Chapter 31

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taehyung kissed you?!” Jungkook shrieked loudly when they arrived home, eyes filled with anger and Jihyun regretted telling him instantly - but she knew it’d be worse if she didn’t.

“Calm down, Kook. He was upset and distressed so-”

“That doesn’t give him the right to kiss you, especially when we’re together!” Jungkook continued shouting and Jihyun sighed, “Jeon Jungkook, listen to me.”

Jungkook quietened down instantly.

“Think about it in Tae’s shoes. He was in love with me the entire time and had to pick up the pieces of my broken heart when you did nothing but hurt me with your confusing actions the entire time.”

Jungkook felt a slight pang to his heart.

“He embraced Junghyun entirely and cared for both of us even though he wasn’t obliged to. Junghyun isn’t his daughter and yet he loved her as well. I finally agreed to date him and we all thought it was going well, until I realized the truth that you’ve been hiding from me, and then I told him I was still in love with you the entire time.”

“Oh god, I’m the worst.” She had wanted to explain it to Jungkook, but re-enacting the entire story made Jihyun feel even worse as a sickening feeling pooled at her stomach and tears threatened to fall. She was angry at herself, and guilty for breaking the heart of the person who had done nothing but loved her.

Jungkook felt guilty as well, and all the anger in him disappeared. Jihyun was right, they had hurted Taehyung, and maybe his actions were a form of defense mechanism. He could understand him, just this once.

“Babe, look at me.” He said as he cupped her tear-stained cheeks and looked into her eyes. They looked confused and scared as tears continued falling from them while he wiped them away.

“You’re not a bad person, okay? You’re one of the best and purest people I’ve ever met in my entire life. Taehyung is hurt, but that doesn’t make you a bad person at all. He just needs time to get better, and we should respect that for now.” He comforted and she nodded her head, calming down a little as he ran her hands down her back. Her breathing steadied and the tears stopped falling - much to Jungkook’s relief.

“We’re all going to be okay.”

--

It was a Sunday morning when Mina called, and Mina never calls during the weekends unless it’s something important. Widening her eyes at the caller, she suspected that something was up, and she jolted out of bed to answer the video call.

Amused at Jihyun’s half-awake face, she let out a laugh, leaving Jihyun confused. “What’s up?” She asked and Mina merely shook her head before sighing, “I’ve got something to ask you.”

“What is it?” Jihyun asked groggily, trying to shake herself awake.

“Are you dating BTS’s Jeon Jungkook?”

She was instantly awake.

Mina never really probed about her dating life, only occasionally teasing her now and then when a hot co-worker asks for a lunch date, or to grab dinner after work if she was free - but Jihyun was never really interested, and Mina never understood why.

Looking at the girl’s startled reaction, Mina got her answer as she narrowed her eyes teasingly. “Looks like someone finally melted Kim Jihyun’s ice cold heart.” Jihyun blushed scarlet red at Mina’s words.

“Wait, how did you know?” Jihyun asked, confused. No one really knew of their relationship except for her family and close friends, but she hadn’t had the chance to speak with Mina about this, how could her boss know?

“I think the entire world knows.” Mina shrugged and Jihyun paled, “What do you mean?”

“Well, an anonymous account made a comment on a BTS’s fanclub post last night and it blew up. The post stated that Jungkook broke up with Lee Nari because he was cheating with another girl and they posted a photo of the girl and her daughter. You can’t really see who’s the person because of the mask, but I knew it was you and Junghyun.” She said nonchalantly, and Jihyun gasped as she quickly hopped onto her computer to search Jungkook’s name.

There, she saw repeated pictures of Jungkook with her and Junghyun out on their playdate - pictures of them cycling at the Han River, playing with Junghyun at the playground, them picking Junghyun up from school. Mina was right - you couldn’t really tell because the pictures were blurry, but if anyone knew Jihyun, they could easily identify her.

“Jihyun, you there?” Mina asked with concern laced in her voice, and Jihyun turned her attention to her phone immediately. “Y-yeah, sorry Mina. I was s-surprised.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter