Chapter 4

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days passed by in a blur.

She busied herself with settling in, registering Junghyun at a new school and ferried her to school every morning. At work, she tried to focus on her new job. It felt like landing in Vogue New York again six years ago - foreign, scared, yet excited to step out of her comfort zone.

At least one good thing happened out of this - the interview was extremely well-received by the public and reporters, which led Jihyun to attain other opportunities to interview other celebrities and visit other photoshoots for Vogue.

"Congratulations on the great results of your first interview, Jihyun!" She received a notification on her phone from a contact which read "Jihyun's Counselling Centre." Confused over the contact name, she decided to call the number.

"Hello? Sorry to bother, but may I know who you are? I have your contact but I don't seem to remember saving it as "Jihyun's Counselling Centre." She asked and heard a deep chuckle coming from the other end, "It's me, Jihyun." The voice said and she cocked her head in confusion, "And... you are?" She questioned again and he cleared his throat, "I'm going to get upset if you still don't recognize me this time."

Ah! Taehyung!

"Ah yes, Taehyung! Sorry I couldn't recognize you because you decided to save your contact name in a peculiar way." She teased while he snickered, "Well, you didn't call me, so I thought you might be busy. True enough, I woke up to news today that our interview became one of Vogue's most popular interviews thanks to you." He stated while she shook her head, "Nah, it became popular because you guys were in it."

"If that's the case, shouldn't I deserve a meal in exchange?" He joked, not expecting her to agree. "Sure, how about tomorrow?" She asked and he was slightly taken aback, "You're free?"

"That should be my question to you, Mr. Superstar." She chortled while he rolled her eyes, as if she could see his action, "Anything for you, Miss Kim Jihyun." He said as they both laughed.

"Send your address over, I'll pick you up at 11am." He said while she agreed, "See you tomorrow, Taehyung."

Despite her efforts to stay distracted in the day, she couldn't help but feel lonely and upset when it came to night time. Even though she tried to busy herself with Junghyun and have video calls with her friends in the States, she still spent most of her nights her old wounds and being upset over things which she thought she had gotten over after putting Junghyun to sleep. It was truly suffocating.

She needed someone to talk to, and Taehyung's call was extremely timely.

On the other hand, Taehyung had been thinking of contacting her for days. He spent the days typing and deleting his messages in the text box. Seeing Jihyun was a pleasant surprise to him.

Despite all the years that had passed and the few girls he had dated, he knew he always had a soft spot for Jihyun. Glancing at the bear keychain that he had kept over the years, he felt t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter