Chapter 20

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Taehyung’s birthday on 30th December and he had to spend the day at the broadcast station with the year-end performances. Sulking because he couldn’t spend time with Jihyun and Junghyun instead, the situation was worse because Jihyun had informed him that she was due to go to Jeju for a concert interview during the weekend.

30th December seemed just like any other day as he moped around the sofa, scrolling through his phone while waiting for Jihyun to reply. Jimin noticed that his best friend was acting out of character - he wasn’t his usual cheerful self, but he knew that had to be the case for Jihyun’s plan to work out.

Scanning the room, all the members except Jungkook were around as Jimin had purposely asked his idol friends to distract him. Albeit confused, they obliged nevertheless as it was rare to reconnect due to their conflicting schedules. Sharing a knowing look with the rest, they exchanged smirks and smiles and they all raised a small thumbs up to show they were ready.

Smiling to himself, he sent a text discreetly.

We’re ready! - Jimin

Holding one cake in her hand and Junghyun in another, she stopped in front of the door nervously as she read Jimin’s message. Beckoning Junghyun to open the door, her daughter nodded her head with determination as she turned the doorknob, revealing a sleeping Taehyung lying on the sofa.

They crept slowly to the blue-haired boy as the members tried to stifle their laughter and stood by the side. Nodding her head to her daughter, a small giggle escaped her as she dipped her hand into the packet of extra cream and slabbed some on the innocent boy lying on the sofa.

Feeling a cold sensation before he drifted off to sleep, he opened his eyes groggily to find a pair of mischievous eyes looking back at him and he retreated back into the sofa in shock. “Junghyun?!”

Taking in the shock, he slowly looked up to see the face he had missed the most due to the never-ending rehearsals and practices he had. They haven’t met since the day they had decided to date and take it slow, and Taehyung had missed her terribly even though they texted and tried to speak everyday. Joy sparkled inside him as he took in the view, uncaring of the few bits of cream that Junghyun had smeared onto his face.

“Ji, I thought you were in Jeju!” Taehyung exclaimed and Jihyun gave a playful look, “Well, I had to be a good actor to pull this off.”

She wanted to do something special for him - after all, Taehyung had done so much for her and she didn’t know how to express her appreciation. Kim Taehyung was an eccentric guy, and celebrating the normal way was lame, so the thought of pranking him seemed like a perfect plan.

Cooking up a white lie when Taehyung asked her if she was free, she decided to ask his best friend to partake in the plan where he happily obliged. She didn’t forget to ask him to ensure that Jungkook wasn’t there - she didn’t know how he’d react if he knew that they were dating after the episode the other day. Even though he had hurt her badly, she didn’t want to do the same to him. Knowing that your ex-girlfriend was dating your bandmate definitely wasn’t the best feeling even if he didn’t have any feelings for her anymore.

Taking the cake off her hands and passing it to Jimin who had a knowing smile, he pulled Jihyun into a hug and sighed as he felt the warmth expand through his body when the girl placed her hands on his back. “I missed you so much, Ji.”

Everyone apart from Jimin gaped. They could all tell that it wasn’t the kind of hug that you would give a friend after not seeing them for a long time - it however was the kind of hug that signified a reunion of two people missing each other, definitely more than friends.

“And me!” Junghyun raised her hands as she jumped higher, “And you of course.” He said with crinkling eyes as he separated from the hug and carried the girl to his level.

“Okay let’s blow this cake out before the candles go out!” Jimin cheered and Jihyun could hear Yoongi mumble under his breath, “And explain what the  is going on after this.” She breathed in deeply to calm her nerves.

--

There was no time to explain. The eight of them had turned the entire room upside down as they played with the cream, threatening to smear on each other’s faces as they ran after each other. Jihyun laughed at the sight of a fearful Hoseok escaping from her daughter as she laughed evilly with a handful of cream. She looked over to the other side and chortled loudly as she saw that Namjoon and Yoongi had tackled Jin and Jimin into a corner while decorating their faces with whipping cream.

Just when she let her guard down, she gasped in surprise as she felt a cold smear on her face. Turning to look at her attacker, she saw the boy snickering evilly at her. “That was for tricking me!” He laughed while running away and Jihyun gasped in surprise, “Come back here, Kim Taehyung!”

She ran after him but he was quicker, climbing onto the sofa as Jihyun jumped to reach his face. Frustrated that she couldn’t reach him as he stood smugly at a height, she stood up on the soft sofa and even then, she was still shorter than the boy.

Jumping softly on the sofa, she accidentally lost her balance and the next thing she knew, she was falling mid-air while failing to grasp onto anything as her arms flailed. Letting out a shriek and shutting her eyes tightly to prepare herself for the fall, “Oh my god!” She screamed loudly as a sudden rush of adrenaline rushed through her body.

Instead of the cold hard floor, a hand landed on her head and another on her back to lessen the impact and she felt herself crouched into a hug by a warm body beside her as she laid on the plushy sofa against her back.

Opening her eyes slowly, she looked up to find a grinning Taehyung beside her.

"I'll break all your falls." He said as he pushed a strand of hair away from her face. She suddenly realized that they were in close proximity to each other and she could see that he was leaning in slowly. Staying frozen to the spot, she didn't know how to react as he inched closer.

Just when their noses touched, a loud bang of the door was heard, interrupting the moment.

She turned her head towards the noise to see Jin peering out the door while shouting, "Jungkook! Jeon Jungkook!"

An awkward silence filled the room as she found the rest of the members looking at them with guilty faces. She quickly separated herself from Taehyung, straightening her dress as she stood up from the sofa.

"Jungkook was here a couple of minutes ago." Jimin confirmed Jihyun’s suspicions. "I think he saw everything." Jimin continued, and he could see that the girl seemed nervous as her lips parted slightly in shock.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter