Chapter 26

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just… talk nicely. You guys are family, just remember that.” She sighed as she took one last look at Jungkook before entering the house.

“What the , Jungkook?” Taehyung chided when they settled down on the bench in the porch.

“I’m sorry, Tae. I was upset and drunk, I don’t know how I ended up here either… I just… wanted to see her.” Jungkook said guiltily. He knew he was at fault. After all, even though it wasn’t official, Jihyun was dating Taehyung and he shouldn’t have crossed the line.

“Jungkook, I don’t understand. If you chose Nari, why do you keep coming back to Ji?” Taehyung asked and Jungkook bowed his head, “I still love her, Tae… I’m sorry, but I will always love her.”

“Then why didn’t you choose her? She gave you a choice.” Taehyung asked calmly as he settled down beside the younger. “Because I know I can’t give her happiness like you do.” Jungkook said and Taehyung’s eyes softened. “And why is that so?”

“I can’t tell you, Tae.” He shook his head, and Taehyung knew that whatever Jungkook was hiding, it was something big and related to Jihyun. But he knew better than to push it.

“Whatever it is, I hope you solve it. But I need to tell you, I’m not letting her go this time.”

“I know, Tae. I’ll stay away.”

The talk ended calmly and Taehyung ended up driving Jungkook back to the dorms. The boys look relieved to see him back and he was questioned instantly of his whereabouts last night. The boy merely pursed his lips and said he was tired as he retreated into the room, leaving the rest of them confused by his actions while Taehyung merely shrugged.

--

The voicemail went to his mailbox again, and truth to be told, Jihyun was slowly losing hope in him. Sending one last text message to Jungkook, she picked Junghyun up and placed her into the passenger seat as the confused girl looked at her, “Eomma, aren’t we waiting for Uncle Jungkook?”

“No, he’s not coming.” She said with a stern voice as she started the engine of the car. Jungkook was supposed to come yesterday after school to pick Junghyun up, but he cancelled at the last minute and Mrs. Kim had to rush to pick her up.

Today they were supposed to head out after Junghyun’s school for ice cream before they go off to meet Taehyung, but once again, the boy was nowhere to be seen. Perplexed and angry that he had broken his promise, she saw a text that wrote “Sorry, I can’t make it today.”, and fury surged through her veins. Picking up her phone, she called Jungkook and he finally answered this time.

“Stop making promises if you’re not going to keep them, Jeon Jungkook. Don’t tell me you want to act like a father when you’re just going to be lying through your teeth again.” She hissed harshly, and that was all she said before she hung up, leaving him no chance to retort. The boy sighed into the phone, the only sound being the beeping of the phone as the line went dead.

He didn’t have a choice, there was no way he could spend time with Junghyun again if he wanted to protect them.

--

It was the 4th time that week that Jungkook was drunk again. His view was hazy as he downed the last shot of the night, and he slumped into the lap of a girl who had been trying to talk to him the entire night. Just when she was about to caress his hair, a figure pushed her away gently, but enough to send her falling onto her side.

“Hey!” The girl shouted angrily as the figure with a mask took Jungkook off her lap. “Sorry, I just need to bring my friend home.” He said as he lifted the younger and piggy-backed him out of the bar. “Jeon Jungkook, you are seriously going to be the death of me.” Jin muttered as he mouthed a thanks to Yugyeom - Jungkook’s friend who had called Jin to warn that he might be drinking too much.

Jungkook had told Jin about Nari’s threats when he got home that day. The elder knew that the boy had been drowning his sorrows in alcohol and he didn’t have any idea how to stop him. His words of comfort were useless to Jungkook - Jin knew that he didn’t need words, he needed Jihyun.

But the girl was mad at Jungkook, and Jin knew because Jihyun had scolded him so loudly on the phone that day to the point where he could hear her. The devastated look on Jungkook’s face was hard to miss, but he merely straightened his expression and plunged into hours of practice before hitting the bars at night again.

Apart from the threats, the elder knew that Jungkook was suffering. He saw the crestfallen look he gave when Jihyun would pop by the practice room after dance practice was over to wait for Taehyung. Even though he avoided looking at them, he saw the heartbroken expression whenever Taehyung would run towards the girl with sparkling eyes once they finished practice as the two walked out of the room and headed to spend the rest of the night together.

It had stopped before, but Jin had heard Jungkook crying every night again under his blanket since the day he knew that Jihyun and Taehyung were dating. He was suffering, the boy was breaking, and Jin told himself that he had to do something before the youngest snapped one day.

Sighing as he placed the boy gently on his bed when they arrived at the dorms, he took out his phone to text someone. He knew that she was confused and she needed answers, and if that could end the youngest’s suffering and solve all the issues, he would do it even if it wasn’t his place.

He was done seeing everyone suffer in pain when he k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter