Chapter 12

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once she finished reading the note, the two girls ran towards her and pulled her into their chests as she sobbed into their shoulders. This time, she wasn't crying alone because her friends were here for her.

Junghyun waded over with suspicious eyes, and joined in the hug as well, giving soft pats on Jihyun's head. "Eomma, don't cry..." She said while patting her mother's head, earning a soft chuckle from the girl as she pulled her daughter into her arms.

"This ..." She managed to say it through her hitched breaths as tears continued to fall from her face. Thankfully, she had managed to convince Junghyun that she wasn't crying anymore for a split moment as Sooyoung distracted her with cartoons.

Wiping her tears away, Miyoung spoke all of a sudden, "Ji, do you still love him? Tell us the truth."

Heck yes, of course she still loved him.

She nodded her head and both girls let out a small smile in return as Sooyoung rejoined the group. "Then what's stopping you?" She asked and Jihyun calmed down, "He broke my heart before. I'm not sure I'm ready to be vulnerable enough to give it back to him." She said softly. This time, Miyoung spoke.

"Ji... I don't agree with him cheating, not at all. But I saw the look in his eyes, he still loves you, Ji. And I have never seen you smile so widely in the last six years, not as much as you did with him. Please don't deprive yourself of a chance to be happy just because you're afraid of getting hurt again." She said.

"And think about Junghyun, don't you want her to have a complete and happy family? She seems completely at ease with Jungkook and I'm sure he has made his sentiments clear with the note he gave you."

Jihyun processed her thoughts before speaking, "What if he really does break my heart again?"

"Then we're flying to Korea to beat his up." Sooyoung said sternly and Jihyun let out a soft chuckle. "We want to see you happy, Ji. Tell him how you really feel and work out those inner demons with him, don't run away anymore. You've wasted all these time running and pushing him away, why not try solving this issue between you two if you still want him in your life?" Miyoung said firmly as she held onto her hands, providing comfort to the girl.

She didn't speak, and Sooyoung continued, "Miyoung's right. Do you still want to see Jeon Jungkook in your life in future?"

Jihyun nodded firmly. "Of course... It has always been him." The two girls smiled, she was finally starting to open up.

"What should I do now?" Jihyun asked and Miyoung showed her the lit screen of a travel website filled with flight details from JFK to Seoul. "Book a flight, you need to go back to Seoul."

--

"Are you going to be okay?" Sooyoung asked as the group gathered at the entrance of the departure gate. Last night was a complete whirlwind. Jungkook had barely left for 24 hours, and Jihyun did something she never thought she would do - she booked the next flight back to Seoul for herself and Junghyun, and they were due to fly back the next morning. This time, she was going to chase him and work things out.

She was still afraid, but Miyoung and Sooyoung were right - they had wasted so much time, and she didn't want to lose more.

"I'll be fine, don't worry." Jihyun reassured them as they pulled her and Junghyun into a hug. "Thank you girls." She said as they smiled widely, "We'll always be here for you, Ji. I'm glad that you're not crying alone in your apartment this time."

Jihyun nodded with a smile before she started heading towards the entrance, "I'll see you girls soon."

"Bye Auntie Miyoung and Auntie Sooyoung!" Junghyun waved while the two girls chuckled, "I'm gonna miss you, cutie." The two girls chimed in as they landed a peck on the young girl's cheeks. 

With one last hug, they entered the sliding doors, ready to head back to the city she left her heart in.

The flight journey felt arduously long and tiring. Her mind was running wild and she came up with multiple scenarios on the things she would like to tell him - a small smile crept to her face as she touched the necklace lying on her neck, she knew he'd be happy to see her wear it.

When the plane finally touched down, she pulled Junghyun out of her seat quickly and they were the first two out of the airplane as they speed-walked to the baggage claim. Hailing a cab, they headed straight home, and were ready to unpack before she would head out to look for him. On the cab, she her phone - shocked to be met with numerous notifications streaming in, all from the same group chat.

"What the hell happened?" She mumbled to herself as she saw previews of Miyoung and Sooyoung's messages. It had only been 13 hours, what could she have missed out on?

She entered the group chat page and scrolled down quickly to find 300 unread messages from the girls - she couldn't be bothered to read everything and only saw the last two messages containing an article and a message. "Read this, Ji. Call us after you do."

She opened the article without thinking much of it, and was met with the greatest shock of the day. She could feel her heart shattering.

"[BREAKING NEWS] Jeon Jungkook of BTS and solo artist Lee Nari confirmed to be dating!" 

It's official! Both Jeon Jungkook and Lee Nari have confirmed that they're in a relationship!

Big Hit Entertainment confirmed the news when we reached out to them, "The two of them have gotten to know each other better as they are in the same label and have worked on various singing projects together. They started to build a budding relationship and eventually ended up dating."

We send our sincere congratulations to the happy couple!

--Flashback--

"You can't. I'm in love with someone else." He said softly and she widened her eyes in shock. "This is Nari. She's also a trainee, she understands my busy schedule and we're in the same profession. It's much easier and better this way." He said as he hung his arm over her shoulder.

Isn't this the same Nari that he left her for?

She closed the article immediately as tears welled up in her eyes, blinding her eyesight.

"Eomma, are you okay?" Junghyun asked as she wiped a tear which had fallen from her mother's eyes and Jihyun nodded slowly, "I'm okay, baby. Don't worry." She said as she turned to look at the view and Junghyun had gone back to watching her cartoon.

She wasn't sure how she got out of the cab and into her house with Junghyun in her arms, but when she entered the door, her mother ran towards her and clutched onto the both of them before they could fall.

"What happened to you?!" She shrieked and Jihyun continued crying loudly and uncontrollably. It was the first time her mother had seen her cry this badly, and she knew something big must have happened.

"Halmeoni... I think eomma is sad that Uncle Jungkook left..." She said with nervousness and sincerity in her eyes as she hugged her dejected mother. Mrs Kim looked surprised but merely let out a deep sigh as she quietly patted her daughter's back.

Her mother had helped to pry Junghyun away from her, and had offered to wash her up while Jihyun calmed down. She spent the rest of the day crying quietly in the study room, afraid to let Junghyun hear her.

Scrolling through the numerous articles about his dating rumours, it seemed that they had been dating the entire time that Jungkook had been chasing after her again. He was cheating on her, again. She was furious - she couldn't believe that he had been lying to her all this time, she couldn't believe that she was the fool, again.

Glancing at her caller ID, she quickly picked up the call. "Ji? Are you okay?" Miyoung and Sooyoung could clearly see her bloodshot eyes, and the moment she tried to answer, they fell again like a waterfall. "I'm okay..." She said softly and the girls crossed their eyebrows in response, "We're heading back to Seoul." They said firmly as Miyoung left the screen and rushed to get her laptop while Sooyoung nodded towards her statement and looked at Jihyun with concerned eyes.

"Please don't do that!" Jihyun shrieked and the two froze in motion, "We did say that we're going back to Seoul to beat the living daylights out of the guy." Sooyoung said nonchalantly and Jihyun shook her head, "Please, I don't want anymore drama. I'll be fine."

"But Ji, we can't let you cry alone." Miyoung retorted and Jihyun gave a small smile in return, "I won't be alone. I have Junghyun, my mum, and I have you guys - even if it's thousands of miles away. Please don't come back for this, I'm not letting the both of you spend thousands of dollars for an air ticket just because I'm upset." Jihyun said rationally and the two girls tried to retort, "Girls, I know the travel industry isn't doing the best right now - so please, save the money for yourselves." The two sighed in return, knowing that they were not able to fight with Jihyun's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter