Chapter 29

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt like things were finally looking up.

After the talk with Bang PD, Jungkook had informed the rest of the members about his decision. Even though they were worried for him, they too, stood by his decision.

“Everyone deserves happiness, Jungkook. If this is what you choose, we’ll be behind you all the way.” Hoseok said as he placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, and the rest followed to form a group hug.

The last one to come in was Taehyung as he stood outside.

Jungkook glanced at the older boy with a guilty expression, but Taehyung gave him a small smile as he came into the circle, closing the gap. “I told you we’d always be Taekook no matter what. I support whatever decision you’re making. Just take care of her.” He said as he ruffled Jungkook’s head and the younger beamed, “Thanks Tae.”

--

“Let’s send out a press release saying that Nari and I have broken up.” He casually told his manager while he widened his eyes, “What?”

“If I want to be with Jihyun, I can’t let the world think that I’m in a relationship with Nari.” He explained and Bang PD merely stayed silent while his manager pursed his lips in disagreement.

“You told me I can do whatever I want, so this is me deciding on something.” Jungkook had spent the entire week thinking of his next step, and even though Jihyun had emphasized that it didn’t matter they didn’t have a label, Jungkook couldn’t let her be treated like this.

“Do that then. You’re an adult, you make your own decisions.” Bang PD said before standing up, attempting to leave. “But Bang PD, we-”

“Manager Kim, Jungkook’s an adult. He has to suffer the consequences if things really go south. Contact the PR team if that’s what he wants.” That was the last thing he said before he exited the room.

Jungkook smiled to himself, things were finally going his way.

--

Nari was livid. Livid could’ve been an understatement, because what she felt now was rage filling through her body. “He wants to announce a breakup with me?!” She screamed through the phone as her assistant informed her of the news he had received. “Y-yes.” He answered meekly, and she continued questioning, “Why?”

“I heard that he is in a relationship with someone else.” He answered hesitantly. “Who is the person?”

“I heard from Manager Kim that her name is Kim Jihyun.” He said, and she gripped the phone so tightly her knuckles had turned white. Slamming down the phone, she let out a loud scream through her hotel room in London, pushing off the vases that shattered into pieces on the floor.

Jeon Jungkook, Kim Jihyun - I warned you, but you two never listened, didn't you?

--

“Is the news real?!” Her friends screamed into the phone as she stared at it groggily - it was 9am on a Saturday morning and Jihyun was trying to sleep in from the late night she had pulled after editing another interview last night, but a shrill ringtone had awoken her up from her sleep.

“What the heck is going on?” She murmured when she saw her two friends squealing excitedly. “Read the link!” They said, and she tapped onto the notification which showed a link to an article.

--BREAKING NEWS--

Big Hit Entertainment has confirmed that BTS’s Jeon Jungkook and Lee Nari have officially broken up, ending their few months of relationship. The reason was due to their busy schedules, but the label has assured that they will continue to remain as friends and labelmates.

“We thank everyone for your concern on this issue and we ask for your continuous support to our artists.” Big Hit commented.

She jolted up in shock. A confused expression appeared on her face as she turned back into the video call with Miyoung and Sooyoung who were already looking at her with excited faces. “Okay, Jungkook didn’t tell me any of this.”

She had updated her two friends in New York regularly about the issue, and even though they had their doubts about Jungkook, they were mostly touched by the back story and reason that Jungkook had left her in the first place. They were entirely supportive of their relationship, and Jihyun was glad she could lean on them for support.

“Didn’t he tell you this?” Miyoung asked, and just on cue, a call from Jungkook came. “I’ll talk to you girls in a bit, he’s calling.”

“You wanna tell me what’s going on?” Jihyun raised her eyebrows as soon as the boy’s face lit up the screen. He rubbed his neck awkwardly before chuckling, “I just thought I’d try to fix things and give you a surprise.”

Smiling at his efforts, she continued, “Thanks Kook. I appreciate this.”

“What happened to ‘not needing a label’ huh?” He teased while Jihyun rolled her eyes. “I was trying to make life easier for you.”

“Share your worries with me, Ji. We’ll go through them together.” He smiled gently as a rush of assurance rushed through her body.

“We will.”

--

“So, have you thought about my suggestion?” Jungkook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter