Chapter 13

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She woke up the next morning with a splitting headache and swollen eyes, barely remembering what happened the night before except for the fact that she got crazily drunk at The Nook.

When she got downstairs to the living room, her mother was waiting for her with a bowl of her favourite soup while Junghyun shouted excitedly when she saw her, “Eomma!”

Giving her a small smile, she settled on the seat next to Junghyun. “Did you sleep well last night, Junghyun?” She asked in a hoarse voice and Junghyun nodded her head happily, “Halmeoni watched cartoons with me last night!” She said as she took a bite of her food.

“Sorry about yesterday, mom.” She said as she took a small sip of the soup, unable to work up an appetite after all the alcohol last night. Her mother shook her head in response and caressed the girl’s hair. “Are you okay?” She asked and Jihyun hesitated, she wasn’t okay, but she knew that her mother already knew that.

“How did I get home last night?” She asked and her mother breathed deeply before continuing, “Jungkook sent you back.”

She dropped her spoon in shock. “What?”

“You don’t remember? I’m not sure what happened but he carried you home, Jihyun.” She explained and Jihyun slapped her head hard while furrowing her eyebrows - that was not supposed to happen at all.

As she tried to recall the memories of last night, the last thing she remembered was falling onto the bar counter and hearing Jungkook’s faint voice from afar - she thought she had been dreaming, but it was real. Then, memories of confessing loudly to him on the reason why she was back in Seoul came rushing back to her - she pinched her eyebrows together in embarrassment and slapped her head harder this time.

“I’m not going to ask what happened, but please, all I want is for you to be happy.” Her mother said as she placed a comforting hand on Jihyun’s, and tears blurred her vision immediately. “Thanks mom. You’re honestly the best.”

“But I do think you should talk things out with Jungkook. Even if it ends badly, at least get a closure so you can move on with your life.” She said with firmness in her voice, and a little voice in Jihyun told her that her mother was right. She needed closure, and she needed answers from Jungkook.

“I want to see Uncle Jungkook!” Junghyun said when she heard his name and Jihyun merely patted her head, “Uncle Jungkook’s busy, Junghyun. We’ll see him soon, okay?” She assured, but she herself wasn’t sure if she would be able to face him.

Before she could continue with her meal, her phone rang and a familiar contact name had come up. “Hi Tae.” She was happy to see Taehyung, but not in her current state. She knew he had noticed something was wrong through the video call - her swollen eyes were hard to miss.

“Why are your eyes swollen, Jihyun?” He asked and the girl merely shook her head, “I was watching a sad movie so I cried all night.”

“Don’t lie to me, Ji.” He said sternly and she continued shaking her head with a small smile, “Nothing happened, Tae.”

“Then why did I have to hear from Jin and not you that you’re back in Seoul?” He asked with raised eyebrows, and she bit her lips nervously. “We just came back yesterday.” She said slowly and Taehyung continued, “And you just decided to come back all of a sudden?” He asked curiously while she shook her head, “Well, I wanted to solve some issues in Seoul. But it turned out there was no need for that anymore.” She said with quivering lips and he noticed that the girl was about to cry.

“Tell me what happened, Ji.” He reassured and she shook her head, unable to speak.

“Hi Uncle Tae Tae!” Junghyun interjected and the boy smiled involuntarily, “Hey pumpkin. How are you?” He asked and Jihyun was silently thankful that she didn’t have to explain the situation.

“I missed you, Uncle Tae Tae!” She pouted and Taehyung chuckled, “I missed you too.”

“Are you going to come see us soon?” She asked and Taehyung looked to the side and Jihyun could see him whispering something to a man as he nodded. “I can visit you today if your eomma is okay with it.”

Shucks.

“Eomma, I want to meet Uncle Tae Tae! He can join us for cartoons, right?” She asked in a sweet voice and Jihyun mentally smacked herself. “Uncle Tae Tae is busy today, right?” She asked with raised eyebrows and Taehyung replied smugly, “I’m not. In fact, it just so happened that I have a free day today.”

“See!” Junghyun said firmly as she crossed her arms.

“Fine. I’ll see you later, Tae.” She rolled her eyes and the boy smiled, “See you later, Ji. Wait for me, Junghyun!”

Her mother had opted to go out to give her privacy with Taehyung for the day. After an hour, he showed up at the door with a huge bag of food and a couple of soft toys for the girl.

“You spoil her too much, Tae.” Jihyun whined as he handed the presents to the young girl, making her cheer in excitement as she hugged them before wrapping her small arms around the boy. “Thank you Uncle Tae Tae!”

When Junghyun was immersed in her cartoons and the presents, Taehyung took the opportunity to talk to Jihyun.

“I want to hear everything, Ji. Tell me what happened.”

“I’ll tell you, but you have to promise me you cannot tell anyone else.” She warned while he nodded reluctantly.

She began to tell the story which she had told Miyoung and Sooyoung, but to Taehyung this time. Even though he already knew, a sinking feeling pitted in his guts as Jihyun confirmed the boy she had been dating in college had been Jungkook a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter