”

We are at Yonghae’s place. This is our third stop for Operation Santa Tae. Yonghae and her fiancée moved out of their old place and now have a playground in the backyard. The moment the kids saw it, there was no point of return anymore.

Wheein and Yonghae’s fiancée faced the cold when they volunteered to watch over the kids. While Yonghae and I stayed inside to chat. I found out about the fallout of her relationship with her fiancée, which was something I could relate to because Wheein and I almost got divorced. But it’s a happy ending since they’re taking things slowly now.

She said her fiancée looks committed, more relaxed, and happier than before. She even built a playground for their future children but for now, they still have to deal with their wedding.

They came back in when we were almost done cooking. Wheein helped Nabi and Taeyang wash their hands while Yonghae’s fiancée set the table for everyone.

“Nabi… Taeyang… What are you supposed to say?” Wheein asked our children once we were seated.

Taeyang raised his arms up and shouted, “Chicken!”

“Bokki!” Nabi did the same but for a different reason.

This got everyone by the table laughing.

“No, baby.” Wheein brushed back Taeyan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter