Chapter 11

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She woke up earlier than expected, but she wanted to continue laying in her position - snuggled right next to him in the cold weather. She looked up at his relaxed face as he slept and had one arm casually hung around her shoulder - she felt bliss, happiness, and comfort all at once. She hadn't felt this way since forever, and she missed this.

She slowly recalled what happened last night and even though she felt blissful, she still couldn't get over that bad and tugging feeling in her heart. It had been the best one week of her life, and she knew in her heart that she was falling for Jeon Jungkook all over again. It scared her so badly, because there was a possibility that her heart could get broken again, and she knew she would never ever want to experience those feelings of despair again.

Just then, her phone vibrated furiously and Jihyun quickly reached out to check the caller ID, she hesitated for a moment before looking at the boy next to her - Jungkook was still asleep. She crept her way to the kitchen to speak.

"Hey beautiful." The voice cooed as he appeared on screen while Jihyun let out a chuckle. "Hi Tae."

"How's New York?" He asked with a concerned expression and Jihyun tried to answer casually. "New York's been alright." She said with a smile, but she could tell that he had questions.

"So, I heard Jungkook did a photoshoot with Vogue New York, did you have a part in that?" He looked perplexed, and Jihyun slapped herself internally. "Ah... that..."

"I didn't know you two were that close." Taehyung said and Jihyun stayed silent while thinking of the words she should say. "We were." A low voice at the back said and Jihyun widened her eyes instantly, she could tell that Taehyung was surprised too.

"Jungkook? What are you doing in Jihyun's apartment?" He asked with narrowed eyes and Jungkook shrugged as he entered the frame so that Taehyung could see him, "I followed her to New York when I heard your conversation with her." He said. He had heard Jihyun talking on the phone in the morning and he immediately knew who the caller was. Even though he knew he had no right, he wanted to show Jihyun off to the world, to tell Taehyung that she was his, and he should give it all up.

"What?" Taehyung was baffled and in shock while Jihyun groaned inwardly. "Why would you do that?" Taehyung asked in a soft, shaky voice - dreading whatever answer that was coming up.

"Because I have never stopped loving her since six years ago."

There was a pregnant silence in the room, and Taehyung was at a loss for words while Jihyun stayed silent. Never in his entire lifetime did he think that Jungkook could be a part of Jihyun's past, and a sudden flashback came to his mind.

--Flashback--

"Is Junghyun... his?" He asked carefully and she pursed her lips nervously, unsure of what to say. Seconds passed and no one said a single thing - he knew what the answer was.

"I'm guessing that's a yes." He saw a small nod. "But he doesn't know about this." She said and he seemed taken aback, "Wait, what?"

"I don't want him to know about Junghyun." She said firmly and Taehyung retorted, "But he's her father, Ji. Doesn't he deserve to know?"

"Wait a minute, Ji. Does that mean..."

She instantly knew what he was talking about.

"Stop, Tae! Don't say it." She interjected immediately and Jungkook looked at her with curious eyes. "Say what?"

"Nothing." She said firmly and Taehyung gasped in shock, realizing that there was a chance that Junghyun might be Jungkook's child.

"Tell me!" Jungkook raised his voice slightly and Jihyun shook her head, "I am not going to tell you anything."

"Taehyung, I think we need a minute. She's going to have to call you back." He said before he shut off her phone, leaving Taehyung bewildered at the situation.

"What is this important thing that you'd rather tell Taehyung and not me?" He asked quietly and the girl merely shook her head, "I'm not saying."

"So you'd rather trust Taehyung than me?" He asked with hurt in his voice. "Am I not worthy enough for you to pour your feelings out to?"

"I'm protecting you, Jungkook." She argued and he shook his head, "Protecting me? If you wanted to protect me you would have just told me what you're thinking instead of having me second-guess everything!"

"I can't trust you yet!" She screamed and instantly regretted it when she saw a disappointed expression on his face, but she continued on. "You can't expect me to trust you after you did that to me."

"I'm trying, aren't I? I am really doing everything I can to make it up to you!" He explained and tears fell down her eyes instantly, "Jungkook, you can't just make it up to me. I don't know how you're going to do it, but the brokenness in me, the fear of trusting you again - it's not going away anytime soon." She said softly, and the boy felt his heart sink.

"You kissed me last night, didn't you still have feelings for me?" Jungkook asked with hopeful eyes, but she refused to admit it - he broke her heart and she still felt like a fool because she knew she still loved him.

"Did last night really mean nothing to you? Do I mean nothing to you?" He continued and Jihyun knew it wasn't true. It meant so much to her, but she didn't know if she was ready to accept him again.

"Are you saying that you don't think it'd work out between us, even in the future?" He asked and Jihyun finally spoke. "There are so many obstacles in front of us, I don't know how we can get through this."

"I promise it will be different this time." Jungkook said with hopeful eyes, but her rational side took over. "People can say things they don't mean, Jungkook. Six years ago you told me we'd be forever, but look where we are now?" She asked with quivering lips and this time, a wave of guilt washed over him. It suddenly dawned on her that they were both broken for different reasons.

"I don't think this is working o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter