Appendix XLVI [WL]

Appendices [RS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Wheein to hold her first world tour

 

Jung Wheein’s agency has finally announced the artist’s first ever world tour. The concert is packed with exciting performances that the artist prepared. Jung Wheein promises to showcase the range of her music and artistry in her first world tour. The setlist is composed of songs ranging from when Jung Wheein debuted to her latest full album.

Jung Wheein also promises to perform two songs that her fans have never seen before. The singer shyly admits that it’s a song that will shock all the audience. The concert kicks off a month from now.

 

It’s still a little early when we finished recording. Sun’s already set but I have not received any texts or calls from Yong asking about dinner or getting home. This only means one thing; she’s still stuck in her office working. I dialed her number as Hyemin and I headed for the car.

The air is still cold outside as winter is already ending and spring is entering in a flurry of freshness and calmness. Though my start of the year has been the exact opposite of calm with my schedules tightly lined up. Despite spring being my season, the coldness is still mean to me. I wrapped my jacket tighter and hurried my steps.

“Baby, you called?”

I smiled at the endearment. I buried myself deeper on my seat and closed my eyes as her voice wrapped me in an invisible blanket.

“Are you still at Olympus?”

“Yes. Finishing up already. I’ll be heading home in a few minutes.”

“I’d like to head there so we can have dinner together. Is that okay?”

“Of course!”

The excitement in her voice makes me smile even more. It gives me that boost of energy that wakes me up from exhaustion.

“Is it also okay if I’ll just grab dinner along the way? I don’t think I can cook for us tonight.”

“If you’re tired, you can just head home to take a rest already.”

“No… I’d like us to go home together.”

She chuckled softly. Nothing beats this as the best music to my ears.

“Okay. I’ll wait for you.”

“Okay. Bye, Yong. I love you.”

“I love you too, Whee.”

After hearing the beep, I clutched my phone to my chest and took a deep breath. I let my head roll to the side to look at my manager, too tired to even lift a muscle.

“Let’s drop by to buy dinner and then you can take me to Olympus” I said to Hyemin.

“Okay. You can sleep for now. What do you want to buy for Miss Kim’s dinner?”

“Tteokbokki” I answered without any hesitation. “She’s probably tired too, so ramyeon. She always craves that when she’s tired from work.”

“And you?”

“I’ll just have the same. Thank you, Hyemin.”

I drifted off to sleep almost immediately and only realized it when Hyemin woke me up upon our arrival at Olympus. She offered to help me carry my things and the food to Yong’s office but I declined it. I only told her to head home since we’ll have more scheduled tomorrow.

“Good evening, Miss Jung. Do you need help?” the guard greeted me.

Funny how they used to shoo me away from Olympus but instantly rushes to aid me now. It still makes me giggle now but we’re all okay. I understand that they were just doing their job and it was really Yong’s fault for not giving me proper instructions.

“It’s fine. I can handle it, sir.”

More employees offered to help me and I politely declined them all seeing how most of them were already heading home. Only when I was standing inside the elevator did I realize the number of bags and containers I was carrying. I could see on my reflection that I was drowned by the bags with me.

Unlike the ground level that’s almost empty of employees, the executive level is still bustling with secretaries from the different executives of Olympus. Nonetheless, they still greeted me with a quick bow upon seeing.

In Yong’s office though, the secretaries are already preparing to leave except for Hyejin who’s still stuck behind her computer. The seven secretaries were all smiles and teases at the sight of me. They’ve been sarcastically thanking me for giving them front row tickets for my upcoming concert. Little did they know that there is already a designated section for them, my friends, and family.

“Hello, Hyejin.”

My best friend responded with a playful scowl towards me. “Make her stop, Wheenie. I want to go home already. Make her stop please…” she whined.

I laughed at her but I sympathized with her too. I know Yong’s tendency of overworking and it’s really about time to pull her out.

“Don’t worry. I’ll make her stop. She has to take a rest. You both do.”

Hyejin then grinned at me and started packing as well, making me laugh at her. “You're the best! Tell her I’m heading out first.”

I winked at her. “I got you, Jinnie.”

I carried all the bags with one hand and knocked on Yong’s office door with my other hand. Without waiting for her, I gently pushed the door open and snuck my face inside, smile and dimple ready.

With the noise, she glanced up from her computer to look at me. She smiled instantly and her body sighed with her smile.

“Hey…”

I took that as my cue to enter further. “I got you tteokbokki and ramyeon.” I raised all the bags to show them to her.

“Tteokbokki?” Her face literally lit up at the word. And there’s nothing cuter than that.

Kim Yongsun, the fierce and scary president of Olympus, would fall over tteokbokki. No questions asked.

“Yes, so pack up now, Miss Kim, while I prepare our dinner.”

She threw me a playful glare with the name I called her. She hated it before but I think she slowly likes it now, especially when I . It still didn’t stop her from jumping out of her chair to engulf me in a hug.

“You came right in time, baby.”

I could hear the exhaustion in her voice so I held her close however I could with the bags still in my hands. “Are you hungry already?”

She nodded. “Hmm…”

“Give me a minute to prepare then we’ll have dinner. We’ll go home straight after this.”

She leaned back from the hug, frowning at me. “Let me finish a report. It’ll be quick.”

Before she could go back to her table, I cupped her cheek, effectively halting her movements. “I’m sure you can finish them tomorrow, Yong. Olympus won’t fall if their president takes a rest for now and continues tomorrow.”

I can see that a protest is about to come with how hard she stares at me and how tight she clenches her jaw. I try to ease her worries with a caress of my thumb on her cheek and slowly, she relaxes on my touch.

“You’re right. I’m sure you’re tired as well with all the preparations. I don’t want to hold you here longer with me while I work.”

“I’ll stay here with you if you wish to work more but I’m just worried, Yong.”

Giggling, she held my cheeks to place a kiss on my lips. “So am I with you, Whee.”

With one last kiss, she promised to call it a day while I finally prepared for our dinner. Once everything was set on the table in her office, Yong went straight away for the tteokbokki. I couldn’t hold myself from giggling at her reaction. Even she laughed at herself at being incapable of being discreet.

“How’s the preparation going? Any worries? Problems?”

I giggled softly as I said, “There are a lot of worries, of course. We never ran out of worries, especially with the concept we’re going for this concert.”

“What about it?”

“It’s different. Unexpected? And we’re focusing on performances for all of the songs I’m going to sing. I’m staying out of my instruments. Out of my comfort zone.”

“By full performances, you mean you’ll be dancing a lot?”

I nodded grimly.

“Then your fans will love it even more. The change was welcomed very warmly. I don’t think you need to worry about that.”

“I don’t know… I’m just worried.”

With an arm on my shoulders, Yong pulled me closer to her to press a kiss on my temple. “They love your range. And I know how particular you are with your performances. I’m confident you’ll be great, baby.”

“Okay… Thank you.”

Her words reassure me for a little bit. I’m just hoping I can pull it off. I have incorporated dances with my recent releases but I never held a concert where I was just all out dancing. I rely much on my instruments and sometimes hide behind them for comfort. To be rid of them for this concert is making me feel vulnerable.

“You’ll be there, right?” I asked my wife.

“At your concert?”

I nodded.

“You don’t need to ask that. I will be there watching you.”

Then I can draw confidence when I see her from the stage.

“Oh yeah… speaking of performance…”

Sensing the hesitation in my voice, Yong turned to face me and gave me her full attention. But with her full attention on me, I feel quite intimidated. Not because I’m still very shy around her but because of the subject I’m about to open.

“Why are you nervous?” she asked. She asked it so casually and yet, it made me even more nervous.

“I just wanted to ask you about something.” I cleared my throat first, buying myself some time. “There’s this song… The dance is quite… sensual.” It took me a second to say the word out. “When the choreographer showed it to me earlier, I want to know what you think about it.”

“You know I won’t stop you with your songs. Only if you’re uncomfortable. Are you?”

“I know, but that’s not my concern. I just want to know if you prefer if I dance it with the male dancers or the female dancers.”

She placed her chopsticks down before leaning back on the couch. She means business now.

“How sensual is this?”

“More than Trash.”

I zipped my lips then. I’m too nervous as I watch her think and let the gears in her head turn. It’s been something I wanted to ask her. I know that business is just business for her with all her dinner meetings and work is just work for me with my songs and performances. But we’re still married. There still has to be a boundary despite giving each other a lot of freedom when it comes to work. I don’t want to disrespect our vows and love for each other because of my career.

“Male dancers” she finally answered after some time.

“May I know why?”

She shrugged as she went back to her tteokbokki and ramyeon. “Just that I want to be the only woman you’re going to dance that for.”

I sighed in relief and was able to find myself smiling at her reason.

“You won’t be jealous?”

She shook her head.

I softly giggled at her manner of answering. “Really?” I asked. It sounded more like an a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter