Chapter 3

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thankful that her assistant whisked her to another location immediately, she avoided having the chance of meeting Jungkook again. Before she knew it, it was 9pm and she was back in the office organizing her thoughts for the interview in the afternoon with BTS.

Replaying the recording again, she couldn't help but stop at the parts where Jungkook spoke. His melodious yet deep voice and the way he enunciated his words - it just seemed so perfect to her even though his voice brought a pang to her chest. She found herself lingering over his solo picture which the photographer had sent over for the magazine - his doe-like eyes, perfectly chiseled jawline and waxed hair, she lost her focus again.

Frustrated at the effect he had on her with a mere photo, she decided that she couldn't focus anymore and was done for the night. Strolling down the streets of Hongdae, she wasn't ready to go home yet - she suddenly felt nostalgic and was undeniably reminded of the memories of her college days. Young and free with no worries, she recalled how Jungkook and her would run to the street vendors offering fun games for the kids, the store where they bought matching socks, and the bar which was the spark of everything.

"Junghyun, eomma will be a bit late tonight." She said guiltily into the phone - she needed to clear her thoughts badly and she knew going home wasn't the solution. The young girl replied in a sleepy voice, "Don't worry, Eomma. Halmeoni says you're busy at work and she's reading me my favourite book now. I'm going to sleep soon." Jihyun chuckled at the young girl's words, "Alright. I love you, Junghyun."

"I love you too, Eomma."

Entering "The Nook", she was greeted by the familiar lady in her mid-thirties wearing her iconic yellow dress. "Jihyun-ah!" The lady called out as she entered, and Jihyun was surprised she could still remember her. She had grown out her long hair and lost a couple of pounds as compared to her college days, but then again, the lady had superb memory. She could recall the orders of the entire group consisting of 20 people, and had never gotten anything wrong before. "Mrs Lee!" Jihyun responded happily as she embraced her in a hug. "I sound old, just call me Jina." She chuckled while Jihyun nodded.

"I haven't seen you in so long! Jungkook always came here alone." She chuckled and Jihyun was surprised, "He still comes here?" She asked curiously and Jina raised her eyebrows, "You didn't know?"

"Well, I guess I don't know much about him anymore." She said sullenly and Jina noticed the drop in her tone. Changing the topic immediately, Jina offered her a drink on the house in hopes to brighten her mood. "Come on, it's been a while." True to her reputation, Jina didn't forget her usual order. Skillfully making Jihyun's favourite lychee martini, she was delighted to know that the taste had not changed even after so many years. The bar wasn't crowded, and her eyes landed on a secluded booth which held so many memories.

--Flashback--

It was another night at their favourite bar, the both of them had gathered in The Nook to drink the night away. Dunking down her third shot of the night, she raised her head groggily and saw a silhouette of a gorgeous boy sitting opposite her. Smiling dumbly, she put out her hands and squeezed his cheeks while he placed his hands on hers, "There she goes again." He sighed as crossed the table to sit beside her. "Snap out of it, Kim Jihyun!" Jungkook said as her head bobbed up and down dangerously.

"I'm awake!" She jolted up and smiled at him. The feeling of his body close to hers ignited a desire in her - she wasn't drunk and she knew it, but whether it was the influence of alcohol or the intense feeling of having a crush on him for the longest time, it gave her 30 seconds of insane courage to do something she never thought she would do.

"Let's go home, Ji." Sighing audibly, he knew that he had to take care of her for the night again. Instead, she continued, "Kook, can I ask you something?" She asked softly and he nodded, "Yeah?"

"What if I told you that I'm in love with you?" She whispered and he snapped his head towards her, "What?" "I'm tired of just being your best friend, I want to be your partner in life. I want to be the one you share your joys and sorrows with, the one you think about sharing your tteokbokki with when you're at ahjumma's store, the one who you sing to and the inspiration to all the songs that you have written. I just want to be the one who makes you happy! So now tell me, how do you feel-"

Before she could continue, she got her answer. His lips were on hers and she leaned in to the kiss. It was the best night of her life and the beginning of everything.

Smiling at the bittersweet memory, she took another sip of her martini before the lights went off in the audience, leaving only the spotlight on stage.

Focusing her attention on stage, she saw a man wearing a mask and a bucket cap dressed in black come onto the stage. "This song is dedicated to someone whom I've loved and lost. This song talks about the feelings of being in an intense state of happiness as I recall all the sweet memories when I was with her. Thank you for being you, you'll always be the inspiration to all my songs. I present to you, "Euphoria."

As soon as a sweet-sounding voice started singing, she gasped audibly. She could recognize that voice anywhere.

You are the sunlight that rose again in my life

A reincarnation of my childhood dreams

I don't know what these emotions are 

Am I still dreaming?

These lyrics.

--Flashback--

I can't believe you have been in love with me since high school. Jungkook teased while Jihyun pouted, "Hey! You've been in love with me since middle school!"

"Well, you still confessed first." He laughed while she gave him a light punch, "You were taking forever!"

She was his sunshine. She always had the ability to make him laugh and smile no matter how low he was feeling, and that was one of her most endearing traits. "Thank you, babe." He said all of a sudden and she gave him her signature eye smile, "For what?"

It hadn't been the best year for Jungkook. He had faced countless rejections from all the auditions he went to, and his dream of becoming a singer felt so far away. Yet time and again, Jihyun never failed to cheer him up and constantly encouraged him to pursue his dreams by being there for him. "For being the sunlight in my life that brings me out of my dark moments whenever I'm faced with difficulties in my life."

"Hey, write that down! I sound so noble, being the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter