Chapter 2

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After what seemed like an hour, the interview finally ended, and all she wanted to do was to get out of the room immediately as she couldn't stand being in the same space as him. However, she was stopped by a hand pulling her back. Glancing up from her script, the blue-haired boy was smiling widely at her.

"Hi Jihyun, do you remember me?" V said excitedly and she cocked her head in confusion, "Yeah, you're V and we just met?"

"No, like way before!" He asked impatiently while showcasing his boxy smile as she stared at him intently. Looking at his name tag and iconic boxy smile, it suddenly dawned on her who he was. "Wait, did you used to go to Seoul College?! We were in the same class, weren't we?" She asked and he nodded quickly, "Yes, we were!"

--Flashback--

It was Taehyung's first day at college in Seoul. He had lived in the countryside of Daegu for his whole life, and the only reason he's in Seoul was because he was accepted into Big Hit Entertainment as a trainee, and Big Hit was paying for his college. Glancing at the students who were decked in expensive clothes and branded bags, he clutched onto his old bag and worn out sneakers - extremely conscious of how he would fit in with the rest.

True enough, when he entered the classroom, everyone seemed to know each other and were seated in groups and cliques. He sat alone on the side of the classroom, slowly taking out his notebook and pen to get ready for class while the rest of the students had their shiny laptops to take notes on.

Right before the class started, a brown long-haired girl came huffing and panting into the class. She side-eyed a couple of classmates who seemed like her friends in a corner, and pouted when she saw the seats were full. With the only seat left beside a brown-haired boy in glasses, she took her seat beside the new boy and he jumped up in shock.

"Hi, I'm Jihyun! Are you new?" She put out her hand but the boy remained silent as he turned back to the front. He didn't know how to talk to people, let alone a beautiful girl. Besides, his goal of coming to Seoul was to debut, not to make friends. "Okay..." He heard her say as she retracted her hand awkwardly.

When the class started, Jihyun could tell that the boy was struggling to keep up because it was his first class. He was trying to pen down his notes, but the professor was speaking too quickly. After the class, despite him being unfriendly at first, she still decided to approach him. "You alright there?" She asked as he scratched his head in confusion while staring at the notes.

"Uhm..." He stuttered and Jihyun chuckled when he saw cancellations of writing on his page. "Come on, I'll help you!" She offered but her friends called out to her. "No, your friends are waiting, go ahead!" He rejected and she pondered over for a moment before shaking her head, "You guys go ahead first, I'll be right there!" She called out to them before they left.

She spent the rest of the three hours lunch break teaching him what he had missed since he was new, and he was honestly taken aback at how kind the girl was. "Wow.. Thanks so much! Let me treat you to a meal or something." He offered after she taught him so much. "No way! I didn't do this to be rewarded." She laughed loudly. He couldn't help but be surprised. Most people he met had wanted something from him in return, but this girl, she didn't ask for anything at all. "Hmm, actually, there is something I want."

"Ah, they're all the same." He muttered to himself and shook his head, but she didn't seem to have caught that. "Let's be friends!" She stuck out her hand and he widened her eyes, "That's all you want?"

"Yeah, your friendship would be the most precious thing you can give me!" She beamed widely. She knew how hard it was to be the "new person", and she remembered how shy she was when she first came in. Her current friends extended her kindness, and she wanted to do the same to others as well.

"I'm Kim Taehyung." He shook her hand with a small smile. "Welcome to Seoul College!" She smiled warmly.

"Ah, Kim Taehyung!" She widened her eyes at the sudden realization and he laughed loudly, "I've missed you so much!" He said as he enveloped her into a hug. He had recognized her the moment he entered the room - she was still as beautiful as before. Still with the long flowy brown hair and twinkling eye smile, he could never have forgotten his first friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter