Chapter 28

Home | Jungkook (Completed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She felt like a teenager all over again. The butterflies in her stomach when she saw him, the quick beating of her heart when he gazed into her eyes before landing a kiss on her lips, the warm feeling flushing over her body when he held onto her hands. She was falling in love with Jeon Jungkook all over again.

Slurping her ramyeon beside Jungkook at the Han River was pure bliss to her. She forgot how these simple dates meant so much to her in her memory - the last time they’d been here together was six years ago, things had been so different then. They were still young foolish teenagers who didn’t know what the world had in place for them, and yet here they were, still foolish, but together again.

“Any luck with Tae?” Jungkook asked, and she froze mid-air as she bit off her noodles, dropping the remaining into the aluminium plate. “I still haven’t spoken to him since that day.”

It was radio silence with Taehyung. She had tried calling him, but he never picked up. Taehyung rarely missed her calls, and even if he did, he would call back after an hour. But it had been two weeks, and Taehyung still hadn’t returned her calls.

She got the message. Taehyung was avoiding her.

“To make you feel better, he hasn’t been talking much to me either. Only when it’s during official schedules, other than that, he avoids me completely.”

Perhaps he needed time, and she respected that space. After all, it was a huge blow to the boy. He promised we’ll still be friends.

“I’m sorry I ruined your friendship.” She muttered softly as she laid her head on his shoulder, “I’m sure he’ll come around soon.” Jungkook reassured as he kissed her forehead.

He pushed the girl up slightly and took a silver chain from his pocket. Unclasping it, he placed the necklace on Jihyun’s neck and she shivered at his touch. Touching the pendant on her neck, she knew it was the same one that she had given him back when previously.

“I believe this is yours.” He said as he admired the shining necklace on her while she smiled, “You kept it well.”

“I was waiting for a day that I could finally put it on you again.” He said as he gazed into her glittering eyes which seemed to hold the dazzling night sky. “I love it.” She smiled as she leaned back on his shoulder, stealing pecks of kisses from time to time.

--

He was beyond upset. The heartbreak felt as if someone had taken his heart out and ripped it apart, he felt as if he was lit by fire and left to burn in ashes when she left. From the lifted spirits of Jungkook, he knew the two had reunited - he should be happy, he thought. He did a good thing, didn’t he? He wished only for Jihyun’s happiness, and now she’s finally happy, so why was he feeling like ?

Even though Jimin forced him to eat, he hadn’t had the appetite for anything and Taehyung was losing more and more weight as the weeks passed by. His best friend was worried, that he knew, but he couldn’t bring himself to do anything else except sleep. If he could, he would choose to sleep all day, but he couldn’t, so he dragged his heavy body and prayed that time would pass faster so he could go home.

Everyone was walking on eggshells around him - no one would speak about Jihyun and Jungkook, but they tried to engage in conversation and comforted him from time to time, assuring that they’d be there if he’d like to talk.

It was another night in his room. Music playing on his vinyl player, the soft voice of the singer coaxing him to sleep. Yeontan was snuggling beside him as he scrolled thoughtlessly through his phone, heart wrenching again when he viewed the pictures he had taken with Jihyun and Junghyun. The stinging pain in his heart felt as if it never left.

A small knock on his door was heard, he knew it had to be Jimin. “Jimin, I’m not hungry.” He sighed as he turned to the other side, ducking his head under the blanket.

“It’s me, Jihyun.” A familiar voice spoke with hesitancy as a head popped between the doors. He whipped his head out of his blanket to see the girl he hadn’t seen for two weeks looking at him with an unsure smile, “Hey Ji.” He muttered before propping himself up with a stoic expression on his face.

“Are you okay, Tae?” She asked and he stayed silent, staring into space. “I’ve been calling you but you haven’t called back… So I decided to just pop by and-”

“Well, did you expect me to answer the phone and tell you that I’m okay when my heart just got broken?” Taehyung’s tone came out harsher than he wanted it to, and Jihyun looked taken aback as went agape. “I-I’m sorry, Ji. I shouldn’t have-”

“N-no, i-it’s okay, T-tae. I was just a bit s-surprised. I understand how you feel.” Jihyun hung her head in shame as she thought about how upset he must have been. A pang of guilt hit her chest as she looked at the kind boy in front of her who had done nothing but love her.

“I’m sorry, Tae. I really am.” She said with watering eyes, and the boy softened as he shook his head, patting the seat next to him. “Come sit.”

She gingerly sat on the queen-sized bed, afraid to cross any boundaries. “Why did you come here today?” He asked softly. “You told me that we’re still going to be friends, so as a friend I just wanted to ensure that you’re feeling okay. I’m sorry I didn’t take into consideration how you might have felt.” She said guiltily and the boy smiled, “I’m not going to lie to you, but I’m definitely not feeling my best.”

“But I’ll be okay, Ji. Just… at least for now, I can’t be around you. I kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter