Chapter 24

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arriving at the rooftop, Jungkook silently took out a plain manila envelope from his backpack before presenting it to Jihyun. Confused, she opened the envelope, widening her eyes when she saw the contents of it.

DNA Test of Jeon Jungkook and Kim Junghyun.

Statement of Results:

Based on the results of the DNA test, it is proven that Mr. Jeon Jungkook is the biological father of Kim Junghyun as the probability of paternity is 99.999%.

Her jaw dropped as she looked at the youngest, who had a firm expression on his face.

It had all happened last night. After Taehyung and Mrs. Kim had fallen asleep, he couldn’t stop thinking about what the doctor had said.

“Great! We can do the blood transfusion now. Are you her father?” The doctor asked and Jungkook looked bewildered and confused as Taehyung fell silent. “What?”

“The patient’s blood is AB negative, it’s a rare kind of blood and not everyone has it. Usually only their parents would have the same blood type.”

He walked out the door in frustration as the scene replayed in his mind. I need answers.

The doctor had agreed to run the paternity test immediately since there were leftover blood samples from both Jungkook and Junghyun. The test results came out within two hours, and the boy was shocked when he read the report.

It’s a match. Junghyun is really his daughter.

That explained Junghyun’s age - she’s six years old, that meant that Jihyun was pregnant with her the year that they had broken up. Jihyun had said that she had been in love with him for the past six years, and apart from one-night stands which he knew Jihyun wasn’t that kind of person, there couldn’t be anyone else. How could he have been so dumb not to realize it?

He walked back into the room in shock, staring at the young girl as he observed her face. Junghyun’s sparkly big eyes, her double eyelids that only appear from time to time, her round head and nose - these were all his features. That explained why even though he was usually awkward around kids, Junghyun was different. She felt familiar and he loved spending time with the young girl - they got along so well.

--

“Why didn’t you tell me this?” He asked as Jihyun continued to stay rooted to the ground, not saying a single word. She was prepared to cook up some excuse and said that it was a coincidence that Jungkook and Junghyun shared the same blood type, but she hadn’t expected the boy to grow curious and run a paternity test on his own.

He was waiting for answers, and Jihyun took a deep breath before speaking.

“What difference would it have made?” She asked in a monotone voice, extremely sure that even if Jungkook had known about Junghyun earlier, nothing would have changed as he would only be staying with her for obligation.

“I could have taken care of Junghyun with you.” He mumbled softly but the girl caught it, “If you’re going to take care of Junghyun because you feel obligated to, then I’d rather take care of her myself.”

Frustration kicked in him. How could she make the decision by herself?

“You didn’t ask my opinion about it.” Jungkook said in a raised voice, and Jihyun could feel the tension rising, “I didn’t have to. Junghyun is mine.”

“She’s mine too!” Jungkook erupted and Jihyun pursed her lips as she looked at him with disappointed eyes, “You walked out on me six years ago, Jungkook.” She reminded him, and all the anger in him was replaced by guilt.

“What did you want me to do? Beg you to stay because I got pregnant? Well, I’m sorry Jungkook, but I have pride too!” She shouted bitterly and Jungkook softened. “I’m sorry, Jihyun.” She turned towards him as he wore a remorseful look.

“I shouldn’t have gotten angry at you in the first place. It must have been hard on you raising Junghyun all on your own.” He said as he placed a pat on her shoulder, and she felt her tense shoulders loosening up slowly.

“It was tough, but Junghyun was the only light in my bleak life. If it wasn’t for her, I might have died.” She said softly as she was reminded of all the times she had almost chosen another route if not for the fact that she didn’t want Junghyun to be left alone.

“You might have left me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter