Chapter 8

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed by quickly, and Jihyun was packing up and getting ready for her trip to New York. Her schedule was jam-packed with photoshoots and interviews, none with BTS thankfully.

Taehyung had texted her after the concert and they had continued talking since then, but she refused to reply to any of Jungkook’s text messages. He had asked to meet up several times, but every single time she had ignored them, knowing that she couldn’t handle herself in his presence.

“What are you up to today?” Taehyung asked as the girl picked up the phone. He instinctively smiled when her face appeared on the screen.

“I’m packing my bags for my trip tomorrow.” She stated casually and he widened his eyes in surprise, peering at the back of her shoulders where heaps of clothes laid. “Where are you going?” He looked alarmed and she noticed it. “Did I not tell you that I was going to New York for an important photoshoot tomorrow?” She hesitated softly and he narrowed his eyes at the screen, “Yah! We were supposed to go out on Wednesday for ice cream with Junghyun!”

“Ah shucks, I’m so sorry, Tae! My schedule was so packed this week I totally forgot!” She smacked her head guiltily and Taehyung shook his head, “You’re still a scatterbrain.”

“I’ll make it up to you when I’m back!” She stated and he nodded, “Alright, what time is your flight?”

“Red-eye flight, Tuesday morning at 3am.” She said as she glanced at the text message again. “And when will you be back?” He asked and she hesitated. “I’m not sure.” She said and he raised his eyebrows, “What do you mean?”

“I’m thinking of staying in New York for a bit. Perhaps a week or two? I'm not sure. I have a bit of annual leave to clear, might as well use it.” She said and he paused, “Is Junghyun going with you?” He asked and she nodded, “Yeah, I’m thinking of bringing her along because the school holidays are here and my mum’s going to the countryside with some of her friends.” She shrugged and he nodded, “Okay, as long as you guys come back.”

He had grown attached to the young girl, and Jihyun had noticed as well as she sent cute antics of Junghyun to Taehyung sometimes - causing the boy to laugh at his screen from time to time.

She pursed her lips before nodding her head. She didn’t know whether she wanted to stay in this city. “I’ll see you then.”

--

Lugging the black luggage to the check-in counter, she walked aimlessly around the airport with Junghyun before glancing at her watch. Time to go home.

They arrived at the boarding gate, and she was silently thankful that Mina had pampered them with business-class seats for the long haul flight. With no transits in between, they definitely needed a comfortable space to sleep in and she settled Junghyun on the seat before drifting off to sleep.

They both slept through the 11 hours, without realizing that someone had settled down in the opposite aisle. With only two hours left to the destination, she woke a sleeping Junghyun up to have breakfast before their touchdown at JFK airport.

Glancing over to her right, she saw a black hooded guy sitting across her, with red-hair peeking out of the hood. He seemed to notice that she was looking, and turned to face her completely. She dropped her fork in shock when she saw his face.

“Jungkook?!” She whispered in shock when she saw him taking off his headphones. He didn’t say a word and merely gave a shy smile. “What the  are you doing here?” She narrowed her eyebrows and he looked everywhere but at her, “I.. I have some relatives to visit in New York.” He lied and she saw right through him. “You were born in Busan.”

“I have family in New York.” He stated and she raised her eyebrows, “I know your whole family, Jungkook.”

“My brother married someone from New York!” He said hastily and Jihyun let out a soft chuckle, “I didn’t know Minhee was American.” He blushed crimson red at her comment.

“What’s going on?” She asked softly and he cast his eyes down to the ground. “I overheard your conversation with Taehyung.” That was yesterday.

“And you decided to follow me to New York on a whim?” She asked and he nodded. “I had to do something. Jihyun, I haven’t stopped thinking about you the moment you came back, and when I heard that you were leaving again with no fixed return date, I was so afraid that I wouldn’t be able to find you again.”

“You tried finding me?” She asked in surprise and he nodded, “Whenever we went to New York for work, I tried to visit possible places to find you. I didn’t know where exactly you were because your mum refused to reveal it, but I knew it was New York because she slipped up to my mum once.”

Her heart slightly warmed at the thought of him making the effort to find her when she left, but it hardened again when she remembered what he had done. The truth was, he didn’t have to find her if he hadn’t done that in the first place.

“This doesn’t change anything, we’ll go our separate ways once we arrive in New York.” She said harshly and she could tell that he was disappointed, but she wasn’t ready to forgive him just yet. “Okay.” He whispered softly and looked at her, she had already turned her attention to cutting up the pancakes for Junghyun. He peered over at the young girl as she continued looking at the TV screen with wide doe-like eyes, unaware of his presence in the cabin at all.

True to her words, he watched as she exited the passenger seat with Junghyun in her hands and acted as if she didn’t know him. Crestfallen, he took his haversack which he packed quickly due to the short notice time - he had asked his manager to book the flight the moment he heard that she was travelling, and thankfully his manager didn’t ask anything else as he didn’t have any schedules. He had pulled connections and he finally got the seat across from her, but his manager strictly said that he had to be back within a week.

He had one week, one week to change her heart. But before he could start, he was already off to a bad start.

Glancing at the English signs, he didn’t know where to go. He asked for help in his broken English, but no one could understand what he meant and merely gave him an apologetic look before walking away. Great, he was lost on his very first day in the airport.

Little did he know, there were eyes on him the whole time. A bunch of girls quickly approached him and surrounded him before screaming, attracting stares in the airport. “Jungkook oppa!” They continued to shout and crowd around him, leaving no room to escape.

It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter